Invaluable cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
Discover Soviet Art & Books at Shapiro Auctions: No Reserve Lots of Drawings, Rare Books and Early Soviet Paintings
October 30, 2016, 10:00 AM EST
New York, NY, USA
Timed Auctions are a new and exciting way to buy quality lots from exclusively participating auctioneers. Place your top bid to be executed in confidence or get notified when you've been outbid and come back to bid again.
Our Timed Auctions are convenient, secure and designed to enhance your bidding experience.
P.S. Remember to refresh the page to see the current bid, time left, and if the lot closing was extended.Close
Lot 54: A POLITICAL LINOCUT BY KE-SHA, CIRCA 1920(49 views)
|Your max bid:
The Invaluable Live! SecureBid™ feature ensures you never overpay. Without disclosing your limit to anyone, SecureBid™ places your bids automatically, up to one increment higher than the last in-room bid or preset reserve, until we have reached your maximum bid.Close
(Enter more than $5)
Estimate: $300 - $500
INNOKENTY PAVLOVICH PROSKURIAKOV OR KE-SHA (RUSSIAN 1901-1960), Beat Him, linocut on paper, 16.5 x 21 cm (5-1/2 x 7-1/2 in.)
From the artist's family.
KE-SHA or Innokenty Pavlovich Proskuriakov (1901 Krasnoyarsk - 1960 Moscow) was a Soviet (Russian and Ukrainian) graphic artist, cartoonist and children`s books` illustrator. Proskuriakov lived in Ukraine (Kharkov), then in Moscow. He studied from prominent Ukrainian Avant-garde artists Vasyl` Ermilov and Ivan Padalka. He made many posters, caricatures, book illustrations. KE-SHA exhibited in 1929 (Kharkov, Erevan) with Ermilov, Benois, Grigoriev, Dobuzhinsky, Lebedev, Puni (Pougny), Favorsky, Chekhonin; in 1932 (Moscow) with Deineka, Klutsis, Moor, Stenberg, Cheremnykh.
For items shipped from New York City
(1) Lex Pack and Ship (Bob or Irma), Tel. +1 (212) 288-4425, email: email@example.com
(2) The UPS Store (Waldo) Tel. +1 (917) 217-7680, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) Fine Art Shippers LLC, (Oleg) Tel. +1 (917) 658-5075, email: email@example.com (also can help with Russia/CIS Shipments, including crates)
(4) Global Transit Group (Rostislav), Tel. +1 (718) 449-1971, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (also can help with Russia/CIS Shipments)
For larger items, art shuttles, and anything requiring wooden crates or specialized art transport
(1) Thomas Sullivan Transportation Management Inc.: +1 (718) 822-4169, email: email@example.com
(2) Cadogan Tate Fine Art: +1 (718) 706-7999, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) James Bourlet, Inc: +1 (718) 392-9770, email: email@example.com
(4) Atelier 4: +1 (718) 433-3500, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(5) Max Art International LLC, (Darius) Tel. +1 (917) 502-8731, email: email@example.com (also can help with Russia/CIS Shipments, including crates)
For local van and truck deliveries in New York City, Long Island, and the Tri-State Area
(1) Crossroads Delivery (Arthur): +1 (917) 807-3758, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) ArtWay Fine Art Services (Lenny): +1 (718) 213-6886 email: email@example.com
Please note, all buyers are responsible for paying for picking up their purchased items in person, or arranging and paying for shipment. Clients are free to choose their own shippers. We are not liable for the actions of any outside shippers and these recommendations are provided only for convenience. All items must be paid for within 7 days of the auction, regardless of whether shipment or pickup arrangements have been made.