Invaluable cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
Discover Soviet Art & Books at Shapiro Auctions: No Reserve Lots of Drawings, Rare Books and Early Soviet Paintings
October 30, 2016, 10:00 AM EST
New York, NY, USA
Timed Auctions are a new and exciting way to buy quality lots from exclusively participating auctioneers. Place your top bid to be executed in confidence or get notified when you've been outbid and come back to bid again.
Our Timed Auctions are convenient, secure and designed to enhance your bidding experience.
P.S. Remember to refresh the page to see the current bid, time left, and if the lot closing was extended.Close
Lot 16: A RUSSIAN PAINTING OF A GIRL BY SERGEEVA, 195(5,244 views)
|Your max bid:
The Invaluable Live! SecureBid™ feature ensures you never overpay. Without disclosing your limit to anyone, SecureBid™ places your bids automatically, up to one increment higher than the last in-room bid or preset reserve, until we have reached your maximum bid.Close
(Enter more than $1,000)
Estimate: $500 - $600
NINA SERGEEVA (UKRAINIAN 1921-1994), Youth, 1955, oil on board, 26 1/2 x 19 1/2 in (69 x 49 cm), signed lower left, dated and titled on vesro
Nina Sergeeva studied in the Kharkov Art Institute under the tutelage of C.M. Prokhorov, N.C. Samokish. With seven years of intense training Nina was accepted into the Moscow International Art Institute (now a part of the Surikov) where she studied with Surikov, S.E. Dudnika, and Igor Grabar, who was her greatest influence and mentor. Her diploma works Young Figurists are now in the permanent collection at the Museum of Academic Arts in St. Petersburg. In 1951 Nina Sergeeva became a member of the Moscow Artists' Union and in 1954 a member of the All Soviet Artists' Union. From 1954 until 1963 she concentrated on perfecting her skills and developing her own unique style. She exhibited often during these years and won the Young Artist Award several years in a row. Nina's first opportunity to participate in a major All Soviet exhibition came in 1957 when she was invited to exhibit in the Forty Years of the Great Socialist Revolution. The painting that she exhibited Festival Song is now in the collection of the Fine Arts Museum in Arkangelsk. In 1970 she was invited to participate in the All Soviet exhibition 100 Years of V.E. Lenin.From 1974 to 1984 she was the head of the Moscow Artists Union's Committee for the Development of Art and Culture in the Provinces. While holding this position she organized and participated in numerous exhibitions in Moscow, Volgograd, Arkangelsk and many other regions of Russia. Nina was one of the few artists to be allowed to travel outside the Soviet Union during the days of Communi.
For items shipped from New York City
(1) Lex Pack and Ship (Bob or Irma), Tel. +1 (212) 288-4425, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) The UPS Store (Waldo) Tel. +1 (917) 217-7680, email: email@example.com
(3) Fine Art Shippers LLC, (Oleg) Tel. +1 (917) 658-5075, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (also can help with Russia/CIS Shipments, including crates)
(4) Global Transit Group (Rostislav), Tel. +1 (718) 449-1971, email: email@example.com (also can help with Russia/CIS Shipments)
For larger items, art shuttles, and anything requiring wooden crates or specialized art transport
(1) Thomas Sullivan Transportation Management Inc.: +1 (718) 822-4169, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Cadogan Tate Fine Art: +1 (718) 706-7999, email: email@example.com
(3) James Bourlet, Inc: +1 (718) 392-9770, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(4) Atelier 4: +1 (718) 433-3500, email: email@example.com
(5) Max Art International LLC, (Darius) Tel. +1 (917) 502-8731, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (also can help with Russia/CIS Shipments, including crates)
For local van and truck deliveries in New York City, Long Island, and the Tri-State Area
(1) Crossroads Delivery (Arthur): +1 (917) 807-3758, email: email@example.com
(2) ArtWay Fine Art Services (Lenny): +1 (718) 213-6886 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, all buyers are responsible for paying for picking up their purchased items in person, or arranging and paying for shipment. Clients are free to choose their own shippers. We are not liable for the actions of any outside shippers and these recommendations are provided only for convenience. All items must be paid for within 7 days of the auction, regardless of whether shipment or pickup arrangements have been made.