Lot 1162: CIMENTO TEJO FABRICA EN ALHANDRA
October 29, 2016
Brussels, BelgiumLive Auction
Description: 19 May 1938 LISBOA. 5 Acçoes Esc.500$00. orange, red, blue, black. No 74541-45. Large format with folds and rather discoulered lower left quarter. Until 1894, Portugal had to import its cement from England. The first successful cement manufacturing plant was installed in Alhandra by Antonio Moreira Rato under the name Cement Tagus. Until 1920, this company was the only Portuguese cement producer (with a second unit in Sado). In 1959, the Alhandra factory had installed the largest cement kiln in the world (167,5 meters long), producing up to 500,000 tons of clinker. In 1974 the factory was nationalized.
Condition Report: VF