Invaluable cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
Lot 420: Compilation of Documents Regarding the Arab Village Beit Afa (Yad Natan)
November 20, 2013
Jerusalem, IsraelLive Auction
Compilation of documents regarding the Arab village Beit Afa situated on the southern coast of Israel (approximately 2 kilometers east of Kibbutz Negba). In the War of Independence, the village was seized by the Egyptian army and in July 1948, the village was the focus of heavy battles between the IDF and the Egyptian army. After capturing the adjacent Iraq Suwaydan police fort, the village was finally captured. Its residents fled during the battles and were not permitted to return after they ended and their property was announced as belonging to missing persons. In 1953, the settlement Yad Natan was founded on the village ruins.
1. Two typewritten leaves, "The Schedule Hereinbefore Referred to", with a list of the names of the Arab residents of the village who sold their land. The list includes the number of the lot sold and the whole document relates to the months of August-December 1933.
2. Contract between Peretz Pascal and Ya'akov Semkin, concerning the sale of the land of the village of Beit Afa, 1756 dunam (approximately 1
4 acre), 1934.  typewritten leaves.
3. Map (English) of El Majdal from 1946. The map has the area of the village of Beit Afa and the number of its lots. 130X100 cm. Folded. Tears.
4-5 documents of Ya'akov Semkin: share certificate of the Nir Company, 1929; contract of concession for selling fuel.
Varied size and condition.