Lot 20: DUTCH MARQUETRY INLAID WALNUT CHEST OF DRAWERS 18TH CENTURY 91cm wide, 83cm high, 57cm deep
January 25, 2017
Edinburgh, United KingdomLive Auction
DUTCH MARQUETRY INLAID WALNUT CHEST OF DRAWERS
the serpentine shaped top with a moulded edge above four long drawers, profusely inlaid with floral and foliate marquetry, raised on bracket feet
91cm wide, 83cm high, 57cm deep
- In generally good condition
- The marquetry is bright and in the mian intact.
- There is a small loss to the moulding to the front edge of the top section
- Another loss to the moulding to the facing left of the bottomost drawer (moulding still with item)
- The handles have been removed, with marks inside the drawers to show this, and small darkened filled screw holes to the outside
- Nicks scuffs and marks, mainly to the feet, consistent with age and use
Under the Conditions of Sale applicable to the sale of the lot, buyers must satisfy themselves as to each and every aspect of the quality of the lot, including (without limitation) its authorship, attribution, condition, provenance, authenticity, age, suitability and origin. Lots are sold on an ''as is'' basis but the actual condition of the lot may not be as good as indicated by its outward appearance. In particular parts may have been replaced or renewed and lots may not be authentic or of satisfactory quality.
Any statement in relation to the lot is merely an expression of opinion of the seller or Lyon & Turnbull and should not be relied upon as an inducement to bid on the lot. Lots are available for inspection prior to the sale and you are strongly advised to examine any lot in which you are interested prior to the sale. Our condition report has not been prepared by a professional conservator, restorer or engineer.