Invaluable cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
Lot 15: DUTCH WALNUT, BONE AND MARQUETRY DISPLAY CABINET 18TH CENTURY 153cm wide, 203cm high, 40cm deep
January 25, 2017
Edinburgh, United KingdomLive Auction
DUTCH WALNUT, BONE AND MARQUETRY DISPLAY CABINET
the arched moulded cornice centred by a carved acanthus, over a pair of glazed and mullioned doors between chamfered angles, opening to a plush lined shelved interior; the serpentine base with three long drawers and raised on foliate carved bun feet, inlaid throughout with floral marquetry with bone inlaid flowerheads
153cm wide, 203cm high, 40cm deep
key x 1
Endangered Species: Please be aware that lots marked with the symbol Y contain material which may be subject to CITES regulations when exporting outside the EU. For more information visit http://www.defra.gov.uk/ahvla-en/imports-exports/cites
- The marquetry throughout is mainly intact, with both side panels showing minor water damage
- The carving to the finial is crisp
- The cornice moulding has small nicks
- A pane of glass to the canted facing left side is cracked
- There are small losses to the veneer throughout, with a few larger losses to the facing left side
- Loss to the moulding on the central section of the facing right hand side
- A repaired section is visible to the reear lower facing left hand side
- Nicks, scuffs and marks throughout, consistent with age and use
Under the Conditions of Sale applicable to the sale of the lot, buyers must satisfy themselves as to each and every aspect of the quality of the lot, including (without limitation) its authorship, attribution, condition, provenance, authenticity, age, suitability and origin. Lots are sold on an ''as is'' basis but the actual condition of the lot may not be as good as indicated by its outward appearance. In particular parts may have been replaced or renewed and lots may not be authentic or of satisfactory quality.
Any statement in relation to the lot is merely an expression of opinion of the seller or Lyon & Turnbull and should not be relied upon as an inducement to bid on the lot. Lots are available for inspection prior to the sale and you are strongly advised to examine any lot in which you are interested prior to the sale. Our condition report has not been prepared by a professional conservator, restorer or engineer.
The late Countess of Lanesborough, previously Swithland Hall, Leicestershire