Invaluable cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
Lot 62: FRENCH LACQUER CABINET ON STAND BY MAISON GIROUX 19TH CENTURY 81cm wide, 144cm high, 42cm deep
January 25, 2017
Edinburgh, United KingdomLive Auction
FRENCH LACQUER CABINET ON STAND BY MAISON GIROUX
the marble top with pierced brass gallery above a pair of Chinese lacquered doors enclosing pigeonholes and nine small drawers, the whole raised on a base with sliding secretaire, on square tapering legs with uniting stretcher surmounted by a gilt bronze bacchic infant, bearing maker''s label MAISON ALPH GIROUX/ BOULEVARD DES CAPUCINES 43/ BRONZE EBONISTERIE/ PAPETIE CAPREMENTS COULEUR/ TABLEAUX ET DESSINS JOUETS D''ENFANTS
81cm wide, 144cm high, 42cm deep
- overall of very good condition and appearance
- the lacquer panels are generally very good, however there is a a rubbed area on the top of the L panel and a long scuff across the bottom of the R panel approx 6cm
- one foot is a bit loose and may need to be re-inforced
- marble top in good condition
- interior clean, one drawer pull is broken and lacking
- the sliding secretair drawer is lacking its key; the baize cover is modern
- some very small veneer chips here and there, mostly on the sides of the moulded cornice
- the gilt putto is in good order, it does not attach to the stretcher but sits on the centre section - it may not be original but a later addition
- small marks and scratches here and there consistent with age and use
Under the Conditions of Sale applicable to the sale of the lot, buyers must satisfy themselves as to each and every aspect of the quality of the lot, including (without limitation) its authorship, attribution, condition, provenance, authenticity, age, suitability and origin. Lots are sold on an ''as is'' basis but the actual condition of the lot may not be as good as indicated by its outward appearance. In particular parts may have been replaced or renewed and lots may not be authentic or of satisfactory quality.
Any statement in relation to the lot is merely an expression of opinion of the seller or Lyon & Turnbull and should not be relied upon as an inducement to bid on the lot. Lots are available for inspection prior to the sale and you are strongly advised to examine any lot in which you are interested prior to the sale. Our condition report has not been prepared by a professional conservator, restorer or engineer.