Lot 241: GEORGE II BURR WALNUT CROSSBANDED DRESSER BASE LATE 18TH CENTURY 206cm wide, 83cm high, 48cm deep
January 25, 2017
Edinburgh, United KingdomLive Auction
GEORGE II BURR WALNUT CROSSBANDED DRESSER BASE
LATE 18TH CENTURY
the top with inlaid banding above three drawers with corresponding inlay over a beaded serpentine apron on cabriole legs with pointed pad feet
206cm wide, 83cm high, 48cm deep
- The top surface has several repairs and minor splits, with larger stress fractures here and there
- The wood is a deep eged colour, with patches of warm walnut showing through
- The handles appear to be original
- The central drawer is missing its lock
- Small losses to the moulding on the drawers and to the apron
- The facing front left leg has been repaired
Under the Conditions of Sale applicable to the sale of the lot, buyers must satisfy themselves as to each and every aspect of the quality of the lot, including (without limitation) its authorship, attribution, condition, provenance, authenticity, age, suitability and origin. Lots are sold on an ''as is'' basis but the actual condition of the lot may not be as good as indicated by its outward appearance. In particular parts may have been replaced or renewed and lots may not be authentic or of satisfactory quality.
Any statement in relation to the lot is merely an expression of opinion of the seller or Lyon & Turnbull and should not be relied upon as an inducement to bid on the lot. Lots are available for inspection prior to the sale and you are strongly advised to examine any lot in which you are interested prior to the sale. Our condition report has not been prepared by a professional conservator, restorer or engineer.