Invaluable cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
Lot 245: GEORGE II OAK CUPBOARD MID 18TH CENTURY 160cm wide, 204cm high, 37cm deep
January 25, 2017
Edinburgh, United KingdomLive Auction
GEORGE II OAK CUPBOARD
MID 18TH CENTURY
the straight moulded cornice above a pair of arched double panel doors opening to a later shelved interior, the base with four deep short drawers above a shaped apron and raised on ogee bracket feet
160cm wide, 204cm high, 37cm deep
- no keys
- the interior R side has been fitted with modern shelves
- section of moulding lacking from lower R side; part section of the moulding is present but detached
- feet are replaced
- drilled holes on upper L side below cornice
- brass handles on upper cabinet not original; those on lower cabinet appear to be original; a couple of the bale handles are lacking
- loss to rear upper back corner below the cornice moulding
- in our opinion this is not a marriage
- old marks, scuffs, and scratches thorughout consistent with age and use
Under the Conditions of Sale applicable to the sale of the lot, buyers must satisfy themselves as to each and every aspect of the quality of the lot, including (without limitation) its authorship, attribution, condition, provenance, authenticity, age, suitability and origin. Lots are sold on an ''as is'' basis but the actual condition of the lot may not be as good as indicated by its outward appearance. In particular parts may have been replaced or renewed and lots may not be authentic or of satisfactory quality.
Any statement in relation to the lot is merely an expression of opinion of the seller or Lyon & Turnbull and should not be relied upon as an inducement to bid on the lot. Lots are available for inspection prior to the sale and you are strongly advised to examine any lot in which you are interested prior to the sale. Our condition report has not been prepared by a professional conservator, restorer or engineer.