Lot 300: GEORGE III MAHOGANY ''RAEBURN'' ARMCHAIR 18TH CENTURY 76cm wide, 103cm high, 49cm deep
January 25, 2017
Edinburgh, United KingdomLive Auction
GEORGE III MAHOGANY ''RAEBURN'' ARMCHAIR
the upright back with a serpentine top rail over part padded scroll arms with curved bead and reel carved supports and a wide stuffover seat, raised on fluted straight legs joined by stretchers, the rear legs with wood castors
76cm wide, 103cm high, 49cm deep
- In generally good condition with signs of wear
- The upholstery is worn here and there, mainly to the arms, with some slightly frayed loose areas throughout
- Joints are tight
- The legs show scuffs and minor nicks consistent with age and use, with the stretcher being slightly more rubbed than the rest
- The moulding is in good order
- The upholstery is slightly untidy as it joins the seat bottom
Under the Conditions of Sale applicable to the sale of the lot, buyers must satisfy themselves as to each and every aspect of the quality of the lot, including (without limitation) its authorship, attribution, condition, provenance, authenticity, age, suitability and origin. Lots are sold on an ''as is'' basis but the actual condition of the lot may not be as good as indicated by its outward appearance. In particular parts may have been replaced or renewed and lots may not be authentic or of satisfactory quality.
Any statement in relation to the lot is merely an expression of opinion of the seller or Lyon & Turnbull and should not be relied upon as an inducement to bid on the lot. Lots are available for inspection prior to the sale and you are strongly advised to examine any lot in which you are interested prior to the sale. Our condition report has not been prepared by a professional conservator, restorer or engineer.