Lot 274: GLASGOW STYLE ARTS & CRAFTS PEWTER WALL MIRROR, CIRCA 1900 52cm x 117cm
October 26, 2016
Edinburgh, United KingdomLive Auction
ARTS & CRAFTS PEWTER WALL MIRROR, CIRCA 1900
the rectangular frame, set with turquoise Ruskin cabochons and repoussé decorated by flowering rose tendrils, the whole enclosing a bevelled mirrored plate
52cm x 117cm
- Mirrorplate in generally good condition
- The pewter surface is rubbed throughout
- There is a repaired section of pewter to the lower right corner of the mirrorplate, along with one or two other minor repaired patches
- The pewter surface is indented in places
- The turquoise inserts are in good order, though fit losely within the pewter
Under the Conditions of Sale applicable to the sale of the lot, buyers must satisfy themselves as to each and every aspect of the quality of the lot, including (without limitation) its authorship, attribution, condition, provenance, authenticity, age, suitability and origin. Lots are sold on an ''as is'' basis but the actual condition of the lot may not be as good as indicated by its outward appearance. In particular parts may have been replaced or renewed and lots may not be authentic or of satisfactory quality.
Any statement in relation to the lot is merely an expression of opinion of the seller or Lyon & Turnbull and should not be relied upon as an inducement to bid on the lot. Lots are available for inspection prior to the sale and you are strongly advised to examine any lot in which you are interested prior to the sale. Our condition report has not been prepared by a professional conservator, restorer or engineer.