Invaluable cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
Lot 106: Kenneth Hayes Miller American, 1876-1952 Woman Sleeping, 1926
November 1, 2016
New York, NY, USALive Auction
Kenneth Hayes Miller
Woman Sleeping, 1926
Signed Hayes Miller and dated 26 (lr)
Oil on canvas
34 x 45 inches
Zabriskie Gallery, New York
Pittsburgh, PA, Carnegie Institute, Twenty-Fifth Annual International Exhibition of Paintings, Oct.-Dec. 1926, no. 79;
New London, CT, Lyman Allyn Museum, 1932
C A New England Collection
Conservation Treatment for Painting by Kenneth Hayes Miller - repair of small tear
1. Remove grime layer from surface of painting
2. Consolidate flaking paint from edge of tear with BEVA 371
3. Re-weave tear, adhere threads with BEVA D-8. Apply small patch of Polyester Reemay attached with BEVA 371 to reinforce repair.
4. Fill missing paint with Modostuc filler.
5. Apply thin varnish with BEVA varnish (Regalrez resin with U.V. stabilizer and microcrystalline wax as matting agent).
6. Retouch as necessary with resin coors (Maimeri)
Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Doyle New York shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.