£1 - 50,000:
Credit Cards Cont'd: Please be aware that entering your credit card details on registration is for security purposes only. You may be contacted again by us if you are the winning bidder.
Contract: Your bid constitutes your acceptance of Lyon & Turnbull's conditions of sales. Your bid is a binding and legally enforceable contract.
Payment: (1) Within 7 days of a lot being sold you will:
(a) Pay to us the total amount due in cash or by such other method as is agreed by us. We accept cash, bank transfer (details on request), debit cards and Visa or MasterCard credit cards. We do not accept American Express.
(b) Please note there is a surcharge of 2% when using credit cards.
(c) Please note that under cash payments are limited to £5,000.
(2) Any payments by you to us may be applied by us towards any sums owing by you to us howsoever incurred and without agreement by you or your agent, whether express or implied.
Shipping: Please note that we do not pack or ship items. The following suggested carriers will be able to arrange packing and shipping but please contact them directly to receive a quote for costs. You may wish to contact an alternative courier.
ANTIQUES, PAINTINGS & WORKS OF ART
Telephone: 0131 556 6226
44/46 Morningside Road
Edinburgh, EH10 4BF
FURNITURE, PAINTINGS & WORKS OF ART
Aardvark Art Services Ltd
01253 794 673
PAINTINGS & WORKS OF ART
Gallery Support Group
Unit 4, 89 Manor Farm Road
London HA0 1BA
Tel:+ 44 (0) 20 305 307 53
FURNITURE & WORKS OF ART
Constantine Moving Services
01236 430 681
North Caldeen Road
Coatbridge, ML5 4EF
FURNITURE & WORKS OF ART
A Van Man Transport
01202 600 012
Unit 5, Benridge Park
Holyrood Close, Creekmoor
Poole, Dorset, BH17 7BD
Buyer's Premium: For each lot purchased a Buyer's Premium of 25% is payable on the first £100,000 of the hammer price, 20% thereafter. VAT at the appropriate rate is charged on the Buyer's Premium. No VAT is payable on the hammer price or premium for printed books or unframed maps bought at auction.
Live online bidding is subject to an additional 3% premium (charged by the live bidding service provider Invaluable). This additional premium is subject to VAT at the appropriate rate as above.
Tax: Value Added Tax is charged at the appropriate rate prevailing by law at the date of sale and is payable by Buyers of relevant lots.
(1) Lots affixed with (†): Value Added Tax on the hammer price is imposed by law on all items affixed with a dagger (†). This imposition of VAT maybe because the Seller is registered for VAT within the European Union and is not operating under a Margin Scheme.
(2) Lots affixed with (*): A reduced rate of Value Added Tax on the hammer price of 5% is payable. This indicates that a lot has been imported from outwith the European Union. This reduced rate is applicable to Antique items.
(3) Lots affixed with [?]: Standard rate of Value Added Tax on the hammer price and premium is payable. This applies to items that have been imported from outwith the European Union and do not fall within the reduced rate category outlined above.
Descriptions & Condition: (1) whilst we seek to describe lots accurately, it may be impractical for us to carry out exhaustive due diligence on each lot. Prospective Buyers are given ample opportunities to view and inspect before any sale and they (and any independent experts on their behalf) must satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of any description applied to a lot. Prospective Buyers also bid on the understanding that, inevitably, representations or statements by us as to authorship, genuineness, origin, date, age, provenance, condition or estimated selling price involve matters of opinion. We undertake that any such opinion shall be honestly and reasonably held and only accept liability for opinions given negligently or fraudulently. Subject to the foregoing neither we the auctioneer or our employees or agents accept liability for the correctness of such opinions and no warranties, whether relating to description, condition or quality of lots, express, implied or statutory, are given.
View full terms and conditions
(2) Condition reports: Condition reports are provided on our website or upon request. The absence of a report does not imply that a lot is without imperfections. Large numbers of such requests are received shortly before each sale and department specialists and administration will endeavor to respond to all requests although we offer no guarantee. Any statement in relation to the lot is merely an expression of opinion of the Seller or Lyon & Turnbull and should not be relied upon as an inducement to bid on the lot. Lots are available for inspection prior to the sale and you are strongly advised to examine any lot in which you are interested prior to the sale. Our condition reports are not prepared by professional conservators, restorers or engineers.
(3) Estimates: Estimates are placed on each lot to help Buyers gauge the sums involved for the purchase of a particular lot. Estimates do not include the Buyer's Premium or VAT. Estimates are a matter of opinion and prepared in advance. Estimates may be subject to change are for guidance only and should not be relied upon.
(4) Catalogue Alterations: Lot descriptions and estimates are prepared in advance of the sale and may be subject to change. Any alterations will be announced on the catalogue alteration sheet, made available prior to the sale.
(5) Electrical Goods: are sold as "works of art" only and if bought for use must be checked over for compliance with safety regulations by a qualified electrician first. Use of such goods is entirely at the risk of the Buyer and no warranties as to safety of the goods are given.
(6) Upholstered items: are sold as "works of art" only and if bought for use must be checked over for compliance with safety regulations (items manufactured prior to 1950 are exempt from any regulations). Use of such goods is entirely at the risk of the Buyer and no warranties as to safety of the goods are given.
(7) Special terms may be used in catalogue descriptions of particular classes of items (Books, Jewellery, Paintings, Guns, Firearms etc.) in which case the descriptions must be interpreted in accordance with any glossary appearing in the catalogue. These notices and terms will also form part of our terms and conditions of sales.
12. BOOKS, CLOCKS & WATCHES
(1) Books-Collation: If on collation any NAMED item in the sale catalogue proves defective, in text or illustration the Buyer may reject the lot provided he returns it within 21 days of the sale stating the defect in writing. This, however, shall not apply in the case of unnamed items, periodicals, autographed letters, music M.M.S., maps, drawings NOR in respect of damage to bindings, stains, foxing, marginal worm holes or other defects not affecting the completeness of the text NOR in respect of Defects mentioned in the catalogue, or at the time of sale, NOR in respect of lots sold for less than £300.
(2) Clocks & Watches: All lots are sold "as seen", and the absence of any reference to the condition of a clock or watch does not imply that the lot is in good condition and without defects, repairs or restorations. Most clocks and watches have been repaired in the course of their normal lifetime and may now incorporate parts not original to them. Furthermore, Lyon & Turnbull makes no representation or warranty that any clock or watch is in working order. As clocks and watches often contain fine and complex mechanisms, bidders should be aware that a general service, change of battery or further repair work, for which the Buyer is solely responsible, may be necessary. Bidders should also be aware that Lyon & Turnbull cannot guarantee a watch will remain waterproof if the back is removed. Bidders should be aware that the importation of watches such as Rolex, Frank Muller and Corum into the United States is highly restricted. These watches may not be shipped to the USA and can only be imported personally.