Lot 48: OUCH! DENTIST PULLED TOOTH. Tintype with color

Be-Hold

November 25, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Yonkers, NY, US
1 saved

More About this Item


Description: OUCH! DENTIST PULLED TOOTH. ¼ plate tintype in half case. The bearded dentist holds the tooth in the extracting tool. His other hand holds the head of the patient, as he did during the operation. She holds her face with her mouth open, as red blood drips down her chin. Whether this is a document of an actual extraction, or an imaginative recreation, it is a rare, terrific "occupational" tintype.
Condition Report: [3-]
Request more information

Payment

Accepted forms of payment: American Express, MasterCard, Money Order / Cashiers Check, Paypal, Personal Check, Visa, Wire Transfer
Shipping: Be-hold will select a shipping method unless you have a special request. For important, large and heavy items it is worthwhile to have the material well packed and shipped by a secure means. Foreign bidders must expect to pay applicable duty.
Buyer's Premium
18.0%
From: To: Increment:
$0 $99 $10
$100 $499 $20
$500 $999 $50
$1,000 $9,999 $100
$10,000+ $500
Contract: Your bid is a contract to purchase the item at the level of the winning bid if your bid is the winning one. Your bid will be raised above the starting bid only as necessary to top any previous high bid that has been placed on a lot. You will also be responsible for the Buyer's premium of 15% plus 3% for Arftfact for total of 18%, and shipping and handling charges.
Condition: The condition should be clear from the scans and descriptions. As a further aid, items are given a number grade in brackets at the end of each description.
[4] is reserved for photographs in rich clean undamaged condition.
[3] is material that is slightly less rich, with possibly some minor fading or soil as can be seen.
[2] is material with more handling, wear, fading -- but no damage.
[1] material in poor condition but offered because of importance.

Damage to the print is a different issue and is indicated by the prefix [D] in front of the condition code, such as [D3]. This nature of the damage will be indicated. This does not include damage to the mount, not the print.
Please contact us for further information. Contact us for arrangements to view the material.
Payment: Please wait for Invoice, including clarification of shipping details, before sending payment. Payment must be made within 5 days of receipt of Invoice. Our preferred method of payment is by check or M.O. in U.S. Dollars from a U.S. Bank. If you wish to pay by credit card or PayPal, you must contact us first. Number may be given by phone or sent in successive E-mails if you wish, for greater security. BIDDERS FROM OUTSIDE N. AMERICA MUST PAY BY WIRE TRANSFER. BANK INFORMATION WILL BE PROVIDED.
Shipping: Be-hold will select a shipping method unless you have a special request. For important, large and heavy items it is worthwhile to have the material well packed and shipped by a secure means. Foreign bidders must expect to pay applicable duty.
Buyer's premium: A buyer's premium of 18% of the winning bid on each item will be charged. For winning on-line bidders Artfact will take 3% of this.
NY State taxes: Material sent to addresses in NY State or picked up in New York State will be charged NY State Sales tax unless a NY State Resale or Exempt form is on file.
View full terms and conditions