23. All sales are strictly for cash in United States dollars (including U.S. currency, bank wire,
cashier checks, travelers checks, eChecks, and bank money orders, all subject to reporting
requirements). All are subject to clearing and funds being received In Auctioneer's account
before delivery of the purchases. Auctioneer reserves the right to determine if a check
constitutes "good funds" when drawn on a U.S. bank for ten days, and thirty days when drawn
on an international bank. Credit Card (Visa or Master Card only) and PayPal payments may
be accepted up to $10,000 from non-dealers at the sole discretion of the Auctioneer, subject to
the following limitations: a) sales are only to the cardholder, b) purchases are shipped to the
cardholder's registered and verified address, c) Auctioneer may pre-approve the cardholder's
credit line, d) a credit card transaction may not be used in conjunction with any other financing
or extended terms offered by the Auctioneer, and must transact immediately upon invoice
presentation, e) rights of return are governed by these Terms and Conditions, which supersede
those conditions promulgated by the card issuer, f) floor Bidders must present their card.
24. Payment is due upon closing of the Auction session, or upon presentment of an invoice.
Auctioneer reserves the right to void an invoice if payment in full is not received within 7
days after the close of the Auction. In cases of nonpayment, Auctioneer's election to void a sale
does not relieve the Bidder from their obligation to pay Auctioneer its fees (seller's and buyer's
premium) on the lot and any other damages pertaining to the lot.
25. Lots delivered to you, or your representative in the States of Texas, California, New York, or
other states where the Auction may be held, are subject to all applicable state and local taxes,
unless appropriate permits are on file with Auctioneer. Bidder agrees to pay Auctioneer the
actual amount of tax due in the event that sales tax is not properly collected due to: 1) an
expired, inaccurate, inappropriate tax certificate or declaration, 2) an incorrect interpretation
of the applicable statute, 3) or any other reason. The appropriate form or certificate must be
on file at and verified by Auctioneer five days prior to Auction or tax must be paid; only if such
form or certificate is received by Auctioneer within 4 days after the Auction can a refund of tax
paid be made. Lots from different Auctions may not be aggregated for sales tax purposes.
26. In the event that a Bidder's payment is dishonored upon presentment(s), Bidder shall pay the
maximum statutory processing fee set by applicable state law. If you attempt to pay via eCheck
and your financial institution denies this transfer from your bank account, or the payment
cannot be completed using the selected funding source, you agree to complete payment using
your credit card on file.
27. If any Auction invoice submitted by Auctioneer is not paid in full when due, the unpaid balance
will bear interest at the highest rate permitted by law from the date of invoice until paid. Any
invoice not paid when due will bear a three percent (3%) late fee on the invoice amount or
three percent (3%) of any installment that is past due. If the Auctioneer refers any invoice
to an attorney for collection, the buyer agrees to pay attorney's fees, court costs, and other
collection costs incurred by Auctioneer. If Auctioneer assigns collection to its in-house legal
staff, such attorney's time expended on the matter shall be compensated at a rate comparable
to the hourly rate of independent attorneys.
28. In the event a successful Bidder fails to pay any amounts due, Auctioneer reserves the right to sell
the lot(s) securing the invoice to any underbidders in the Auction that the lot(s) appeared, or at
subsequent private or public sale, or relist the lot(s) in a future auction conducted by Auctioneer.
A defaulting Bidder agrees to pay for the reasonable costs of resale (including a 10% seller's
commission, if consigned to an auction conducted by Auctioneer). The defaulting Bidder is liable
to pay any difference between his total original invoice for the lot(s), plus any applicable interest,
and the net proceeds for the lot(s) if sold at private sale or the subsequent hammer price of the
lot(s) less the 10% seller's commissions, if sold at an Auctioneer's auction.
29. Auctioneer reserves the right to require payment in full in good funds before delivery of the
30. Auctioneer shall have a lien against the merchandise purchased by the buyer to secure payment
of the Auction invoice. Auctioneer is further granted a lien and the right to retain possession of
any other property of the buyer then held by the Auctioneer or its affiliates to secure payment
of any Auction invoice or any other amounts due the Auctioneer or affiliates from the buyer.
With respect to these lien rights, Auctioneer shall have all the rights of a secured creditor
under Article 9 of the Texas Uniform Commercial Code, including but not limited to the right
of sale. In addition, with respect to payment of the Auction invoice(s), the buyer waives any
and all rights of offset he might otherwise have against the Auctioneer and the consignor of
the merchandise included on the invoice. If a Bidder owes Auctioneer or its affiliates on any
account, Auctioneer and its affiliates shall have the right to offset such unpaid account by any
credit balance due Bidder, and it may secure by possessory lien any unpaid amount by any of
the Bidder's property in their possession.
31. Title shall not pass to the successful Bidder until all invoices are paid in full. It is the
responsibility of the buyer to provide adequate insurance coverage for the items once they
have been delivered to a common carrier or third-party shipper.
Deliver; Shipping; and Handling Charges: Delivery; Shipping; and Handling Charges:
32. Buyer is liable for shipping and handling. Please refer to Auctioneer's website www.HA.com/
common/shipping.php for the latest charges or call Auctioneer. Auctioneer is unable to
combine purchases from other auctions or affiliates into one package for shipping purposes.
Lots won will be shipped in a commercially reasonable time after payment in good funds for
the merchandise and the shipping fees is received or credit extended, except when third-party
33. Successful international Bidders shall provide written shipping instructions, including
specified customs declarations, to the Auctioneer for any lots to be delivered outside of the
United States. NOTE: Declaration value shall be the item'(s) hammer price together with its
buyer's premium and Auctioneer shall use the correct harmonized code for the lot. Domestic
Buyers on lots designated for third-party shipment must designate the common carrier, accept
risk of loss, and prepay shipping costs.
34. All shipping charges will be borne by the successful Bidder. Any risk of loss during shipment
will be borne by the buyer following Auctioneer's delivery to the designated common carrier
or third-party shipper, regardless of domestic or foreign shipment.
35. Due to the nature of some items sold, it shall be the responsibility for the successful bidder to
arrange pick-up and shipping through third-parties; as to such items Auctioneer shall have
no liability. Failure to pick-up or arrange shipping in a timely fashion (within ten days) shall
subject Lots to storage and moving charges, including a $100 administration fee plus $10 daily
storage for larger items and $5.00 daily for smaller items (storage fee per item) after 35 days. In
the event the Lot is not removed within ninety days, the Lot may be offered for sale to recover
any past due storage or moving fees, including a 10% Seller's Commission.
36. The laws of various countries regulate the import or export of certain plant and animal
properties, including (but not limited to) items made of (or including) ivory, whalebone,
turtleshell, coral, crocodile, or other wildlife. Transport of such lots may require special
licenses for export, import, or both. Bidder is responsible for: 1) obtaining all information
on such restricted items for both export and import; 2) obtaining all such licenses and/or
permits. Delay or failure to obtain any such license or permit does not relieve the buyer of
timely compliance with standard payment terms. For further information, please contact Ron
Brackemyre at 800-872-6467 ext. 1312.
37. Any request for shipping verification for undelivered packages must be made within 30 days
of shipment by Auctioneer.
Buyer's Premium: Buyer's Premium:
View full terms and conditions
2. On bids placed through Auctioneer, a Buyer's Premium of fifteen percent (15%) will be added to the successful hammer price bid on lots in Coin, Currency, and Philatelic auctions or nineteen and one-half percent (19.5%) on lots in all other auctions. There is a minimum Buyer's Premium of $14.00 per lot. In Gallery Auctions (sealed bid auctions of mostly bulk numismatic material), the Buyer's Premium is 19.5%.