Auction House will help arrange shipment, at buyer's expenseRequest more information
Shipping Terms: Auction House will help arrange shipment, at buyer's expense
1. Inter-Art Budapest Auctions, 1052 Budapest, Váci utca 23., Hungary (in the following: the auctioneer) organizes and holds auctions for property (in the following: lots) on the behalf of the rightful owner (in the following: consigner).
2. The buyer may also ask for a lot condition report for each item via e-mail, from the contact person responsible of each auction. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot described in the catalogue from the auction.
3. The bidder who offers the highest price will receive the right to purchase the lot and by this a sales contract materialises. The lots may not be purchased below their starting price, unless the auctioneer determines otherwise.
4. The first purchase offer is the starting price, after this each bid increment is added to the previous purchase offer.
5. In the case when the person of the buyer cannot be determined the lot may be auctioned again (in the following: reoffered) instantaneously.
6. The buyer may only acquire the right of ownership of the lot if he/she paid the entire purchase price and received the lot.
7. The purchase price is the sum of the hammer price, the buyer's
premium, the "author fee" and the "cultural contribution". Therefore, the
hammer price plus 18%. For international buyers, if you wish to export the
purchased lot out of Hungary, please expect a 50 euro fee for an export
license. An export license must be acquired for anything that is more than
50 years old and its value exceeds 100 000 HUF. Further information
regarding export licenses may be acquired from the auctioneer.
8. The buyer may only receive the lot if the full purchase price is paid within five days of the sale. The amount of the deposit is included in the purchase price if it is paid until the deadline.
9. In case the buyer does not pay the full purchase price within 5 days after the sale, the auctioneer has the right to void the buyers offer and waive from the contract.
10. After the purchase price is paid in full, the buyer must organize for its shipping at his/her own risk and expenses. In case the buyer neglects the removal of the item within 3 days, the auctioneer cannot be held liable for any damages or loss. Furthermore, the auctioneer will charge a monthly fee of 5% of the purchase price after the 14th day of negligence. If the buyer does not remove the lot within 3 months after the auction then the auctioneer has the right to sell it at his own will after the buyer was notified in writing. The amount received from the sale of the neglected lot will be used to cover the expenses of the auctioneer and the remaining sum will be held as a deposit for the buyer.
11. The auctioneer will send any written correspondence to the address provided by the buyer. If the address is incorrect or change of address is not reported and the notices are returned then the auctioneer will assume that the written notice was received and the buyer will be responsible for the consequences.
12. The purchase price is determined by the buyer in a public setting, the auctioneer is not responsible for this price and therefore, the auctioneer cannot be forced to auction the lot in a later auction for the same price.
13. Each lot offered is without any warranty and is sold as is, including all faults and losses as they are on the day of the sale.
14. Csók István Antiques and Auction House guarantees the authenticity of all lots described in the catalogue.
15. After the lot was sold (hammered down) the buyer may not place a complaint unless the lot is a fake and the catalogue describes it as authentic. In case there is a reasonable doubt regarding the authenticity or origin of the lot, the buyer may place a complaint in writing within 1 years after the sale. The auctioneer will take upon itself to refund the buyer the full purchase price (hammer price plus commission), if a lot is proved to not to be authentic by an independent judicial specialist within 1 years of the conclusion of the sales contract.
16. Any other matters not mentioned in the above are subject to the Hungarian Public Law and may be settled by the Hungarian Judicial System.
17. Please note, that if you win lot IVORY, it takes about 3 weeks until we get the Cites paper and we can export the item.