WELCOME TO INVALUABLE
Be the first to know about
the latest online auctions.
Please enter a valid email address (name@host.com)
Sign Up »
PS: We value your privacy
Thank you!
 
 
Want to learn more
about online auctions?
Take a Quick Tour »
 
Invaluable cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
Show translation options
Auction Description for Auctionata Paddle8 AG: 753: Antiques & Collectibles: Precious Objects with History
Viewing Notes:
A preview at Auctionata only possible by prior appointment. Contact: Tel: +49 30 9832 0222, E-mail: preview@auctionata.com
Sale Notes:
Decorate your home with a true piece of history and be inspired by our delicate range of exceptional antiques and collector’s pieces. Why not in future sit enthroned on an elegantly curved fauteuil from Napoleonic times, dine at an Italian Renaissance table or stow your treasures in an oak chest from the early 18th century? Allow us to whisk you away on this exciting journey through past epochs.

753: Antiques & Collectibles: Precious Objects with History (145 Lots)

by Auctionata Paddle8 AG


145 lots with images

January 23, 2017

Live Auction

Berlin, Germany

Sort by:  
Lots with images first
Per page:  
A Pair of Gilt Neo-Rococo Pomp Candelabra, 19th C.

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Bronze, partly fire-gilt and patinated in goldpresumably France, 2nd half of the 19th centuryA pair of neo-rococo candelabra; screwed feet and spoutsRemovable drip platesHeight: 55 cm eachGood, restored condition Constricted and turned shaft adorned with leaves as well as vegetal and ornamental embellishments, mounted on a curved acanthus leaves base with rocaille feet. Above raises the central branch-like candle holder with a spout in form of leaves. Beneath, there are six arms in form of acanthus leaves, which bear spouts as mentioned above. Condition: The candelabra are overall in good condition, showing signs of corrosion and use. Two spouts have been replaced later. There are several restored broken points. The gilding is rubbed off in part or was lost and has been restored. The height is 55 cm each. (cko) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Large Gothic Revival Bronze Candlestick, pres. England, 19th C.

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Bronze, patinated; copper, brass-plated; ironPresumably England, 2nd half 19th centuryHistoricismHexagonal baseRich decor with tiers of gothic church architecture ornaments6 scrolled feet Height: 120.5 cm This Gothic Revival openwork bronze candlestick features a rich decor with tiers of gothic church architecture ornaments. The bas shows two figurines of saints. The hexagonal base rests on six scrolled brass-plated copper feet. The candlestick shows traces of age and wear. One saint is missing on the lower tier. The upper part is partially bent. The inner iron plate shows some rust. Obviously the scrolled feet are later additions. The candlestick measures 120.5 cm in height. (vsc) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
A Pair of Candelabras with young Satyrs, Paris, 19th C

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Bronze, gold-plated as well as partially with dark patinaPresumable Paris, France, c. 1860A pair of matching Napoleon III candelabrasTripod stand with three rolled feet and garland décorAbove that sculpted in the round each one satyr boy making music sitting on tendrilsRising upwards the branched top part with 4 curved tendril arms featuring candle holders and nozzlesHeight: each c. 63 cmVery good conditionA splendid pair of candelabras in evraordinary quality with glittering ormolu bronze in good patina Offered ormolu bronze candelabras captivate by their imposing appearance and elaborate craftsmanship. The candlesticks each feature a satyr-box making music, sitting on a crown of acanthus leaves. Lush décor in the style of the Second Empire round off the striking overall impression.Condition:Both candelabras are in very good condition with barely any signs of age and wear. The reverse with  holes possibly for elektrification. Partially manufacturing related fire cracks. The heights measure each c. 63 cm. (nlu) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Michel Victor Acier, 'The Young Fiancée', Meissen, Late 18th C.

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, polychrome and gold paintedMeissen, late18th centuryPorcelain Manufactory Meissen, established in 1710Model: Michel Victor Acier (1736-1799), 1775Incised marks, model number: E 70Height: 25 cmGood conditionObject is regular taxed. 19% VAT is added to the purchase price for deliveries within the EU. The figural group is standing on an oval meadow socle decorated with a relief bordure. Two young women are whispering while standing in front of a vase monument with Armor's quiver and bow on it. In front of the scene there are two billing pigeons as well as an opened love letter from the groom. Condition: Some leaves on the socle, one hand and a wing of one pigeon are restored. Some blossoms have minor chipps. Socle with repaired firing crack underneath. The height of the figure group is 25 cm. Porcelain Manufactory Meissen Porcelain has been known in Europe since the 13th century, but always had to be imported from China. Thus it was mostly of lower quality – the Chinese rarely gave their best ware to the foreigners – and extremely expensive. As demand for porcelain became greater, European alchemists tried to discover the formula to create hard-paste porcelain. The production of the first European hard-paste porcelain was the result of a collaboration between the alchemist Johann Friedrich Böttger and the scientist Ehrenfried Walther Graf von Tschirnhaus at the court of Augustus the Strong, Elector of Saxony, in Dresden. As a matter of fact, it was finally achieved for the first time in Europe in 1708 to produce a white hard paste porcelain and in 1710 Augustus established Europe’s first hard-paste porcelain factory in the Albrechtsburg, a palace in Meissen. The so-called ‘Böttgerporzellan’ actually had more of a stoneware quality and it was not until the year 1713 that white porcelain was available for purchase. Initially unmarked, the motif of the ‘crossed swords’ was developed in the early 1720s and used from 1723 onwards. Since then, beautifully modelled and painted figures and table services were produced at Meissen, establishing its reputation as the pre-eminent porcelain factory in Europe. Outstanding potters, modelers and painters, e.g. Johann Joachim Kändler (1706-1775), Johann Gottlieb Klinger (1701-1781) and Count Camillo Marcolini (1739-1814), were employed at the factory, which dominated the 18th century style of porcelain, and Meissen wares and figurines were imitated by craftsmen at other porcelain factories throughout Europe. Meissen celebrated its 300 years of existence in 2008. Until today, Meissen porcelain is known for highest quality and originality and greatly appreciated. (kre) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Allegory of the Night, Johannes Schilling, Meissen, after 1870

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, polychrome on-glaze painting, gildedMeissen, after 1870Porcelain Manufactory Meissen, est. in 1710Model: Johannes Schilling (1828-1910) - German sculptor, representative of the neo-classical styleUnglazed stand with sword mark and model No. ‘H 191’; Base signed partially indistinctly on the reverse ‘Johannes Schilling’Dimensions: 36 x 27 x 23 cmGood conditionFinely executed, allegorical figure group in neo-classical styleObject is regular taxed. 19% VAT is added to the purchase price for deliveries within the EU. The allegory of the night originated in the four-part daytime cycle, and was designed by Schilling in 1860 in the course of a competition for redesigning the Brühl Terrace in Dresden. In the center of the depiction, Luna, the enthroned goddess of the Moon. Her head adorned with the crescent moon is draped by a grey veil. She is accompanied by Morpheus and Hypnos. Condition: The figure is in good condition. The crescent moon shows a blemish. The lower edge of the base is occasionally bumped. A fine horizontal hairline can be found on the rear of the seat. The dimensions of 36 x 27 x 23 cm. Johannes Schilling (1828-1910) Born in Mittweida in 1828, Johannes Schilling studied from 1842 to 1852 at the Academies in Dresden and Belin. In 1868, he was appointed professor at the Dresden Academy and taught there until 1910. His style is characterized by the strict lines of neo-classicism. Porcelain Manufactory Meissen Porcelain has been known in Europe since the 13th century, but always had to be imported from China. Thus it was mostly of lower quality – the Chinese rarely gave their best ware to the foreigners – and extremely expensive. As demand for porcelain became greater, European alchemists tried to discover the formula to create hard-paste porcelain. The production of the first European hard-paste porcelain was the result of a collaboration between the alchemist Johann Friedrich Böttger and the scientist Ehrenfried Walther Graf von Tschirnhaus at the court of Augustus the Strong, Elector of Saxony, in Dresden. As a matter of fact, it was finally achieved for the first time in Europe in 1708 to produce a white hard paste porcelain and in 1710 Augustus established Europe’s first hard-paste porcelain factory in the Albrechtsburg, a palace in Meissen. The so-called ‘Böttgerporzellan’ actually had more of a stoneware quality and it was not until the year 1713 that white porcelain was available for purchase. Initially unmarked, the motif of the ‘crossed swords’ was developed in the early 1720s and used from 1723 onwards. Since then, beautifully modelled and painted figures and table services were produced at Meissen, establishing its reputation as the pre-eminent porcelain factory in Europe. Outstanding potters, modelers and painters, e.g. Johann Joachim Kändler (1706-1775), Johann Gottlieb Klinger (1701-1781) and Count Camillo Marcolini (1739-1814), were employed at the factory, which dominated the 18th century style of porcelain, and Meissen wares and figurines were imitated by craftsmen at other porcelain factories throughout Europe. Meissen celebrated its 300 years of existence in 2008. Until today, Meissen porcelain is known for highest quality and originality and greatly appreciated. (bde) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Meissen, Figural Group 'Allegory - The Face', Late 19th C.

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, polychrome and gold paintedMeissen, late 19th CenturyPorcelain Manufactory Meissen, established in 1710Underglaze blue crossed swords mark, embossed mark, incised mark, painter numberModel: Johann Carl Schönheit (1730-1805), 1772Model Number: E 3From a series "Five Senses"Height: 14 cmObject is regular taxed. 19% VAT is added to the purchase price for deliveries within the EU. The allegoric group depicts a courtly dressed lady sitting beside a small table with cosmetics and other accessoires on it. She is inspecting herself in a mirror. Condition: The figural group is in a restored condition. Consistent with age some parts of the dress, the hat an the edge of the socle are chipped. The height is 14 cm. Porcelain Manufactory MeissenPorcelain has been known in Europe since the 13th century, but always had to be imported from China. Thus it was mostly of lower quality – the Chinese rarely gave their best ware to the foreigners – and extremely expensive. As demand for porcelain became greater, European alchemists tried to discover the formula to create hard-paste porcelain. The production of the first European hard-paste porcelain was the result of a collaboration between the alchemist Johann Friedrich Böttger and the scientist Ehrenfried Walther Graf von Tschirnhaus at the court of Augustus the Strong, Elector of Saxony, in Dresden. As a matter of fact, it was finally achieved for the first time in Europe in 1708 to produce a white hard paste porcelain and in 1710 Augustus established Europe’s first hard-paste porcelain factory in the Albrechtsburg, a palace in Meissen. The so-called ‘Böttgerporzellan’ actually had more of a stoneware quality and it was not until the year 1713 that white porcelain was available for purchase. Initially unmarked, the motif of the ‘crossed swords’ was developed in the early 1720s and used from 1723 onwards. Since then, beautifully modelled and painted figures and table services were produced at Meissen, establishing its reputation as the pre-eminent porcelain factory in Europe. Outstanding potters, modelers and painters, e.g. Johann Joachim Kändler (1706-1775), Johann Gottlieb Klinger (1701-1781) and Count Camillo Marcolini (1739-1814), were employed at the factory, which dominated the 18th century style of porcelain, and Meissen wares and figurines were imitated by craftsmen at other porcelain factories throughout Europe. Meissen celebrated its 300 years of existence in 2008. Until today, Meissen porcelain is known for highest quality and originality and greatly appreciated. (ker) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Silver & Gold Belt Buckle with Garnets & Turquoise, 5th/6th C.

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Gold, silver, garnets and turquoiseOstrogothic, 5th/6th Century Silver belt buckle adorned with a rectangular turquoise within a gold setting, surrounded by twelve garnetsLength: 6.8 cmWeight: circa 54 gramsGood conditionProvenance: Old Private Czech collection Valuable antique piece of jewelry in good conditionObject is regular taxed. 19% VAT is added to the purchase price for deliveries within the EU. The present silver and gold belt buckle delights with its rich decor. The lower part is adorned with a high rectangular turquoise within a gold mounting, surrounded by twelve differently shaped garnets, which are bordered by a fine golden bead molding. The belt buckle is in a good condition with traces of oxidation and use. It is 6.8 cm in length and circa 54 grams in weight. (cko) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Fragment of a Baroque Alabaster Relief, Mecheln, 17th C. 

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Alabaster, carved in half-relief, with remnants of a former paintingMecheln, Belgium, 17th centuryFragment of a relief with the depiction of the last supper Framed in a rectangular gilded wooden frame and mounted on an oak plateDimensions relief: c. 12 x 14 x 1.5 cmDimensions frame: c. 17 x 19.5 x 2 cmDuring the 16th and 17th century, alabaster reliefs were produced in large quantities as devotional images and have been popular export products in the southern Netherlands  Condition:The relief is in age-related condition. Some parts are broken and missing and the plate is broken through. The former painting is almost vanished. The frame is damaged.Alabaster craft MechelnThe alabaster industry in Mecheln was established by a small group of carvers who came partly from abroad. Working for the court of Margaret of Austria in the early 16th century, they adopted the Italian Renaissance style, which was imported and unknown to date. The small and parcel-gilt works usually depict mythological and biblical subjects and were manufactured until the 1st half of the 17th century. (kre) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
A Display Case with Plaster Casts of 9 Grand Tour Cameos, 19thC

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Plaster, parcel-gilt, faceted mirror glass, wood, ebonized, glass9 plaster intaglios with male and female portraits and full-length portraitsIncluded are the head of the Medusa in two versions, Venus bathing and the Three GracesEach mounted on mirror glass discsEnclosed within contemporary, glazed wooden display case on turned baluster-footDimensions: 48.5 x 24 x 14.5 cmPopular Grand Tour keepsakes; presumably some portraits of the travelers themselves might be included in the collection, since they often had commissioned these as souvenirs  Condition:Altogether very good condition. The case’s wood is partially minimally rubbed. The mirror disks in places with small chips. Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Meissen, Petit Déjeuner with Watteau Painting, 18th C.

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, painted polychrome and goldPorcelain Factory Meissen, mid 18th centuryUnderglaze blue sword marks and partially impressed marksPetit déjeuner comprising 1 coffee pot, 1 tea pot, 2 cups and 2 matching saucersDecorated with delicately painted genre scenes and scattered flowersHeight of the coffee pot: 22.9 cmProvenance: private property Wiesbaden The four-piece service is suitable for 2 people and comprises of the following items:1 coffee pot; height: 22.9 cm1 tea pot; height: 10.5 cm2 cups with 2 matching saucersCondition:The set is altogether in good condition, consistent with age, and bearing signs of wear. In places manufacturing-related flaws like smaller fire cracks. Several restorations and small chips as well as color abrasion. Porcelain Manufactory MeissenPorcelain has been known in Europe since the 13th century, but always had to be imported from China. Thus it was mostly of lower quality – the Chinese rarely gave their best ware to the foreigners – and extremely expensive. As demand for porcelain became greater, European alchemists tried to discover the formula to create hard-paste porcelain. The production of the first European hard-paste porcelain was the result of a collaboration between the alchemist Johann Friedrich Böttger and the scientist Ehrenfried Walther Graf von Tschirnhaus at the court of Augustus the Strong, Elector of Saxony, in Dresden. As a matter of fact, it was finally achieved for the first time in Europe in 1708 to produce a white hard paste porcelain and in 1710 Augustus established Europe’s first hard-paste porcelain factory in the Albrechtsburg, a palace in Meissen. The so-called ‘Böttgerporzellan’ actually had more of a stoneware quality and it was not until the year 1713 that white porcelain was available for purchase. Initially unmarked, the motif of the ‘crossed swords’ was developed in the early 1720s and used from 1723 onwards. Since then, beautifully modelled and painted figures and table services were produced at Meissen, establishing its reputation as the pre-eminent porcelain factory in Europe. Outstanding potters, modelers and painters, e.g. Johann Joachim Kändler (1706-1775), Johann Gottlieb Klinger (1701-1781) and Count Camillo Marcolini (1739-1814), were employed at the factory, which dominated the 18th century style of porcelain, and Meissen wares and figurines were imitated by craftsmen at other porcelain factories throughout Europe. Meissen celebrated its 300 years of existence in 2008. Until today, Meissen porcelain is known for highest quality and originality and greatly appreciated. (nlu) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
KPM, A Classicist Coffee Set for 8 People, 1800-1813

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, brown-red, apricot-colored and gold paintingBerlin, 1800-1813Royal Porcelain Factory Berlin (KPM), established in 1763Model: c. 1800Each piece with underglaze blue scepter mark with an underscore (1800-1813)Form: coffee pot, number 1186 ‘konisch’ [conical); cups and saucers: model no. 1308 ‘Campaner’ shapeEncircling, symmetrically arranged bell branch ornament in gold; broad gold and narrow pastel apricot-colored rim, brown-red fond with recessed arch cartouches, including ornaments painted in goldCoffee set, consisting of 1 coffee pot and 8 cups with saucersHeight of the pot, including lid: 20 cm; cups: 7 cm; diameter of the saucers: 14 cmGood conditionProvenance: Private collection, Germany Literature: Cf. Köhlmann/Jarchow Berliner Porzellan, vol 2, p. 525, figure No. 434, d. Condition: The service is in good condition, according to age, showing minor abrasion of the gold painting. Two saucers are minimally chipped. One of the cups shows small touch-ups in the painting. The height of the pot, including the lid, is about 20 cm, the cups are 7 cm high, and the diameter of the saucers is 14 cm. Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur Berlin The first porcelain manufactory at Berlin was founded on the suggestion of Frederick the Great by Wilhelm Caspar Wegely and J. Benckgraff in 1752, yet already 5 years later production was stopped because the king was not satisfied with the porcelain. With the invasion of Meissen by the Prussian army, many modelers and porcelain painters came to Berlin, where in 1761 the merchant Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky founded a new factory. This was finally bought in 1763 by Frederick the Great, who named it ‘Royal Porcelain Factory’ and introduced the cobalt blue scepter mark. During this time, the factory began producing exquisite tableware in a late Rococo style, which was painted with flowers, birds and scenes after Watteau Boucher and Dutch masters in vivid colors. Famous porcelain painters of the manufactory were K. W. Böhme, B. Böhme and K. J. C. Klipfel; master modelers were Friedrich Elias Meyer and his brother Wilhelm Christian. Typical Berlin porcelain patterns on tableware were moldings, scale-ground borders, landscapes, birds and animals, molded basketwork patterns and pierced rims. After Theodor Schmuz-Baudiß took over as artistic director in 1798, the tableware was decorated in underglaze painting with landscapes and cityscapes in delicate colors. In 1871 the factory was moved to its present location at the Tiergarten near the Spree, so that the raw materials and finished products were finally able to be transported by ship. In 1886 the painting of porcelain tiles was added as a new line of production under the direction of Professor Alexander Kips. After the destruction of the factory during WWII, KPM was taken over in 1988 by the state of Berlin and since 2006 has been in the possession of Berlin based private banker Jörg Woltmann. (cko) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
KPM Berlin, Tea Service for 8 People ‘Neuosier’, around 1900

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, painted polychrome and goldRoyal Porcelain Manufactory Berlin (KPM), established in 1763Model: Friedrich Elias Meyer, d. Ä. (c. 1723-1785), 1776Underglaze blue scepter mark, painters’ signets, gilders’ signets and impressed marks as well as predominately onglaze red imperial orb marks22-piece tea service (some parts are later additions) for 8 peopleShape: NeuosierModel number: 374Large bouquets of flowers on the obverse as well as scattered flowers, Osier-reliefs with lush gold borders, gilded rimsDimensions: see belowProvenance: private property Upper Bavaria, Germany The 22-piece service comprises following pieces: 1 tea pot, height: 13.5 cm 1 coffee pot, height: 21.5 cm 1 milk pot, height: 17.5 cm 1 lidded creamer, height: 12 cm 1 lidded sugar bowl, height: 10.5 cm; Ø: 9 cm 8 cups with 8 matching saucers, lengths: 10 cm Ø: 13.5 cm 8 plates, Ø: 18 cm 1 butter dish Ø: 19 cm The rococo-service ‘Neuosier’ from 1776 was inspired by ‘Ozier’, which was designed by master modeler Friedrich Elias Meyer in 1765. The name derives from the French osier, wicker: the relief on the lips is modeled after wicker. Condition: The service is in good condition bearing usual signs of age and wear as well as minor manufacturing related flaws. The handle of the tea pot has been repaired. Occasionally tiny chips. In places the paint is rubbed, especially the gilding along the rims. Four plates, two cups and three saucers are not marked with the red imperial orb, hence those have not been painted in the manufactory. Friedrich Elias Meyer, the Elder (circa 1723-1785) Born as the son of the sculptor Matthias Meyer in Erfurt, Friedrich Elias first trained with the court sculptor Michael Grünbeck in Gotha. In 1741, he began working as a court sculptor for Henry I of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen. After that he went to the Court Wettin in Weimar. Two study trips financed by Ernst August I. took him to Berlin and Dresden. In 1746/47, he was involved in the furnishings of the new Dresden's Baroque castle. In 1748, Meyer went to the porcelain factory in Meissen, being in charge of the design and model development. In 1761, he changed to the KPM in Berlin; there he worked as a model master along with his brother Wilhelm Christian. Among other models, Meyer designed the forms ‘Reliefzierat’, ‘Neuzierat’, ‘Antikzierat’ and ‘Neuosier’ for the dinner and dessert services commissioned by Frederick I. In 1782, he was appointed professor to the Preussische Akademie der Künste und mechanischen Wissenschaften. (nlu) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
KPM, Large Tureen from the Service for F. Ehrenreich v. Ramin

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, polychrome paintedBerlin, circa 1768Royal Porcelain Factory Berlin (KPM), established in 1763Underglaze blue scepter mark on the bottom inside, impressed number Bulging form with branch handles and sculptural flowers on both sides Curved cover with knob from sculptural roses Body is depicting 'Reliefzierrat mit Spalier' as well as polychrome painted domestic birds, insects and a dark blue feathered rim Total height with cover: c. 23 cm; Diameter: c. 34 cmFrom the former table service owned by Friedrich Ehrenreich von Ramin Provenance:From a table service of the former Berlin Governor Friedrich Ehrenreich von Ramin, donated by Frederick the Great. The tureen is also mentioned in Frederick's 'Schatullrechnungen', delivery on 21.12.1768 announced as 'Tafel-Service vom radirten Dessein' with the painting 'natürliche Vögel und blau angespitzter Rand'. Other pieces from this service are located in the regional museum Demmin e. V.. Literature:Cf. Dag Nabrdalik, Keramos 221, 2013, p. 123-129, pict. 10-20.Condition:Tureen with some old repaired parts as well as some minor chipped leaves, nevertheless in visually appealing condition. The height with cover measures c. 23 cm, the diameter is c. 34 cm. Royal Porcelain Factory (KPM)The first porcelain manufactory at Berlin was founded on the suggestion of Frederick the Great by Wilhelm Caspar Wegely and J. Benckgraff in 1752, yet already 5 years later production was stopped because the king was not satisfied with the porcelain. With the invasion of Meissen by the Prussian army, many modelers and porcelain painters came to Berlin, where in 1761 the merchant Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky founded a new factory. This was finally bought in 1763 by Frederick the Great, who named it ‘Royal Porcelain Factory’ and introduced the cobalt blue scepter mark. During this time, the factory began producing exquisite tableware in a late Rococo style, which was painted with flowers, birds and scenes after Watteau Boucher and Dutch masters in vivid colors. Famous porcelain painters of the manufactory were K. W. Böhme, B. Böhme and K. J. C. Klipfel; master modelers were Friedrich Elias Meyer and his brother Wilhelm Christian. Typical Berlin porcelain patterns on tableware were moldings, scale-ground borders, landscapes, birds and animals, molded basketwork patterns and pierced rims. After Theodor Schmuz-Baudiß took over as artistic director in 1798, the tableware was decorated in underglaze painting with landscapes and cityscapes in delicate colors. In 1871 the factory was moved to its present location at the Tiergarten near the Spree, so that the raw materials and finished products were finally able to be transported by ship. In 1886 the painting of porcelain tiles was added as a new line of production under the direction of Professor Alexander Kips. After the destruction of the factory during WWII, KPM was taken over in 1988 by the state of Berlin and since 2006 has been in the possession of Berlin based private banker Jörg Woltmann. (kre) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
KPM Berlin, Potpourri Vase with Cover and Eagle Knob, 1785-90 

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, gold partially etched, lilac and en grisaille paintedGermany, 1785-90Royal Porcelain Factory (KPM), founded in Berlin in 1763 Underglaze blue scepter mark Ovoid body with fluted wall and golden bordures in reliefKnob in shape of a sculptural worked golden eagle with wreth and palm branchBoth sides with golden wreth from laurel in relief, inside portraits of Alexander the Great and Olympias in camaieu style on a lilac ground Total height with cover: c. 41, 5 cm  Good conditionCharacteristic KPM vase from the period of classicism Literature: Erich Köllmann and Margarete Jarchow, Berliner Porzellan, Munich 1987, vol. II, p. 570, 576, ill. 524, 534 Condition: The vase is in good condition consitent with age. The golden painting partial with age-related abrasion. Knob with a minor partly restored. The total height measures c. 41,5 cm. Royal Porcelain Factory (KPM) The first porcelain manufactory at Berlin was founded on the suggestion of Frederick the Great by Wilhelm Caspar Wegely and J. Benckgraff in 1752, yet already 5 years later production was stopped because the king was not satisfied with the porcelain. With the invasion of Meissen by the Prussian army, many modelers and porcelain painters came to Berlin, where in 1761 the merchant Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky founded a new factory. This was finally bought in 1763 by Frederick the Great, who named it ‘Royal Porcelain Factory’ and introduced the cobalt blue scepter mark. During this time, the factory began producing exquisite tableware in a late Rococo style, which was painted with flowers, birds and scenes after Watteau Boucher and Dutch masters in vivid colors. Famous porcelain painters of the manufactory were K. W. Böhme, B. Böhme and K. J. C. Klipfel; master modelers were Friedrich Elias Meyer and his brother Wilhelm Christian. Typical Berlin porcelain patterns on tableware were moldings, scale-ground borders, landscapes, birds and animals, molded basketwork patterns and pierced rims. After Theodor Schmuz-Baudiß took over as artistic director in 1798, the tableware was decorated in underglaze painting with landscapes and cityscapes in delicate colors. In 1871 the factory was moved to its present location at the Tiergarten near the Spree, so that the raw materials and finished products were finally able to be transported by ship. In 1886 the painting of porcelain tiles was added as a new line of production under the direction of Professor Alexander Kips. After the destruction of the factory during WWII, KPM was taken over in 1988 by the state of Berlin and since 2006 has been in the possession of Berlin based private banker Jörg Woltmann. (kre) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Round Heat Cloche Service Frederick William II, KPM, 1795

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, polychrome paintedBerlin, 1795Royal Porcelain Manufactory (KPM), established in Berlin in 1763Underglaze blue scpeter markForm: AntiqueglattHigh-quality poylchrome flower paintings, puprle rim Height: 20.6 cm; diameter: 36 cmVery good condition From the service of Frederick William II, so-called 'Cloche' from the dinner and dessert service for the winter chambers of Charlottenburg PalaceLiterature: cf. Köllmann, Erich and Jarchow, Margarete, Berliner Porzellan, Munich 1987, p. 456, fig. 302 Condition: The round heat bell is in very good condition. The purple rim is minimally worn. A fissure in the knob due to manufacturing process. Minimal traces of use at the base ring. The bell is 20.6 cm in height and 36 cm in diameter. Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur Berlin The first porcelain manufactory at Berlin was founded on the suggestion of Frederick the Great by Wilhelm Caspar Wegely and J. Benckgraff in 1752, yet already 5 years later production was stopped because the king was not satisfied with the porcelain. With the invasion of Meissen by the Prussian army, many modelers and porcelain painters came to Berlin, where in 1761 the merchant Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky founded a new factory. This was finally bought in 1763 by Frederick the Great, who named it ‘Royal Porcelain Factory’ and introduced the cobalt blue scepter mark. During this time, the factory began producing exquisite tableware in a late Rococo style, which was painted with flowers, birds and scenes after Watteau Boucher and Dutch masters in vivid colors. Famous porcelain painters of the manufactory were K. W. Böhme, B. Böhme and K. J. C. Klipfel; master modelers were Friedrich Elias Meyer and his brother Wilhelm Christian. Typical Berlin porcelain patterns on tableware were moldings, scale-ground borders, landscapes, birds and animals, molded basketwork patterns and pierced rims. After Theodor Schmuz-Baudiß took over as artistic director in 1798, the tableware was decorated in underglaze painting with landscapes and cityscapes in delicate colors. In 1871 the factory was moved to its present location at the Tiergarten near the Spree, so that the raw materials and finished products were finally able to be transported by ship. In 1886 the painting of porcelain tiles was added as a new line of production under the direction of Professor Alexander Kips. After the destruction of the factory during WWII, KPM was taken over in 1988 by the state of Berlin and since 2006 has been in the possession of Berlin based private banker Jörg Woltmann. (tm) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
KPM, Small Tea Pot With Purple Landscapes, circa 1765

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, polychrome and gold paintedBerlin, circa 1765Royal Porcelain Manufactory (KPM), established in Berlin in 1763Underglaze blue scepter mark inside the pot, pressed marks on unglazed bottom'Reliefzierrat' with cartouchesBall-shaped with branch handle, flush cover with bud knob Body and cover monochrom purple painted with Dutch landscapes, figures, sailboats and windmill Height: c. 9 cmGood condition Condition:The tea pot is in good condition, consitent with age. Spout with cut and professionally restored, gold rims with abrasion. Bottom inside with short firing crack. The height measures c. 9 cm. Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur BerlinThe first porcelain manufactory at Berlin was founded on the suggestion of Frederick the Great by Wilhelm Caspar Wegely and J. Benckgraff in 1752, yet already 5 years later production was stopped because the king was not satisfied with the porcelain. With the invasion of Meissen by the Prussian army, many modelers and porcelain painters came to Berlin, where in 1761 the merchant Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky founded a new factory. This was finally bought in 1763 by Frederick the Great, who named it ‘Royal Porcelain Factory’ and introduced the cobalt blue scepter mark. During this time, the factory began producing exquisite tableware in a late Rococo style, which was painted with flowers, birds and scenes after Watteau Boucher and Dutch masters in vivid colors. Famous porcelain painters of the manufactory were K. W. Böhme, B. Böhme and K. J. C. Klipfel; master modelers were Friedrich Elias Meyer and his brother Wilhelm Christian. Typical Berlin porcelain patterns on tableware were moldings, scale-ground borders, landscapes, birds and animals, molded basketwork patterns and pierced rims. After Theodor Schmuz-Baudiß took over as artistic director in 1798, the tableware was decorated in underglaze painting with landscapes and cityscapes in delicate colors. In 1871 the factory was moved to its present location at the Tiergarten near the Spree, so that the raw materials and finished products were finally able to be transported by ship. In 1886 the painting of porcelain tiles was added as a new line of production under the direction of Professor Alexander Kips. After the destruction of the factory during WWII, KPM was taken over in 1988 by the state of Berlin and since 2006 has been in the possession of Berlin based private banker Jörg Woltmann. (kre) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
KPM, Basket from a service of Landgrafen v. Hessen-Kassel

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, polychrome and gold painted Berlin, 1775Royal Porcelain Manufactory (KPM), established in Berlin in 1763Underglaze blue sceptre markFrom a service for the landgraves 'von Hessen-Kassel'Form: 674 'Königsglatt'Rod-shaped body with branch handles and gold rimWall with fine painted scattered and bouquet of flowers as well as butterflyLength: c. 26 cmVery good condition Condition: The basket is in a ver good age-related condition, merely the golden painting with partial abrasion. The length measures c. 26 cm. Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur Berlin The first porcelain manufactory at Berlin was founded on the suggestion of Frederick the Great by Wilhelm Caspar Wegely and J. Benckgraff in 1752, yet already 5 years later production was stopped because the king was not satisfied with the porcelain. With the invasion of Meissen by the Prussian army, many modelers and porcelain painters came to Berlin, where in 1761 the merchant Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky founded a new factory. This was finally bought in 1763 by Frederick the Great, who named it ‘Royal Porcelain Factory’ and introduced the cobalt blue scepter mark. During this time, the factory began producing exquisite tableware in a late Rococo style, which was painted with flowers, birds and scenes after Watteau Boucher and Dutch masters in vivid colors. Famous porcelain painters of the manufactory were K. W. Böhme, B. Böhme and K. J. C. Klipfel; master modelers were Friedrich Elias Meyer and his brother Wilhelm Christian. Typical Berlin porcelain patterns on tableware were moldings, scale-ground borders, landscapes, birds and animals, molded basketwork patterns and pierced rims. After Theodor Schmuz-Baudiß took over as artistic director in 1798, the tableware was decorated in underglaze painting with landscapes and cityscapes in delicate colors. In 1871 the factory was moved to its present location at the Tiergarten near the Spree, so that the raw materials and finished products were finally able to be transported by ship. In 1886 the painting of porcelain tiles was added as a new line of production under the direction of Professor Alexander Kips. After the destruction of the factory during WWII, KPM was taken over in 1988 by the state of Berlin and since 2006 has been in the possession of Berlin based private banker Jörg Woltmann. (kre) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
KPM, Bowl from the Service of the Berlin Castle, circa 1773

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain with white glaze, polychrome painted decoration and gold accentsBerlin, ca. 1773Royal Porcelain Manufactory (KPM), founded in 1763 in BerlinModel: Friedrich Elias Meyer, the Elder (circa 1723-1785) - German sculptor and porcelain designer of the Rococo, worked for Meissen and KPMUnderglaze blue scepter mark on the undersideForm: ‘Reliefzierrat mit Spalier’Curved shape with trellis relief; the contours of the form are accented with a curved rim and a delicate, golden foliage bordure; to the center of the mirror a beautiful colored flower arrangement, flanked by small bouquets and insects on the flag in reliefDiameter: 35 cmGood conditionProvenance: Private collection, GermanyA rare serving bowl from the service of the Berlin castle by Frederick II Condition:The bowl is in good condition, according to age, showing minor abrasion of the golden paint. No evidence of restoration under UV light. A small piece of the foot has broken off. The diameter is 35 cm.Friedrich Elias Meyer, the Elder (circa 1723-1785)Born as the son of the sculptor Matthias Meyer in Erfurt, Friedrich Elias first trained with the court sculptor Michael Grünbeck in Gotha. In 1741, he began working as a court sculptor for Henry I of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen. After that he went to the Court Wettin in Weimar. Two study trips financed by Ernst August I. took him to Berlin and Dresden. In 1746/47, he was involved in the furnishings of the new Dresden's Baroque castle. In 1748, Meyer went to the porcelain factory in Meissen, being in charge of the design and model development. In 1761, he changed to the KPM in Berlin; there he worked as a model master along with his brother Wilhelm Christian. Among other models, Meyer designed the forms ‘Reliefzierat’, ‘Neuzierat’, ‘Antikzierat’ and ‘Neurosier’ for the dinner and dessert services commissioned by Frederick I. In 1782, he was appointed professor to the Preussische Akademie der Künste und mechanischen Wissenschaften.Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur BerlinThe first porcelain manufactory at Berlin was founded on the suggestion of Frederick the Great by Wilhelm Caspar Wegely and J. Benckgraff in 1752, yet already 5 years later production was stopped because the king was not satisfied with the porcelain. With the invasion of Meissen by the Prussian army, many modelers and porcelain painters came to Berlin, where in 1761 the merchant Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky founded a new factory. This was finally bought in 1763 by Frederick the Great, who named it ‘Royal Porcelain Factory’ and introduced the cobalt blue scepter mark. During this time, the factory began producing exquisite tableware in a late Rococo style, which was painted with flowers, birds and scenes after Watteau Boucher and Dutch masters in vivid colors. Famous porcelain painters of the manufactory were K. W. Böhme, B. Böhme and K. J. C. Klipfel; master modelers were Friedrich Elias Meyer and his brother Wilhelm Christian. Typical Berlin porcelain patterns on tableware were moldings, scale-ground borders, landscapes, birds and animals, molded basketwork patterns and pierced rims. After Theodor Schmuz-Baudiß took over as artistic director in 1798, the tableware was decorated in underglaze painting with landscapes and cityscapes in delicate colors. In 1871 the factory was moved to its present location at the Tiergarten near the Spree, so that the raw materials and finished products were finally able to be transported by ship. In 1886 the painting of porcelain tiles was added as a new line of production under the direction of Professor Alexander Kips. After the destruction of the factory during WWII, KPM was taken over in 1988 by the state of Berlin and since 2006 has been in the possession of Berlin based private banker Jörg Woltmann. (cko) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
KPM, Pair of Dessert Plates, Hessen-Kassel Service, c. 1775/80

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, polychrome and gold paintingBerlin, c. 1775/80Royal Porcelain Factory Berlin (KPM), established in 1763Underglaze blue scepter mark, as well as impressed mark each Model number 674, ‘Königsglatt’Relief rim hightened with gold, contrasted with applied flowers, the walls and wells with floral décor Diameter: 24 cmVery good conditionA pair of dessert plates from the services of landgraves of Hessen-Kassel Condition: The plates are in very good condition. The inner stand rings each of with a chip. Scattered minimal manufacturing flaws. The diameters are 24 cm. Royal Porcelain Factory (KPM) The first porcelain manufactory at Berlin was founded on the suggestion of Frederick the Great by Wilhelm Caspar Wegely and J. Benckgraff in 1752, yet already 5 years later production was stopped because the king was not satisfied with the porcelain. With the invasion of Meissen by the Prussian army, many modelers and porcelain painters came to Berlin, where in 1761 the merchant Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky founded a new factory. This was finally bought in 1763 by Frederick the Great, who named it ‘Royal Porcelain Factory’ and introduced the cobalt blue scepter mark. During this time, the factory began producing exquisite tableware in a late Rococo style, which was painted with flowers, birds and scenes after Watteau Boucher and Dutch masters in vivid colors. Famous porcelain painters of the manufactory were K. W. Böhme, B. Böhme and K. J. C. Klipfel; master modelers were Friedrich Elias Meyer and his brother Wilhelm Christian. Typical Berlin porcelain patterns on tableware were moldings, scale-ground borders, landscapes, birds and animals, molded basketwork patterns and pierced rims. After Theodor Schmuz-Baudiß took over as artistic director in 1798, the tableware was decorated in underglaze painting with landscapes and cityscapes in delicate colors. In 1871 the factory was moved to its present location at the Tiergarten near the Spree, so that the raw materials and finished products were finally able to be transported by ship. In 1886 the painting of porcelain tiles was added as a new line of production under the direction of Professor Alexander Kips. After the destruction of the factory during WWII, KPM was taken over in 1988 by the state of Berlin and since 2006 has been in the possession of Berlin based private banker Jörg Woltmann. Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
KPM, Pair of Dessert Plates ‘Königsglatt’, c. 1775/80

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, polychrome and gold paintingBerlin, c. 1775/80Royal Porcelain Factory Berlin (KPM), established in 1763Underglaze blue scepter marks as well as impressed marks Model number 674, ‘Königsglatt’Open-work rims with applied flowers and a rocaille-relief, the walls and wells with floral décor Diameter: 24 cmVery good condition Condition:The plates are in a very good condition. The ground of the wells with minimal signs of wear. Scattered minor manufacturing flaws. The diameters are 24 cm.Royal Porcelain Factory (KPM) The first porcelain manufactory at Berlin was founded on the suggestion of Frederick the Great by Wilhelm Caspar Wegely and J. Benckgraff in 1752, yet already 5 years later production was stopped because the king was not satisfied with the porcelain. With the invasion of Meissen by the Prussian army, many modelers and porcelain painters came to Berlin, where in 1761 the merchant Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky founded a new factory. This was finally bought in 1763 by Frederick the Great, who named it ‘Royal Porcelain Factory’ and introduced the cobalt blue scepter mark. During this time, the factory began producing exquisite tableware in a late Rococo style, which was painted with flowers, birds and scenes after Watteau Boucher and Dutch masters in vivid colors. Famous porcelain painters of the manufactory were K. W. Böhme, B. Böhme and K. J. C. Klipfel; master modelers were Friedrich Elias Meyer and his brother Wilhelm Christian. Typical Berlin porcelain patterns on tableware were moldings, scale-ground borders, landscapes, birds and animals, molded basketwork patterns and pierced rims. After Theodor Schmuz-Baudiß took over as artistic director in 1798, the tableware was decorated in underglaze painting with landscapes and cityscapes in delicate colors. In 1871 the factory was moved to its present location at the Tiergarten near the Spree, so that the raw materials and finished products were finally able to be transported by ship. In 1886 the painting of porcelain tiles was added as a new line of production under the direction of Professor Alexander Kips. After the destruction of the factory during WWII, KPM was taken over in 1988 by the state of Berlin and since 2006 has been in the possession of Berlin based private banker Jörg Woltmann.  Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
KPM, Group of Figures ‘Luna & Endymion’, Germany, c. 1800

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, painted polychrome and goldBerlin, Germany, c. 1800Royal Porcelain Manufactory (KPM), established in Berlin in 1763Model: Johann Georg Müller (18th century), c. 1783Underglaze blue scepter mark, inscribed ‘Luna u. Endymion’Model number: 711Height: 21.5 cmVery good conditionDelicately modeled mythological representation of the sleeping Endymion, who was given eternal beauty and youth by his lover, moon goddess Luna (Selene Diana)Object is regular taxed. 19% VAT is added to the purchase price for deliveries within the EU. Condition:The group is in very good condition with minor signs of age and wear. In places small chips. The height measures 21.5 cm.Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur BerlinThe first porcelain manufactory at Berlin was founded on the suggestion of Frederick the Great by Wilhelm Caspar Wegely and J. Benckgraff in 1752, yet already 5 years later production was stopped because the king was not satisfied with the porcelain. With the invasion of Meissen by the Prussian army, many modelers and porcelain painters came to Berlin, where in 1761 the merchant Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky founded a new factory. This was finally bought in 1763 by Frederick the Great, who named it ‘Royal Porcelain Factory’ and introduced the cobalt blue scepter mark. During this time, the factory began producing exquisite tableware in a late Rococo style, which was painted with flowers, birds and scenes after Watteau Boucher and Dutch masters in vivid colors. Famous porcelain painters of the manufactory were K. W. Böhme, B. Böhme and K. J. C. Klipfel; master modelers were Friedrich Elias Meyer and his brother Wilhelm Christian. Typical Berlin porcelain patterns on tableware were moldings, scale-ground borders, landscapes, birds and animals, molded basketwork patterns and pierced rims. After Theodor Schmuz-Baudiß took over as artistic director in 1798, the tableware was decorated in underglaze painting with landscapes and cityscapes in delicate colors. In 1871 the factory was moved to its present location at the Tiergarten near the Spree, so that the raw materials and finished products were finally able to be transported by ship. In 1886 the painting of porcelain tiles was added as a new line of production under the direction of Professor Alexander Kips. After the destruction of the factory during WWII, KPM was taken over in 1988 by the state of Berlin and since 2006 has been in the possession of Berlin based private banker Jörg Woltmann. Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
KPM, Lamp Foot of an Amphora Vase, Porcelain, Berlin, 1844-47

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Porcelain, gold and black painted, metal, wood, black painted, textileRoyal Porcelain Manufactory (KPM), established in Berlin in 1763Underglazed imperial eagle mark, and inscribedAmphora vase with stand foot and two straight handles, which was converted into a one-lighted lamp footThe bulbholder is mounted on a wooden piece on the vase mouthBlack painted with gold-colored accents on the foot, shaft and handlesHeight (incl. bulbholder): 50 cm Condition:The lamp foot is in good condition. The gold décor is partial rubbed. Restorations on the stand foot as well as in the area of the handles and the mouth can be found. The stand foot with a restoration. One bulb is enclosed. The lamp is electrified and fully functional with a loose contact in the cable; no guarantee on permanent functionality.Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur BerlinThe first porcelain manufactory at Berlin was founded on the suggestion of Frederick the Great by Wilhelm Caspar Wegely and J. Benckgraff in 1752, yet already 5 years later production was stopped because the king was not satisfied with the porcelain. With the invasion of Meissen by the Prussian army, many modelers and porcelain painters came to Berlin, where in 1761 the merchant Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky founded a new factory. This was finally bought in 1763 by Frederick the Great, who named it ‘Royal Porcelain Factory’ and introduced the cobalt blue scepter mark. During this time, the factory began producing exquisite tableware in a late Rococo style, which was painted with flowers, birds and scenes after Watteau Boucher and Dutch masters in vivid colors. Famous porcelain painters of the manufactory were K. W. Böhme, B. Böhme and K. J. C. Klipfel; master modelers were Friedrich Elias Meyer and his brother Wilhelm Christian. Typical Berlin porcelain patterns on tableware were moldings, scale-ground borders, landscapes, birds and animals, molded basketwork patterns and pierced rims. After Theodor Schmuz-Baudiß took over as artistic director in 1798, the tableware was decorated in underglaze painting with landscapes and cityscapes in delicate colors. In 1871 the factory was moved to its present location at the Tiergarten near the Spree, so that the raw materials and finished products were finally able to be transported by ship. In 1886 the painting of porcelain tiles was added as a new line of production under the direction of Professor Alexander Kips. After the destruction of the factory during WWII, KPM was taken over in 1988 by the state of Berlin and since 2006 has been in the possession of Berlin based private banker Jörg Woltmann. (ala) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
H. Bünting, Itinerarium Sacrae Scripturae, Helmstadt, 1582

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Heinrich Bünting (1545-1606) – Protestant theologian, geographer and chroniclerItinerarivm Sacrae Scriptvrae: Das ist, Ein Reisebuch, Vber die gantze heilige Schrifft, in zwey Bücher getheilet. Das erste Theil, Begreifft alle Reisen der lieben Patriarchen […] Das Ander gehet auff das Newe Testament und zeiget an […] Zuvorn gemehret mit einem Büchlein de Monetis & Mensuris […]Helmstadt, 1582The attachments were printed in 1589 in NurembergWith 8 hand-colored double-page woodcut mapsAs fist attachment Johannes Mathesius: Der erste Theil der Historia Unsers lieben Herren und Heylands Jesu Christi, Gottes und Marien Son […] sowie Der Ander Tail von von der Historien unsers Herrn Jesu Christi […]Further attachment Wendel Schemp: Historia und christliche Legenden von der heiligen zwölff Apostel […]I: 6 sheets, 316 numbered pages, register (9 sheets); II: frontispiece,2 sheets, 1236 numbered pages, register (6 sheets)De Monetis & Mensuris: frontispiece, 2 sheets, 36 numbered pages, 1 sheetAttachment I: frontispiece, 3 sheets, 195 numbered sheets; II: frontispiece, 1 sheet, 124 numbered sheetsHistoria und christliche Legenden: frontispirce, 4 sheets, 93 numbered sheetsLeather binding, spine with 7 raises bandsDimensions: 30.5 x 21.3 x 10 cmProvenance: private property Berlin Cf. for the issue 1584: IA 127.699. VD 16 ZV 2667. STC 164. Hasse, Magdeburg, 59. Tobler 209 und 234. Röhricht 774.Cf. for the maps: Shirley 142-143. Laor 141-144 (32).Condition:The book shows heavy signs of age and wear and is incomplete. Plates and text part are stained and discolored in places, partially with handling creases and smaller blemishes. Occasionally page and woodcuts have been mended, the first couple of pages are loose. Some sheets are wormy (inactive) in parts, scattered handwritten notes can be found. Some pages are missing or in fragments, e.g. the maps and frontispiece of part I Itinerarivm Sacrae Scriptvrae. Spine and binding are heavier damaged and bear blemishes. The size measures 30.5 x 21.3 x 10 cm. (nlu) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Joh. Heinrich Hottinger, Speculum Helvetico-Tigurinum, 1665

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Johann Heinrich Hottinger (1620-1667) - Swiss Orientalist and theologianSpeculum Helvetico-Tigurinum pentág?non, quo, breviter & succincte, de Helvetiorum, Tigurinorum cumprimis, agitur statuPublished by Tiguri, Zurich, 1665Title copper by Conrad Meyer, 8 sheets, 599 pages; 13 sheetsContemporary vellum bindingDimensions: 13.5 x 8.7 cmExtremely rare scripture to the history of ZurichObject is regular taxed. 19% VAT is added to the purchase price for deliveries within the EU. Condition: Binding and pages show age-related traces of wear. In the lower left corner of the pages show traces of inactive worm infestation (continuous up to page 202). Handwritten annotations can be found above the title vignette. But the book is still in visually appealing condition. The dimensions are 13.5 x 8.7 cm. (bde) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Hans Heinrich Bluntschli, Memorabilia Tigurina, Zurich, 1704

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Hans Heinrich Bluntschli (1656-1722) – Gunsmith and artillery captain in ZurichMemorabilia Tigurina. Das ist: Kurze, nach Alphabetischer Ordnung eingetheilte Erzellung der merckwürdigsten Sachen der Statt und Landschaft ZürichPrinted by Johann Rudolf Simmler, Zurich, 1704Title vignette, 3 pages, 408 pages, 17 views mounted on 17 platesOriginal leather binding, preserved behind a paper wrapperSize: 13.8 x 8.5 x 4.2 cmVery rare first edition with the early description of the history of ZurichObject is regular taxed. 19% VAT is added to the purchase price for deliveries within the EU. Condition: The pages show age-related traces of wear. The original leather binding is preserved behind the paper wrapping. The edges of scattered pages show small fissures or blemishes. The paper is toned. The binding is partially loosened in the middle of the book. However, the book in visually good overall condition. The dimensions are 13.8 x 8.5 x 4,2 cm. (bde) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Gaetano de Bottis, [...] Dell'incendio Del Vesuvio, 1768

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Gaetano de BottisRagionamento Istorico Dell'incendio Del Vesuvio accaduto nel mese di Ottobre del MDCCLXVIINeapel, 17681 sheet, 1 title page with copper engraving, LXXIV (74) pages, 2 folded copper engravings with prospects of the VesuvPlanely tackedOn the title page and scattered handwritten notes, exlibris among other stampedDimensions: 31.5 x 23 x 1 cm Condition:The booklet is in age-related condition. The cover is rubbed especially to the edges. Some sheets are wavy and show spots, the rims are slightly ripped and fringy. (kre) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Knorr, De natuurlijke Historie der Versteeningen, Vol 2/2, 1773

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Georg Wolfgang KnorrDe natuurlijke Historie der Versteeningen of uitvoerige Afbeelding en Beschrijving van de versteende Zaaken die tot heden op den aardbodem zijn ontdekt Amsterdam, Jan Christiaan Sepp, 1773, vol. 2, part 2Title page, 263 numbered text pages (p. 185-484), 48 full pafe and 2 double page old colored copper engravings with illustrations of fossilsQuarter leather band with marbled cardboards and gold embossed spine titleDimensions: 45 x 29 x 5.5 cm Condition:The band is in ag-related condition with obvious traces of usage especially to the edges, the spine title is just hardly legible. The pages and copper engravings are nearly all clean, partially slight weavy and altogether in good to very good condition. (kre)  Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
L'Abbé Courtalon, Atlas Empire D´Alemagne, Paris, 1774

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: L´Abbé CourtalonAtlas Elementaire De L´Empire D´AlemagneFirst edition, Paris, 1774Double title page with copper engraving, 1 sheet, 20 numbered text pages, numerous partially colored copper engraving pages comprising 14 double-page tables, 10 folded text plates, 11 double-page as well as 2 full page maps, some sheets are missingOriginal leather binding with six raised bands and gold embossed spine title, gilt edgesDimensions: 29.5 x 22.5 x 3 cmComprehensive French atlas of the German Empire from the period just before the French revolution  Condition:The atlas is in age-related condition with appropriate traces of age and wear. The leather binding is partially intensely rubbed, the pages are slightly discolored and partiall minimally stained however in good overal condition. Some pages with handwritten notes, some sheets are missing. (kre) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Andrews, The Botanists Repository [...], 2 Vols., 1797-1815

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Henry C. Andrews (active 1794-1830) - English botanist, botanical artist and engraverThe Botanists Repository Comprising Colourd Engravings of New and Rare Plants Only with Botanical Descriptions in Latin and English, after the Linaean SystemLondon, T. Benseley, 1797-1815, vol. VI and 11 bound in one volumeWith 177 old colored, full page, partially multi folded plant copper engravings with corresponding text pages as well as 2 engraved title pagesQuarter leather cover with six raused bands and gold embossed spine titleDimensions: 27 x 21 x 6 cmTwo volumes of the most important botanical journal with mangnificent old colored plant copper engravings; the work was issued in monthly deliveries Condition:The cover with abrasion and old restored leather rear. The plates with usual traces of age, however nearly all stain free and in good condition, mainly slight narrow cut. (kre) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Two Muses’ Almanacs and a Theater Calendar, 1777, 1796, 1916

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Germany, 1777-1916Theater calendar, Gotha 1777Schiller Musen Almanach of 1796Guide through the plays of 1916Some with notes and illustrationsTheater calendar in old German lettersDimensions: 12-17.5 x 8.5-12 cm (height x width) Good condition These two museum almanacs and the theater calendar were printed in Germany. The theater calendar in old German letters includes 266 pages and was printed in Gotha. The 1796 by Schiller published muses’ almanacs consists of 260 pages and comes from Neustrelitz. The Guide through the plays consists of 166 pages and ‘shows the works of world literature from Sophocles to the early modern age’. It was printed in 1916 by the Globus Verlag GmbH, Berlin. Moreover, the expenditure also have partly note sheets as well as various pictures and each is complete. The three items are in good condition with usual signs of age and wear. Slight foxing and minimal loss of material on the edges of the theater calendar can be seen. All books have a new binding.The height is 12 to 17.5 cm and the width 8.5 to 12 cm.(lvp) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Thomas Green, The Universal Herbal, 2 Vol., Liverpool, 1816-20

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Thomas Green - English botanist The Universal Herbal or Botanical, Medical and Agricultural DictionaryPublished by Henry Fisher at Caxton Press, Liverpool, 1816-1820 First edition in English language, two volumesVol. 1: 2 title pages with colored copper engravings, title page, 1 sheet, 790 numbered pages with numerous full page, colored copper engravings, thereon botanic motifsVol. 2: title page with colored copper engraving, 886 numbered pages including numerous full page, colored copper engravings, thereon botanic motifsEach with original leather binding with six raised bands and gold embossed spine titleDimensions: each c. 27.5 x 23 x 6 cmAn delightful collection of hand-colored botanic copper engravings of the early 19th century, each dated and signed  Condition:The books are in good to very good condition with appropriate traces of age and wear. The bindings show usual abrasion and the pages are slightly discolored and partially slightly stained. (kre)  Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
G. B. Salvatori, Notizen ueber den Vesuv [...], Naples, 1823

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Giovanni Battista Salvadori Notizen ueber den Vesuv und dessen Eruption v. 22 Oct. 1822Naples, 1823, bei der typographischen Gesellschaft, German translation by C. F. C. H. Title page, 77 numbered text pages, 3 full page lithographsMarbeled cardboard binding with handwritten cover titleDimensions: 22 x 17.5 x 1.2 cm Condition:The book is in good condition consistent with age. The pages are slightly disicolored as usual, only a few pages are minor stained. Cover with usual traces of usage to the edges. Title page with elder handwritten note. (kre) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
82 Copperplate Battle Plans, Colored, Bound in 2 Vol. c. 1840

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: 82 hand-colored copperplate engravings on wove paperGermany c 1840Extensive work of battles, encounters and skirmishes during the Coalition Wars as well as of the Battle of Ostro??ka bound in 2 volumesSchlachtpläne von 1792 bis 1809: endpaper, 2 sheets (one of which with handwritten table of content), 48 hand-colored maps of the battles, numbered from 1-48 (26a)Schlachtpläne von 1813 bis 1831: endpaper, 2 sheets (one of which with handwritten table of content), 34 hand-colored maps of the battles, numbered from 1-34Bound in 2 contemporary half leather bindings with gilt titlesDimensions: 24.3 x 31.7 cmGood condition, consistent with ageProvenance: private property Hessen, Germany Condition:Altogether good condition, consistent with age and bearing usual signs of wear. Particularly along the edges, the sheets are toned, soiled and bear foxing spots, the maps are barely affected. Occasionally handling creases and tiny marginal blemishes. The bindings are partially severely worn and rubbed. The sizes measure each 24.3 x 31.7 cm. Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Eduard Winkler, Handbook of Med-Pharm. Botany, Leipzig, 1842

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Eduard Winkler (1799-1862) - German botanistHandbuch der medicinisch-pharmaceutischen BotanikFirst edition, published by C. B. Polet, Leipzig, 1842Title page, 270 from original 300 full page coloured etchings of diverse medicinal plantsLater parchement binding with spine titleDimensions: 21.7 x 16 x 5 cmMagificient collection of almost all European medical plants as naturalistic and hand colored etchings with the Latin names  Condition:The handbook is altogether in good, age-related condition with usual traces of wear. The most illustrations are in very good condition, only a few sheets show minimal staining, partially traces of color on the opposing page. Not entire, only 270 from 300 original etchings. (kre)   Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Letter by Alexander von Humboldt, Signed, 1856

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859) – Prussian naturalistLetter by Humboldt, signedDated ‘17 Sept. 1856’Letter written on both sides of a paperDimensions of the letter: 22 x 14 cmFramed inside two panes, dimensions: 31 x 22 cm Unfortunately, the hand writing is hardly legible. Condition: The letter has been folded twice. The sheet is besides that normally browned, related to the age of the letter. The dimensions of the letter are 22 x 14 cm. The frame measures 31 x 22 cm. Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859) Friedrich Wilhelm Heinrich Alexander von Humboldt’s older brother was Wilhelm von Humboldt. Alexander von Humboldt’s influence as one of the originators of geography extended far beyond Europe. A naturalist and explorer of the classical period, he played a main figure in physical geography and biogeography– two scientific fields that are now part of earth sciences and ecology. As a scientist he his work resulted in profound findings during long journeys to Latin America, the US and Central Asia, which he recorded in a comprehensive complete works spanning more than seven decades. With his book ‘Kosmos’ he majorly contributed to the popularization of the sciences. The Humboldt Current at the West Coast of South America was named after him. (tm) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Thomas Cross, Autobiography of a Stage Coachman, London, 1904

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Thomas CrossThe Autobiography of a Stage CoachmanPublished by Kegan Paul, Trench, Trübner & CO. Ltd., London, 1904Limited edition no. 13 from 50 in two volumesVol. 1: 2 sheets, introducing full page illustrations, 2 title pages, 4 sheets, 253 numbered pages; vol. 2: 1 sheet, 2 introducing full page illustrations, title page, 3 sheets, 250 numbered pages, 1 sheet, altogether 45 full page etchings, partially coloredIllustrated by James Pollard, Robert Havell, C. Cooper Henderson, C. B. Newhouse, Thomas Rowlandson , H. Alken and others Each with original quarter parchment binding with pasteboards and gold embossed spine titlesDimensions: each 31 x 23 x 5 cm Condition: The bindings are in age-related condition with usual traces wear, especially to the edges. The sheets are mostly in good to very good condition with slightly waved margins. Minimal staining and some loose protection sheets can be found in places. Scattered handwritten notes. (kre)  Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Prayer Book of Elector Maximilian I., Facsimile, Coron, 1986

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Maximilian I. (1573-1651) – Elector of the Holy Roman EmpirePrayer Book of elector Maximilian I. of Bavaria, facsimile edition after the manuscript in possession of the Bavarian State Library Munich (Clm 23640)Coron Verlag, Lachen, 1986Coron Exclusive edition 111 of 980 copiesFacsimile volume in 6-color-offset print and hand-made gildingCommentary volume with articles by Rupert Hacker, Erwin Arnold and othersRed silk binding with gilt edges in silver boards, rear plate gilded and with relief embossing, boards with color enamel with tendrils, 2 gilt clasps;Commentary volume in original half parchment with title on spineIn blue cloth caseDimensions of facsimile: 14.6 x 9.5; commentary volume: 21 x 13.5 cm; box: 37 x 27 x 6.5 cmIn very good condition Condition: Blue cloth case with loose separators. Gilt edges of facsimile minimally scraped, corners minimally scuffed. Facsimile cover: Minimally rubbed around clasps. Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
A Baroque Cabinet with Secret Drawer, Southern Germany, 17th C

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Softwood, ebonized, brass, paperSouthern Germany, 17th century and later Small cabinet mounted on multiply molded rectangular base with four feet and dummy escutcheonTwo-door front surmounted by slender drawer, lateral handlesOn the inside structured in 9 drawers within architectural frame, the central drawer with secret compartmentSet back upper part with two further drawersDecked throughout with offset vedutas, the drawers on the inside lined with paperA key is includedProvenance: private property, BerlinDimensions: 59 x 47.7 x 28.5 cmGood condition, consistent with ageThe small objects of a cabinet of curiosities were stored in the so-called collection cabinets Condition:The cabinet is in good condition, consistent with age and bearing usual signs of wear. The paint has been renewed. The wood in places wormy (inactive) as well as with bumps as well as tension cracks. The surface occasionally with craquelure. Paper lining and vedutas are not original. Small elemets and the base a later addition, The size measures 59 x 47.7 x 28.5 cm. (nlu) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Louis XV Chest of Drawers with Marble Top, France, 18th C.

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Mahogany and root wood, veneered, brass, ‘Broccatello di Spagna’ marbleNaples, 2nd half of the 18th centuryLouis XVBombé shaped chest of drawers with 3 drawers4 slender, curved square legs above rectangular layoutBody circumferentially bossedCurved apronsFront with three drawers and sides contrasting with rectangular panelsMarble table top cut in correspondence with the body.Vivid veneer patternA key is availableOverall dimensions: 84 x 39 x 58 cmGood condition, consistent with ageThis item can only be delivered to an address within the EU. Condition: The chest of drawers is in good condition, consistent with age. In places the edges show blemishes to the veneer. The right side displays tension fractures. Partially traces of repaired worm infestation (inactive) can be seen. The overall dimensions measure 84 x 39 x 58 cm. (nlu) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
A Transition Style Commode, France, 1750/80

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Conifer wood, rosewood veneered, gilt brass, marble France, 1750/80Rectangular outline with rounded corners on bracket feetThree-drawer front, the apron with an accented middle section Removable projecting marble top 1 key is enclosedDimensions: 83 x 99 x 53 cm Condition:The commode is in good condition, consistent with age. Small veneer cracks, especially on the narrow sides as well as scattered slight veneer warping. The gilding of the flutes is rubbed in places. Fittings, handles and the marble top are supplemented. (bde) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Two Baroque Model Chests of Drawers, Germany, 18th C.

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Mahogany veneer on softwood, with various precious wood types and inlayed mother of pearl; brass fittingsPresumably Germany, 1st half of the 18th centuryTwo model chests with curved front, each with three drawers1 key for the small chest of drawers presentDimensions: 26 x 34 x 18 cm and 40 x 48 x 35 cmWith these miniature versions a cabinet maker gave the client an idea of the finaziation of a chest. Condition: The chests are in good, age-related condition. Small additions have been applied to the veneer of the cover panel’s small chest. The top drawer’s lock is damaged; there is a blemish on the veneer of the bottom drawer. The top drawer is still fitted with the original paper. The larger chest is closed and the key is missing. Otherwise in good condition and with several typical veneer cracks. (cko) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
A Baroque Commode with Hunting Motif Marquetry, Germany, 18th C

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Soft wood body, walnut and various fruit woods, veneered, brassRectangular body with three drawers on flattened ball feetMoved arbalète or crossbow shape front, the sides unbowedProjecting top cover with decorative marquetry hunting scene within a medallion featuring a hunter with his dog and a boarDecorative veneer pattern and parquetry as well as floral inlays throughoutDrawers each with one escutcheon as well as two handlesDimensions: 76 x 110 x 63 cmProvenance: private property Berlin, Germany Condition:The chest-of-drawers is in good condition, consistent with age and bearing usual signs of wear. In places corrections to the veneer as well as smaller bumps and warping. Occasionally tension cracks, two vertically in the area of the rear panel. The top cover with usual scratches. The feet are not original, bearing larger blemishes and traces of flash rust (inactive). (nlu) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
A Walnut Veneered Armoire, Germany, 2nd H of the 18th C.

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Walnut, walnut veneered, shellac-polished, brassGermany, 2nd half of the 18th centuryHigh base on flattened ball feet, front with two doors, top part with projecting, stepped corniceCorner areas and center accentuated, front and sides architecturally structured, the doors contrasted with a meander1 key is includedDimensions: 237 x 243 x 90 cm Condition:The cupboard is in good, restored condition. In places slight cracks to the veneer as well as tension cracks and minor surface abrasion. Slight bumps along edges and corners. One molding of the upper right base is not affixed but included. (bde) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Armoire à Trois Corps, Walnut, Rhineland, 18th C.

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Walnut, oak, brassRhineland, Germany, 2nd half 18th centuryWaved body, the base with four bombé drawersTwo-door cabinet with double doorMolded cornice crowned with central rocaille ornament Interior with two shelves above two drawersThree keysDimensions: 237 x 151 x 53 cmGood condition The armoire features a bombé shaped carcass resting on stylized claw feet over a waved rocaille ornamented apron. The base has a front with four drawers. The pilaster strips are decorated with rocaille elements and foliate reliefs. Above the middle section with three drawers rises a two-door cabinet whose door fronts are decorated with curved fielded panels. It is surmounted by a molded cornice with a central rocaille ornament. The interior holds two shelves above two drawers. Three keys are enclosed. Condition: The dresser is in good condition with wear consistent with age. There are some scratches and nicks. The dimensions are 237 x 151 x 53 cm. (tfa) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Biedermeier Cabinet in Secrétaire á Abattant Style, c. 1820

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Conifer wood, walnut veneeredGermany, c. 1820High base with one drawer on flattened ball feet and stud feet, flanked by two projecting pedestals with conically tapered columnsArchitecturally structured front with one door in the style of a Secrétaire á Abattant, on the inside two shelvesAbove a flat triangular pediment as well as a high hutch with convex accentuated center and curved corners2 keys are includedDimensions: 248 x 126 x 63 cm Condition:The cabinet is in good condition. In places slight signs of age and wear as well as occasionally small warping to the veneer. The back panel is partially repaired and shows scattered traces of worm infestation (inactive). (bde) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Biedermeier Bureau with Columns, Walnut, Germany, 1820s

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Walnut, veneered, partially ebonized, brassGermany, 1820sHigh rectangular body with protruding corner areas, accentuated by ebonized columnsSlightly receding center part with two drawersAbove that foldable writing surface, on the inside structured by 6 drawers and one wide central compartmentAbove a broad drawer with slightly protruding corniceShield-shaped brass fittings3 keys are includedDimensions: 157 x 117 x 65.5 cm Condition:The bureau is opically in a good condition yet partially in need of repair, particularly the top cover. Sides and upper part of the body with cracks to the veneer and smaller blemishes. Body with partial bumps. The overall dimensions measure 157 x 117 x 65.5 cm. Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
A Biedermeier-Secrétaire à Abattant, Germany, 1st H 19th C

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Softwood body, walnut, veneered and partially ebonized, maple inlays, bone, brass, metalGermany, 1st half of the 19th centuryHigh-rectangular structure upon four flattened ball feetLower part with 3 drawers, above that hinged writing desk and sloping-front upper part with further drawerOn the inside division in five small drawers surmounted by large compartment with columns and segmented-arch finish5 keys are includedProvenance: private property, Upper FranconiaDimension: 151 x 99.5 x 48 cmWidth including folded out writing surface: 99.5 cmGood condition, consistent with ageClassic Biedermeier secrétaire with exceptionally beautiful veneer texture Condition:The furniture is in good condition, consistent with age and bearing usual signs of wear. Flaws to the veneer throughout like bumps along the edges, tension cracks, surface abrasion and warping, the latter particularly in the area of the top cover. The size measures 151 x 99.5 x 48 cm, the width including the folded out writing surface measures 99.5 cm. (nlu) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Empire Commode, France, c. 1820

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Cherry wood, brassFrance, around 1820Rectangular body with three drawers on four pilaster respectively column legsConical feet with brass mountingsDrawers each with one lock and two handlesTop plate with rounded, accentuated cornersDimensions: 88 x 129 x 59 cm Condition:The commode is in age appropriate condition. The wood is partly bleached and to one side there is a larger tension crack. The keys are missing, one handle is loosened and an other one is missing. Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Classic Miniature Chest with brass handles, Germany, 19. C.

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Softwoods, massive, nut, veneered, brassGermany, 2nd quarter of the 19th centuryRectangular body on tapered square legsFront with three drawers and with two ring handles made of brassLight projecting cover plateTotal dimensions: 23 x 32 x 16.5 cm Condition: The chest is in an age-related condition consistent with age. Partly wormy (inactive). In places scratches and nicks. The cover plate is partly rubbed. The dimensions are 23 x 32 x 16.5 cm. Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Empire Bookcase with Marquetry, England, 1st Half 19th C.

Estimate: Log in or create account to view price data

Description: Mahogany and oak, veneered, partially ebonized and with marquetry, textile covering, glass, brassEngland, 1st half of the 19th century.EmpireHigh bookcaseHigh-rectangular body on flattened ball feetPodium zone with one drawerHigh front with single-winged, glazed doorAbove the cornice a segmental arch panel, flanked by 2 vase motifsOn the inside 4 shelves, walls lined with green textile Front contrasting with rectangular fieldsElaborate marquetry with flower, foliage and animal motifs as well as garlands, architectural elements and fan décorSides contrasting with circumferential borders1 key is availableOverall dimensions: 250 x 134 x 58 cmGood condition, consistent with ageThis item can only be delivered to an address within the EU. Offered impressive bookcase captivates by its elaborate marquetry-décor. The technique of marquetry emerged during the Italian Renaissance. It quickly spread to Germany and the Netherlands, reached France in the early 17th century and finally was taken up in England in 1660. Condition: The bookcase is in a good condition, consistent with age. In places the edges bear losses to veneer as well as smaller scratches at the sides. The overall dimensions measure 250 x 134 x 58 cm. (nlu) Shipping costs excl. statutory VAT and plus 2,5% (+VAT) shipping insurance.

View additional info
  Realized: Log in or create account to view price data
Sign in to continue
Email
Please enter your email.
Password
Please enter your password.
Forgot Your Password?
Enter Your Email
Please enter a valid email.
No user is registered with that email address.
Request Sent
Check to find your temporary password and password reset instructions.
Use your new password to Sign In.
 
Per page:
1
2
3