Lot 4441: 14K White Gold, Kunzite and Diamond, Antique Inspired Halo Ring
Terms & Conditions
1. Auctioneer is Agent for Vendor
Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd is the agent for the Vendor and is not responsible for any default by the Vendor or the Buyer.
2. Highest Bidder
Subject to any reserve price, the highest bidder shall be the Buyer and a dispute shall be settled by the Auctioneer who may at any time at his absolute discretion and regardless of the fall of the hammer re-open the bidding or withdraw the Lot from sale. The decision of the Auctioneer shall be final.
3. Regulation of Bidding
The Auctioneer has the right in his absolute discretion to refuse any bid and to advance and regulate the bidding as he decides and any bid acknowledged and relied upon by the Auctioneer may not be withdrawn.
4. Rights of Auctioneer and Vendor
The Auctioneer and the Vendor reserve the following rights which may be exercised by the Auctioneer without giving any reason therefore:
(a) not to offer for sale any Lot described in the catalogue;
(b) to offer for sale part only of any Lot described in the catalogue;
(c) to offer (2) or more of the Lots described in the catalogue as separate Lots or together as one Lot;
(d) should such Lots referred to in (c) of this Condition not be knocked down under the hammer to a successful bidder, to offer them as separate Lots;
(e) to keep secret the existence and amount of the reserve price (if any) of a Lot;
(f) in the event that any Buyer shall successfully bid for more than one Lot at the auction -
(1) to appropriate any moneys received from that Buyer in satisfaction or partial satisfaction of the Purchase Price due in respect of any one or more of such Lots to the total or partial exclusion of amounts due in respect of any other such Lot or Lots as the Auctioneer shall see fit; and
(2) to elect at any time to treat each Contract for the sale of each such Lots as interdependent with each other such Contract or Contracts and default under any such Contract shall be treated as default under all such Contracts;
(g) to bid on behalf of the Vendor or any prospective Buyer with or without disclosure;
(h) in the event that any Lot is not sold at the auction to offer to sell same thereafter by private treaty but otherwise subject to these Conditions; and
(i) to refuse any person or persons admission to, or eject them from, the auction site.
5. Buyer Bids as Principal
Every Buyer shall be deemed to bid as principal unless prior to the auction he discloses to Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. that he will be bidding on behalf of a principal and supplies the full name and address of his principal and a copy of a written authority to bid for and on behalf of that principal and such authority is satisfactory to Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd.
6. Buyers Registration Form
Every bidder shall complete and sign a Buyers Registration Form. Proof of identity acceptable to Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. may be required prior to entry to the auction premises.
7. Buyer's Premium
The Buyer may be required to pay to Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. a Buyers Premium based on a percentage of the Hammer Price. The terms of that premium will be published prior to the auction. The Buyer acknowledges that Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. may also receive commission from the Vendor.
8. Statements made by Auctioneer
All conditions, notices, descriptions, statements and other matters in the catalogue and elsewhere concerning a Lot are subject to any statements modifying or affecting the same made by the Auctioneer from the rostrum prior to any bid being accepted for the Lot.
9. Catalogue Descriptions
(a) Any representation or statement by Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd.t in any catalogue, advertisement or brochure as to the authorship, origin, date, age, period, attribution, genuineness, provenance, condition, quality, or estimated selling price of any Lot is a statement of opinion only. Any illustrations in the catalogue are solely for the guidance of prospective Buyers and are not to be relied upon in terms of tone or colour or necessarily to reveal imperfections in any Lot;
(b) Many Lots are of an age or nature which precludes their being in pristine condition and some descriptions in the catalogue make reference to damage and/or restoration. Such information is given for guidance only and the absence of such a reference does not imply that a Lot is free from defects nor does any reference to particular defects imply the absence of others;
(c) Buyers must satisfy themselves as to all matters referred to in (a) and (b) above by inspection or otherwise prior to the date of the auction. The attention of Buyers is also drawn to the Explanation of Cataloguing Practice (if any) contained in the catalogue.
10. Exclusion of Warranties
(a) No error or misdescription or deficiency in quantity shall vitiate the sale and the Buyer shall be bound to take delivery of the Lot without any allowance or abatement in price.
(b) Any warranties which might otherwise be implied by the Sale of Goods Act 1923 are hereby excluded and shall not apply. All Lots are sold "as is" and Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. and the Vendor make no representations or warranties as to any Lot other than those implied by the Common Law or by statute, the exclusion of which would render this Condition void or voidable or which would constitute an offence by the Auctioneer or the Vendor.
(c) Intending bidders must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise asto the nature of the Lot and must accept the same with all faults, patent or latent (if any).
(d) No warranty shall be implied from any affirmation made at the auction or otherwise but in all cases where an express warranty is intended, the same shall only be enforceable if reduced to writing and signed by the Vendor or by the Auctioneer as agent for the Vendor.
(1) within twenty-one (21) days of the date of the auction Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. receives notice writing from the Buyer of any Lot that in his view the Lot is a Forgery, and
(2) within fourteen (14) days of such notice, the Buyer returns the Lot to Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. in the same condition as at the date of the auction, and
(3) within a reasonable time thereafter, the Buyer satisfies Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. that the Lot is a Forgery and that the Buyer is able to give a good and marketable title of the Lot free of any liens or encumbrances, thenJewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. will set aside the sale and refund to the Buyer any amount paid for the Lot.
(b) Provided that the Buyer shall have no rights under this Condition if:
(1) he or she does not give the notice in writing within twenty-one (21) days as specified in Clause 11(a) (1),
(2) the catalogue description at the date of the auction was in accordance with the then generally accepted opinions of scholars or experts or fairly indicated that there was a conflict of such opinion, or
(3) it can be established that the Lot is a Forgery only by means of a scientific process not generally accepted for use until after the date of the auction or by means of a process which as at that date was unreasonably expensive or impractical or likely to have caused damage to the Lot;
(c) The Buyer shall not be entitled to claim under this Condition for more than the amount paid by him for the Lot and in particular shall have no claims for any loss, consequential loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, suffered by him
(d) The benefit of this Condition shall not be assignable and shall rest solely and exclusively in the Buyer who shall be the person to whom the original invoice was made out by Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. in respect of the Lot when sold and who has since the auction retained uninterrupted and unencumbered ownership thereof.
12. Agreement for Sale and Payment of Purchase Price Upon the sale of a Lot, the Buyer shall:
(a) unless he has already done so, give to Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. his name and address, and, if so required by Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd., proof of his identity and details of his bank or other suitable references;
(b) sign the agreement for sale (if any);
(c) pay to Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. the Purchase Price within two (2) working days from the date of the auction unless such other terms or period have been specified or agreed to prior to the auction. Payment shall be made in Australian dollars by transfer direct to Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. account.
(d) The Auctioneer may at his discretion require immediate payment or part payment of the Purchase Price in cash or otherwise upon the fall of the hammer.
13. Responsibility for Purchased Lots A purchased Lot shall be at the Buyer's risk in all respects from the fall of the hammer whether or not payment has been made and neither Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. nor the Vendor shall thereafter be liable for any loss or damage of any kind, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, notwithstanding that any Lot is in or under Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. custody or control at the time of the occurrence of the loss or damage.
14. Collection of Purchases
(a) The property in a Lot shall not pass to the Buyer until the Purchase Price has been paid in full and has been cleared.
(b) No Lot may be taken away during the auction nor may any Lot be taken away until the Purchase Price has been paid in full.
(c) The Buyer shall remove at his expense any Lot purchased by him within two (2) working days from the date of the auction or such other time as may be specified or agreed to by Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. and in this regard time shall be of the essence.
(d) Any removal shall be at the risk of the Buyer and, in such removal, the Buyer shall do no damage or shall forthwith make good any damage which may be occasioned.
(e) Any Lot or part thereof which the Buyer does not remove may thereafter be removed by Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd.or by some person firm or company engaged by Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. or the Vendor and/or stored at the place at which the auction took place or elsewhere. Such removal and/or storage (whether made for the safety of the goods or for the convenience of the Vendor or Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. or to enable resale of the Lot pursuant to Condition 15) shall be deemed to have been made by Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. at the request of the Buyer and all costs incurred by Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. or the Vendor in relation thereto shall be immediately payable by the Buyer to Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. who may sue for and recover the same as liquidated damages.
(f) Any packing and handling of purchased Lots by Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. is undertaken solely as a service to Buyers, and will only be undertaken at Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. discretion and at the Buyer's risk. Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. shall not be liable in any event for any damage to glass or frames, irrespective of cause. Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. shall not be liable for any errors or omissions or damage caused by packers and shippers that Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. has recommended to Buyers.
(g) No Buyer shall resell or otherwise deal with any Lot or part thereof within the auction premises.
15. Remedies for non-payment or failure to collect purchases
(a) If a Buyer fails either to pay for or to take away any purchased Lot within two (2) working days of the auction or such other period as is specified at the auction, Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. shall, without further notice to the Buyer and in its absolute discretion and without prejudice to any other rights or remedies it may have, and without being bound to give any notice, be entitled to exercise one or more of the following rights or remedies:
(1) to absolutely forfeit any moneys which the Buyer may have paid;
(2) to issue proceedings against the Buyer for damages for breach of contract;
(3) to rescind the sale of that or any other Lot sold to the Buyer at the same or at any other auction;
(4) to resell the Lot or cause it to be resold by auction or private sale. Any deficiency in the Purchase Price resulting from such resale (after giving credit for any payment made) together with the full costs incurred in connection with the resale (including commission and Expenses) shall be payable to Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. by the Buyer and any surplus (if any) over the Proceeds of Sale of the initial sale shall belong to Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd.
(b) Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd.shall be entitled to recover from the Buyer:
(1) the amount of any Vendors commission and Buyers Premium upon the purchase which the Buyer did not complete, as determined in accordance with the Published Rates.
(2) such sum for Expenses incurred by the Auctioneer in connection with or incidental to the auction or the resale, and
(3) where applicable, any GST, or any other tax or charge relating to or arising from the sale of the Lot.
(c) Should the same Buyer purchase more than one Lot at the same sale, then Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd. may at any time elect to treat each contract as interdependent with the others and default under any one contract shall constitute default under any or all of the others.
16. Auctioneer not Liable for Damage Loss or Injury
All persons attending an auction do so at their own risk and the auctioneer shall not be liable for any damage, loss or injury to person or property suffered for any cause whatsoever at any auction except insofar as the damage, loss or injury is caused by the direct negligence of Jewellery Auctions Unlimited Pty Ltd.
17. Law of these Conditions
These Conditions of Business shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the State in which the sale has been conducted and all parties concerned hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of that State's Courts.
18. Sale by Private Treaty
Where applicable these Conditions shall apply where relevant to either a sale by auction or by private treaty.
Any notice given hereunder shall be in writing and if given by post shall be deemed to have been duly received by the addressee in the ordinary course of post.
Jewellery Resizing, Payment & Shipping:
We offer a jewellery resizing service to all winning bidders at an additional cost. please let us know if you would like a resizing via email or once you are contacted regarding payment. Please visit your local jeweller if you are unsure of your ring or bracelet size.
Bracelets and Necklaces:
Links can be removed or added to a bracelet or necklace to make sure you receive a perfect fit.
The number of sizes a ring can be modified depends on the design of the ring. Most designs can be taken up or down a minimum of 1-2 sizes. We encourage you to contact us with any questions you might have regarding resizing rings.
Jewellery Auctions Unlimited offers free domestic shipping within Australia for all Jewellery pieces. This does not include loose stones, art work, porcelain and apparel.
For shipping estimates please contact us [email protected] or call 07 3924 2680
Alternatively, to get an estimate of shipping costs you can use the Australia Post shipping calculator for domestic shipping, and the FedEx shipping calculator for international parcels. We ship from the Gold Coast (QLD, 4214) and the dimensions of the item are provided within the lot's description.
Australia Post: https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/
*Credit card surcharge applies for all purchases