Download the Invaluable app and never miss an auction from your iOS or Android device.
1. All intending buyers must register before bidding and produce proofs of identity and address. The auctioneer shall be judge of the sufficiency of such proofs. By participating in our auctions, the buyer agrees to abide by Davidson Auction's terms and conditions of sale.
2. A 22% buyers premium (GST inclusive) shall be payable on top of the hammer price for domestic bidders, international bidders are also charged a 22% buyers premium (GST exclusive).
3. All lots are sold on a GST inclusive basis where applicable. A listing of GST registered vendors will be provided upon request. Items identified by an asterisk are sold on behalf of a GST registered vendor.
4. Your bid is a contract. Subject to any reserve price, the highest bidder shall be the buyer. The auctioneer reserves the right to not disclose the existence and/or amount of any such reserve. Further, the vendor shall have the right to bid by the auctioneer or by the vendor's agent.
5. The auctioneer reserves the right to accept or refuse any bid or bids without having to state any reasons therefore. Any bids accepted and relied upon by the auctioneer cannot be subsequently withdrawn by the bidder.
6. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw or re-offer any lot without giving any reason therefore. The auctioneer's decision shall be final.
7. When demanded by the auctioneer, a 25% deposit shall be payable by the buyer at the fall of the hammer.
8. The buyer shall be deemed to be the principal unless: (i), that person has disclosed upon registering that he or she is bidding on somebody else's behalf; and (ii), the auctioneer has agreed to and accepted proofs of such an arrangement.
9. All lots are open for inspection prior to sale and are sold with all faults if any. No error or misdescription shall invalidate the sale, and the buyer is bound to take delivery of the goods without allowance or reduction in price.
10. All goods are at the buyer's risk at the fall of the hammer. All due care shall be taken by the auctioneer and his employees but the auctioneer is not accountable for any damage or loss which may arise after the fall of the hammer.
11. Members of the public attend at their own risk. The auctioneer accepts no responsibility for any accident, loss or injury incurred before, during or after the sale.
12. Upon payment of an invoice goods may be delivered during the sale. All goods must be paid for and collected within 3 working days of the auction unless otherwise stated by the auctioneer. Any goods not removed by the appointed time shall incur storage and handling fees at the auctioneer's discretion, and of not less than $10 per lot per day.
13. All lots purchased by the buyer must be paid for before delivery is made of any one or more lots.
14. We accept cash, major credit cards & EFTPOS. Acceptance of personal and company cheques shall be entirely at the auctioneer's discretion, and by prior arrangement only. We reserve the right to withhold delivery of any lot or lots subject to clearance of moneys paid by the buyer.
15. Buyers must organise their own cartage and packing of the goods if required. No carrier may collect any goods prior to payment of the invoice in its entirety. The buyer is wholly responsible for any damage to property, or injury to persons incurred during the removal or handling of any lot or lots purchased, including any damage or injury caused by the buyer's agents or employees.
16. In the event of a forgery or fake being sold through our auction, that same item having been clearly represented by Davidson Auctions as the genuine article, & contingent upon sufficient proofs to the effect that the item is unarguably a fake or forgery being provided to Davidson Auctions and those proofs being acceptable to Davidson Auctions, the purchase price including buyers premium shall be refunded in full to the buyer. However, if the vendor has been paid by Davidson Auctions (generally, we pay 14 days after the completion of an auction), the buyer agrees that Davidson Auctions shall not be liable to make good any loss, monetary or otherwise, that he/she has incurred and shall look to the vendor to make good any losses or expenses.
17. It as agreed that the buyer indemnifies the auctioneer against any claim or legal action arising out of any acts of negligence, omissions or misdescription by the auctioneer or his agents.
18. In the event of non-compliance with any of the above terms and conditions any moneys paid by the buyer shall be forfeit; and the goods may be resold through auction or by any other means without notification to, and at the expense of, the former buyer. The former buyer shall be liable to make good any loss or deficiency that may arise on such resale, including advertising and storage costs if applicable.
19. In these conditions, the word auctioneer means Davidson Auctions Pty Ltd; and where the context so permits, includes the person conducting the auction on behalf of Davidson Auctions Pty Ltd.
DAVIDSON AUCTIONS PTY LTD - Live! Internet Bidding FAQs:
Live Auction Timing
Items offered are part of a live auction held in our rooms. Items are offered in numerical order and are auctioned at a pace of approximately 60-80 an hour.
Absentee bids left on Invaluable Live Auctions are not the same as bids left directly with Davidson Auctions. Invaluable Live Auction absentee bids are executed by Invaluable Live as and when the lot is being auctioned; and Davidson Auctions is not privy to the extent of your bid. Consequently, occasionally the situation may arise that the auctioneer acknowledges a floor bidder's bid before your Invaluable bid of the same amount can be applied. In such cases the bid acknowledged by the auctioneer first will take precedence. The auctioneer's decision shall always be final.
For further information on bidding with us, please visit: https://www.davidsonauctions.com.au/buying-faqs.html
Invoices will be emailed within 1-2 days after the auction has ended, once the results have been verified. Please check your junk mail folder or call / email us if you have not received an invoice within the given time frame.
PLEASE NOTE: All goods must be paid for and collected within 3 working days of the auction unless otherwise stated by the auctioneer. Any goods not removed by the allotted time will incur storage and handling fees of no less than $10 per lot per day.
Instructions on the methods of payment will be included on your invoice.
Payment for lots may be made in cash, EFTPOS, direct deposit* (wire transfer) and selected major credit cards (entirely at our discretion & with proofs of identity and other bona fides having been presented by the purchaser). Payments made by credit card are subject to an additional service charge of 1%.
(*Lots will be released to buyers once payment has been received and cleared through our bank account).
All lots purchased by the buyer must be paid for in full before arranging collection.
Important note: if paying by credit card remotely, we will require proof of possession of the card being used, not simply the numbers.
Unfortunately, we do not provide in-house packing & postage for our auctions. The buyer must organise their own cartage and packing of the goods. All third party shipping arrangements and payment for shipping and packing expenses (including packing materials / labour and insurance costs if available) should be made directly with the buyer's shipper of choice. No carrier may collect any goods prior to payment of the invoice in its entirety. The buyer is wholly responsible for any damage to property, or injury to persons incurred during the removal or handling of any lot or lots purchased, including any damage or injury caused by the buyer's agents or employees. Whilst all reasonable care will be taken, such packing, handling and shipping is at the sole risk of the purchaser. Davidson Auctions shall not have liability for any loss or damage to such items.
Our packing & freight partner is Pack and Send, Balmain. They will be happy to supply you with a competitive quote, with optional insurance on your purchase/s.
Assuming you are successful in your bid(s), you will be dealing with them/paying them directly for the cartage.
Their email is [email protected], ph +61 2 8065 5385.
Alternate carriers are as follows:
For local artwork deliveries (Sydney metro):
Art Van Go (Sean):
0404 027 445
For art deliveries Noosa - VIC:
Logiart Pty Ltd:
0448 456 841 (Karola)
Moving Art (Aidan Hill):
0409 211 077
For art deliveries to Melbourne/ VIC:
Artist Courier Service (Hilton):
0408 343 710
For art deliveries to Canberra / Melbourne/ VIC:
The Blue Mexican (Ben Sabel):
02 9816 3016
Interstate Art deliveries:
Grace Fine Art (Alex):
02 9838 5642
You are, of course, welcome to make your own cartage arrangements if you prefer.
Important note for buyers re items containing ivory: international trade in ivory, or items containing ivory components, is restricted by the CITES convention, and requires permissions from the relevant authorities in both Australia (in this instance) and in the country of destination. Sole responsibility for acquiring CITES paperwork & permissions resides with the buyer. Davidson Auctions offers no guarantee that such export permissions will be granted by the relevant authorities, nor will it seek such permissions on behalf of the buyer.
Condition reports are available on request, up to 24 hours prior to the sale. This service is free of charge. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact.
All lots are open for inspection prior to sale and are sold with all faults if any. The absence of a condition statement in our catalogues or any other document, statement or representation does not imply that the lot is in good condition. Davidson Auctions shall have no responsibility for any error or omission.
No error or misdescription shall invalidate the sale, and the buyer is bound to take delivery of the goods without allowance or reduction in price.
A 22% buyers premium (GST inclusive) shall be payable on top of the hammer price of any and all winning bids for domestic bidders, international bidders are also charged a 22% buyers premium (GST exclusive). An additional fee of 5% on the hammer price will be added to the invoice for live bidding through Invaluable.
All lots are sold on a GST inclusive basis where applicable.