More About this Item
Conditions of sale
Weekly Online Terms & Conditions
1. A buyer's premium of 15% of the hammer price (plus 5% online bidding fee) shall be added to each purchase to reach the total sales price.
2. Acceptable forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, Discover, & Paypal.
3. Complete payment is required day of auction. Payments for all online purchases will be processed through credit card and Paypal only. Credit cards will be charged at the time of purchase. No checks or cash will be accepted. Returns or Insufficient funds results in a $35 fee for each specific item.
4. Paid items must be removed from the auction center following the close of the auction. Within ten business (10) days, any items remaining at the auction center will be placed in storage. Fee for storage will be $10 per week per item.
5. Alderfer Auction does not have on-site shipping services, but will offer 3rd Party recommendations. For more information call Diane Niece at 215-393-3007.
6. The highest bidder shall be the buyer and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the auctioneer will decide the buyer or immediately put the item up for sale again.
7. In the event of a tie between an online bidder and a floor bidder, the floor bid will take precedence. The auctioneer's decision will be binding and final.
8. The record of sale, kept by the auctioneer and clerk, will be taken as absolute and final in all disputes.
9. Some lots are offered subject to a reserve. A reserve is a confidential minimum price below which such a lot will not be sold.
10. Alderfer's will not be held responsible for error or failure to execute bid(s). Absentee bids must be in writing and a fifty-dollar minimum bid is required per item. Phone bidding is an available service and must be arranged in advance with our staff. We suggest that phone bid arrangements be made 24 hours before the start of the auction in order to ensure adequate processing time.
11. All auction inquiries must be received 24 hours prior to the start of the auction. The deadline for email inquiries is 12 pm EST the day prior to the scheduled auction.
12. While every effort is made to determine provenance, authenticity and condition, it is the responsibility of the Bidder to arrive at their own conclusion prior to bidding. Provenance and authenticity including attributions are guaranteed by neither the consignor nor Alderfer Auction Company.
Alderfer Auction Company strongly encourages bidders to personally inspect all lots. While Alderfer's is not obligated to provide a condition report of each lot, Bidders may feel free to contact the Auction Company for a condition report, Alderfer's will attempt to furnish one, but shall not be liable for failing to do so. The Bidder should review online descriptions to obtain necessary information. Statements by Alderfer Auction Company regarding the condition of objects are for guidance only and should not be relied upon as statements of fact, and do not constitute a representation, warranty, or assumption of liability by Alderfer's. All lots offered regardless of a condition report are sold "AS IS".
13. We have tried to describe each lot as accurately as possible, and we have included descriptive photographs as well. However, we are selling each lot "AS IS" and there will be no returns allowed if you are not satisfied with condition. Please satisfy yourself as to the condition of the item before bidding.
14. Your bidding at this Auction indicates that you have read and accept these Terms & Conditions of Sale.
15. We are not responsible for color discrepancies due to photo reproductions.
***WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VARIATIONS IN COLOR DUE TO PHOTO REPRODUCTION.
Should internet bidding fail for any reason, please contact 215-393-3023, to enact an absentee or telephone bid. We will do our best to accommodate you at the live auction.
The payment of the final bid shall be effectively made (within the limits established by law) through wire transfer to Sala Retiro's account in Bankia, or through any other payment method satisfactory to Sala Retiro: credit card if buyer can be present at Sala Retiro premises.
The retrieval of the purchased lots shall be made by the buyer within ten business days following the auction's celebration date, at Sala Retiro's expense. The expedition costs shall be at the buyer's expense.
Storage expenses: The lots which were purchased and not retrieved by the buyer shall have a cost of 6 € per day due to storage cost, starting from the deadline mentioned above, added by the relevant VAT rate.
In order to claim the attributed lot, the buyer must pay the hammer price with a 21% increase (VAT included) Buyer´s premium. Internet sales through "live-bidding" are charged with an extra 3%-5%, depending on Internet plataforms, on top of the hammer + buyer´s premium