More About this Item
Conditions of Sale
This version of the terms of sale is a free translation and only the Italian original has legal force.
By submitting your bids you agree to our Italian version.
1.The auctioneer acts as an agent for unnamed consignors. Business currency is Euro.
2. Every lot can be examined before the auction. Consignments for approval cannot be sent. You may request further photos. All lots are sold as they stand with any fault, imperfections and errors of description. All descriptions are made conscientiously by our experts but without warranty. Bidders may file complaints within six weeks after the sale, but payment cannot be postponed in any way.
3. The auctioneer has the right to separate, rearrange, withdraw or leave any lot without any declaration. He has also the right to exclude persons from the auction sale without giving any reason.
4. We accept mail bids (also e-mail and fax bids, if the client is known). All these bids will be handled with care but without any guarantee. Please indicate your preferred method of dispatch of the purchased lots (airmail, customs declarations, and special insurance). Minimum prices are starting prices as well as reserve prices. Bids under this prices can not be accepted.
5. Czerny's is not responsible for any eventual restrictions on export.
Please always check the availability in import lots in your country.
6. The lots are knocked down to the highest bidder. Unknown bidders have to give a satisfactory reference or have to place a deposit before bidding, otherwise the auctioneer may not accept their bids. Should two bids have reached the same maximum price limit, the room bidder will win (identical maximum bids of mail bidders will be tossed).
7. From the time that a lot has been knocked down, all risks lie with the buyer, but all lots remain the property of the auction house until full payment has been effected. The auction house takes a commission charge of 20% of the hammer price and Italian IVA (V.A.T) of the commission charges (Total 25,06 % on the hammer price). The V.A.T. is not refundable inside or outside the European Community. The full amount has to be paid immediately in Euro. Foreign mail bidders must pay within ten days after receipt of the invoice. Checks are accepted only by special agreement and must cover also bank charges. If a buyer acts as an agent for third parties, he may be hold responsible, even if the name of this third party appears on the invoice. Payment by Visa or MasterCard cause an additional administrative charge of 2.9 % on top of the invoice price.
8. All lots of an invoice will remain in the auction house until the whole amount has been fully paid. Delays in payment may cause extra charges and legal interest. The auction house may store or resell lots at the expenses of the buyer if the invoice has not been paid in time.
9. Consignments are made at the buyer's risk and expense. In case of damage or loss of a package the buyer must file a claim at the post officer, airline etc. immediately. Without these official papers the insurance company cannot be held responsible. After an auction the purchased lots have no insurance.
10. If any misunderstanding would result from mail bids, phone calls, faxes, letters, telegrams, e-mails etc., they are at the vendor's and the buyer's risk. Invoices written during or right after the auction may be corrected later.
11. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Czerny's International Auction House have no responsibility for any error or omission. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effect of aging.
12. Please be aware that delivery time for purchases shipped by our premises is approximately six weeks from receipt of payment. In case of lots considered arms for Italian law, we need an official permit from the local bureau before sending the items.
13. If you want to bid live with Internet applets and dedicated websites please note we will be selling about 100 lots per hour; Czerny's International Auction House is not responsible for internet connection problems or third parties applet problems during the online auction.
We strongly suggest our internet bidders to always leave an absentee bid for the lots they want to bid online first. We are not responsible if we do miss bids during the live auction or skip lots.
In the event of a tie bid, the auctioneer has sole discretion to award the lot to the high bidder of his or her choosing, most often the floor bidder.
14. The buyer must wait for a paper or digital invoice from Czerny's after the auction's end before any payment is made. The invoice is automatically generated and it includes the total amount due, including buyers premium (25,06%) + ArtFact Transaction Fee (3%), shipping and handling.
PLEASE NOTE 25,06 % BP INCLUDES ITALIAN TAXES EVERY CLIENT HAS TO PAY. In case you do pay with Credit Card or PayPal please note we'll add 2.9% on top of your total invoice.
15. All conditions of the TERMS OF SALE apply accordingly to the sale of remaining (unsold) lots.
16. Place of jurisdiction is in any case and for all parties Sarzana/Italy.
© Czerny's International Auction House Ltd.
Czerny's Auction House offers shipping service for this sale.
Please note for firearms or edged weapons we do need permits by the Italian Police / Customs before shipping them. From the moment we receive the full payment this paperwork we do in your behalf might take up to 6 weeks.
The full amount has to be paid immediately in Euro. Foreign mail bidders must pay within ten days after receipt of the invoice. Checks are accepted only by special agreement and must cover also bank charges. If a buyer acts as an agent for third parties, he may be hold responsible, even if the name of this third party appears on the invoice. Payment by Visa or MasterCard cause an additional administrative charge of 2.9 % on top of the invoice price
The Auction House takes a commission charge of 25.06% of the hammer price (included Italian IVA taxes, not refundable). PLEASE NOTE ITALIAN TAXES HAVE TO BE PAID BY EVERYONE, inside or outside the European Community unless you purchase through a company/business, providing the corresponding tax number.
The items presented in this sale are complete with all documentation necessary to be sold; however, we recommend you to check limits and regulations that your Country applies for the import of this kind of collectibles.
An exhibition featuring all lots presented will anticipate the sale, during it the director and the staff of the auction house will be available to provide any additional information or guidance; the exhibition gives clients the opportunity to examine the authenticity, the attribution, the provenance,
the state of preservation, the type and the quality of any piece presented and, where necessary, to suggest corrections to inaccuracies found in the catalogue. Before taking part in the auction, everyone interested in buying a lot undertakes to inspect it accurately, if necessary with the support of en expert, in order to assess the features mentioned above. Once sold,
the auction house does not accept any claims; the seller and Czerny's International Auction House will have no responsibility for any error or omission included in the catalogue.
For detailed condition reports or further info about the lots: [email protected]