Download the Invaluable app and never miss an auction from your iOS or Android device.
1. The Buyer
The Buyer is the person to who a lot is auctioned. In case of protestation (which can only occur during the public auction and only after the sale by auction), sole the bailiff or the auctioneer present can decide that the lot will be resold. Any buyer is considered vis à vis VDK to act in his own name and for his own account, even if he acts as representative. The Buyer gives to VDK his name, address, telephone and mobile telephone number, as well as any information, namely banking information, asked by VDK.
2. Price and Artist resale right ("droit de suite")
The Buyer will pay to HÔTEL DE VENTES VANDERKINDERE S.A. the hammer price increased of
25% of commission for the auctions wilth catalogue (ventes cataloguées) and one Euro (+1€) more for each item and
25% of commission fot the auctions without catalogues (ventes bourgeoises) and five Euros (+5€) more for each item.
According to the law of 30 June 1994 on authors' rights, the Buyer shall pay in addition to the hammer price an Artist Resale Right (droit de suite) of 4% on the part of the hammer price from 2,000 €.
The "droit de suite" is over when the artist died for more than 70 years.
In case of "live bidding", the Auction House will charge the buyer an extra commission: 5% for Invaluable.
3. Payment - Invoice - VAT
Once the lot has been awarded to a purchaser, the risk is transferred to them and they are obliged to pay the price. The payment is made in cash in Euro.
The HÔTEL DE VENTES VANDERKINDERE S.A. accepts payment in cash up to three thousand Euro (3,000 Euro).
If the total amount of the sale is three thousand Euro (3,000 Euro) or more, the purchaser may pay the amount of three thousand Euro (3,000 Euro) in cash and the balance must be settled electronically (Bancontact, Visa, Master Card and Union Pay) or by bank transfer or cheque certified by a Belgian bank.
In the latter two cases, the merchandise shall only be delivered after receipt of the remaining amount due. The request for invoicing must be made at the latest before the fifth day of the week following the sale.
VAT is included in the sale price but non-deductible, cf. Art.8.
4. Picking up of the acquired lot(s)
The lots can not be picked up after the public auction. They can be picked up within 4 business days after the auction and after complete payment of the Price. A non picked up lot within this term will be stored at the Buyer expenses. The HÔTEL DE VENTES VANDERKINDERE S.A.will not be liable for the losses or damages occurred to the lot, even if it results from its fault or negligence. The transport of the lots must be paid by the Buyer and VDK is not and will not be liable for the losses or damages that may occur during the storage, the packaging, the handling or during the transport of the auctioned lots.
5. Non payment and/or non picking up of the lot
In case of payment default and/or of non picking up of the lot, the Buyer will pay, without prior summon, an interest of 2% per month as from the end of picking up period. Moreover, VDK will be entitled to take the following measures, discretionary and without prejudice of all other measures :
• store the lots at the Buyer's expenses and deliver the lot only after payment of the Price and of all costs;
• sue the Buyer in court for the payment of the Price and costs and/or for the picking up of the lot with imposition of a penalty (astreinte) if the need arises;
• cancel the sale of the lot and possibly of other lots acquired by the Buyer at the public auction or at previous auctions;
• to put up the lots for auction, any loss in relation to the first auction and all costs being at the Buyers' expenses. The Buyer will not be entitled to obtain anything in case of higher price at this second auction;
• keep the lot sold at this auction of at previous auctions until full payment of the Price and the costs;
• sell in auctions any good that would have been given by the Buyer to VDK for a public auction or for any other reason, the obtained amount being affected in priority to the payment of the Price and costs;
• refuse any bid made by the defaulting Buyer or in his name.
6. Description of the lots
The lots are put up for auctions with their imperfections, their defaults and possible mistakes of descriptions. VDK is neither responsible nor liable for possible mistakes in the description of the lots, for their valuation, the author, the signature, the date, the origin, the attribution, the authenticity that are given indicatively, as well as for the state of the lots. The Buyer will make his own impression and appreciations on the lot(s) and no protestation will be admitted even if it is in relation with the description of the catalogue after the auctioning to the Buyer.
Accidents are mentioned with (*) and restoration with (**).
7. Bids and telephone auctions
A Buyer may bid or participate to public auctions by telephone. In this case, the Buyer must ask to do so by letter, fax, e-mail and must give all his contacts details (name, address, telephone and mobile telephone numbers to VDK, this latter being entitled to ask to the Buyer his bank details and references.
The bidder undertakes to bid at least the low estimate of the catalog.
VDK is not responsible or liable for the mistakes of the Buyer in the telephone number or for a false indication of the number of the lot, for problems during the telephone communication (busy line, transmission problems, bad mobile telephone network, interruptions, etc.). If two bids are made on the same lot for the same amount, preference will be given to the bid received firstly.
8. All our sales are subject to the special margin scheme, with non-deductible VAT.
9. Privacy - Personal information
The HOTEL DE VENTES VANDERKINDERE S.A. undertakes to process its customer's personal data in accordance with the "General Data Protection Regulation" (GDPR)
No online payments will be accepted.
We do not pack and do not send the items but to help you we can give you the name of some transport companies most of our international customers work with.
In case you want to work with companies as UPS, Fedex, Tnt, Gls, etc... we can deliver them your artworks only if :
1) You order directly with the company you choose
2) This sending is at your charge and paid by you
3) When the employee of the company comes to our office to pick up he must have all references : copy of your invoice or your name and adress, the lot numbers and the auction dates with short description of the items. Without those informations we do not deliver the items
4) Confirm the company the opening hours of our office : from monday till friday, from 9 am to 12 am and from 2 pm till 5 pm.