More About this Item
Buyer's Premium$0 - 100,000: 21.0%
Decoys Unlimited Inc Conditions of Sale
CONDITIONS OF SALE
DECOYS UNLIMITED, INC. UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL OFFER THE PROPERTY LISTED IN THIS CATALOG.
1. All bids whether by floor, phone or absentee will have a buyer's premium of 18% added to the auction sale price as part of the total purchase price.
2. GUARANTEE-The Auctioneers have endeavored to correctly describe the property being sold as to attribution, period, and origin. We do not as a rule x-ray items to be auctioned. The auctioneers reserve the right to make verbal corrections and provide additional information at the time of sale. We do not guarantee the type of wood or material used in the making of a decoy or carving. Since opinions may differ, as to condition, the auctioneers will be the sole judges in the matter of any refund. All property becomes the responsibility and liability of the buyer at the fall of the hammer. Any lots we might make arrangements for moving or storing are solely at the risk of the buyer and any damage or loss occurring after the fall of the hammer becomes that of the buyer. If for any reason a purchased lot should be lost or stolen prior to delivery, the Auctioneers shall not be liable in any case for any amount in excess of that paid by the purchaser.
3. DURATION OF LIMITED GUARANTEE- Request for a refund for items purchased IN PERSON AT THE GALLERY MUST BE MADE BEFORE THOSE ITEMS LEAVE THE AUCTION SITE. If you are an absentee or phone bidder it is your responsibility to examine the lot immediately upon receipt. On items purchased by absentee bid the guarantee will expire 24 hours from the date of delivery. Therefore all guarantees on items purchased will become null and void not later than 10 calendar days from the date of shipment or 24 hours from the date of delivery whichever is soonest. IMPORTANT: IF YOU PAY LATE, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE GUARANTEE. Payment must be postmarked no later than 15 DAYS from the date of invoicing. On invoices outstanding 30 days from the billing date 12% APR interest will be charged. If the invoices are 90 days overdue the auctioneer may at our discretion return the merchandise to the consigner and the buyer will be charged for the commission and buyers premium and will be prohibited from participation in future auctions.
4. Buyers must inspect the merchandise or have it vetted prior to bidding.
5. The Auctioneers reserve the right to reject any opening bid or bid advance not commensurate with the value of the article being offered.
6. The Auctioneers reserve the right to withdraw any lot at any time prior to the commencement of bidding on the lot.
7. Some of the lots are offered subject to a reserve, which is the confidential minimum price below which such lot will not be sold. The Auctioneers may implement reserves by bidding on behalf of the consigner.
8. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the event of a dispute between bidders or error by the Auctioneer, the Auctioneer shall have the sole discretion as to who was the successful bidder or he may re-offer the disputed item at his discretion.
9. Full payment of each purchaser's account must be received on the day of the sale before items are removed from the gallery. Payment must be made by cash, good check, Visa or Mastercard unless other arrangements have been made at least two hours prior to the auction.
10. All bidders will register and provide their names, residential address and show identification such as a driver's license prior to bidding. Personal checks will be accepted at the sole discretion of the auctioneer. The Auctioneer reserves the right to hold merchandise purchased by personal check until the check clears the bank, if the Auctioneers regard such action necessary to protect their interests.
11. All shipping and packaging expense shall be borne by the purchaser. We recommend insuring all shipments at the purchase price of the items.
12. All purchases are subject to MA state sales tax unless the purchaser possesses a valid MA state sales tax exemption certificate and can provide a copy of same for the auctioneer's records. To obtain such a number, contact the state Retail Sales Tax Division in MA.
13. BIDDING AGENT RESPONSIBILITY- If you are vetting items for a client or registering for someone or if you execute a bid for someone else under your number, you are responsible for the settlement of that account. The bidding agent(s) are also responsible for examining the merchandise for your client regarding the guarantee.
14. RESPONSIBILITY OF BIDDERS USING A BIDDING AGENT - If you use a bidding agent to vet and bid on items in your behalf, you are accepting your agent's expertise as to description and condition and will not have recourse if the item does not meet your expectations.
15. TITLE- Title passes to the owner at the drop of the auctioneers hammer.
16. LEGAL DISPUTE- Any legal disputes arising from the auction shall be settled in the court system of the state of Massachusetts.
I have read and agree to the terms and conditions as stated in the Conditions of Sale. Bidding on any item in this sale indicates acceptance of the above terms.
The office will not be open until three business days after the sale.
Auction House will help arrange shipment, at buyer's expense