More About this Item
Terms and Conditions
Any invoice totaling more than $100,000 must be paid within three (3) days. All other merchandise must be paid in full within seven (7) days of the date of the sale. If payment by cash, check, money order or wire transfer is made within 7 days of the sale, a 3% discount on the Hammer price may be taken by the buyer. DISCOUNT IS ONLY AVAILABLE IF INVOICE IS PAID WITHIN 7 DAYS from the sale date. No discount is permitted on split payments where a credit card is used as any form of total payment. Payments can be made by going to your account online at www.morphyauctions.com, call 877-968-8880 or mail payment to: Dan Morphy Auctions LLC 2000 N Reading Rd, Denver, PA 17517.
Absentee bids placed through www.morphyauctions.com and Proxibid.com will be auto charged to the credit card entered 48 hours after the end of the sale. If you wish to pay by another method please contact us within 48 hours after the sale.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, personal checks/ certified checks, wire transfers, money orders, and cash.
• We accept cash, wire transfer, check, certified checks and money orders only. No credit cards.
• CREDIT CARD - For first time buyers and credit card charges greater than $2,500.00 buyers must complete the bottom portion of the invoice and must specifically sign the acknowledgement of our terms of sale before we will accept payment via credit card. We do offer the convenience of paying automatically by credit card. If you wish have your card automatically charged for all purchases please complete our "Authorization for Automatic Credit Card Use." We have this form available online or upon request. Split payments are subject to a 25% buyer's premium if a credit card is used as any form of total payment.
• CHECK - There will be a $30.00 service charge for returned checks. Make checks payable to: Dan Morphy Auctions LLC. MORPHY'S reserves the right to hold items paid for by personal or company check until said check clears (14 days). MORPHY'S has the right to hold all checks over $2,000.00. Customers who have an established successful buying history with MORPHY'S may be exempt from this. We will accept a personal or company check >$2,000 and/or from a first time buyer if you provide a Bank Letter of Credit, available on our website, www.morphyauctions.com.
• WIRE TRANSFERS - There will be a $30.00 charge added to all wire transfers less than $2,000.00. Please add this amount to your invoice total before sending a wire transfer.
In the few situations where a successful bidder does not remit payment when due, MORPHY'S will proceed with the legal steps necessary to protect its interests and will block the bidder from future auction participation.
• It is the bidder's responsibility to take shipping and handlings & insurance costs into consideration when bidding on items.
• BIDDERS PRESENT AND TAKING ITEMS AFTER AUCTION - Since item liability transfers upon a successful bid, items paid for must be packed, transported and/or removed by the purchaser at his/her own risk after the close of the sale. We recommend that you arrange insurance for your items immediately upon becoming the highest bidder. If any employee or agent of MORPHY'S shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk and responsibility and expense of the purchaser. MORPHY'S shall not be held liable for any loss or damage that may be caused by the said agent or employee.
• ITEMS NOT PICKED UP THE DAY OF THE SALE (DENVER LOCATION ONLY) - Packaging, shipping, and insurance on items will be made available as an added courtesy and cost. We recommend that you arrange insurance for your items immediately upon becoming the highest bidder. Again, if any employee or agent of MORPHY'S shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk and responsibility and expense of the purchaser. MORPHY'S shall not be held liable for any loss or damage that may be caused by the said agent or employee. All applicable charges will be applied. Shipping will be based on actual costs via FedEx, FedEx Freight, or USPS (best way). Handling and insurance will vary in cost depending on each invoice. All packages will be shipped with insurance. Items will ship seven to fourteen (7-14) business days after payment is received.
• SHIPPING TERMS - Morphy will ship all items to the buyer at the listed address via FedEx or other carriers, FOB Denver, Pennsylvania or FOB Las Vegas, NV or FOB other auction locations. Any risk of loss or damage to the item(s) during transit via FedEx, or any other carrier, in excess of the insurance provided by or purchased from Morphy, is at the risk of the buyer. Any additional insurance coverage should be purchased by the buyer through the carrier. Buyer releases Morphy from any and all claims for loss or damage to any item during transit and agrees to pay all costs of defense, including attorney's fees, for any claims brought against Morphy for loss or damage occurring during transit.
• INSURANCE - Shipping insurance is automatically added up to $1,000 for every package. If your package is valued at >$10,000 we will also automatically add "Additional Insurance", which you can decline by contacting us. If you wish to arrange for "Additional Insurance" for packages valued between $1,000 and $10,000 please contact us prior to payment and we can quote this additional insurance amount for you. Insurance for all 3rd party shipments must be arranged through that carrier.
• INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS - MORPHY'S has the capability to ship to international bidders. By law, MORPHY'S cannot, and will not, declare lesser values for any international purchases and all shipments will include the invoice with purchase totals including the buyer's premium and shipping cost. All international bidders are responsible for knowing their country's laws on importing items and for paying all customs and duties on the items.
• 3RD PARTY SHIPPING of Large Items - Bidders MUST arrange and pay for 3rd party shipping when packages are a certain weight, length, or dimensional size.
o Dimensional size is length (the longest measurement) + (height x 2) + (width x 2). For example a 36" x 36" x 12" package = 36 + (36 x2) + (12 x 2) = 132"
o USA home shipments must be <70 lbs. and <108" length and <165" dimensional size
o USA business shipments must be <150 lbs. and <108" length and <165" dimensional size
o International shipments must be <150 lbs. and <108" length and <130" dimensional size
o There may be certain shipments that meet these requirements that will still require 3rd party shipping, and we will communicate the reason in those cases.
• For any buyers who wish to arrange, or must arrange due to the size of the item, for their own shipping, MORPHY'S must be notified at least seven (7) days prior of shipping company name and arrival date and time. Pickup must be scheduled to begin and end within our normal business hours (9am - 4pm, seven days a week). Buyers must arrange weekend pickups in advance with MORPHY'S staff, and additional charges may be necessary for overtime. 3rd party shipper must arrive with a copy of the invoice
• STORAGE FEE - MORPHY'S will charge a storage fee of $50/week for any items awaiting pickup for more than 14 days following the auction date.
A 25% buyer's premium will be added to all successful bids and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase cost. If payment by cash, check, money order or wire transfer is made within 7 days of the sale a 3% discount may be taken on the Hammer price by the buyer. DISCOUNT IS ONLY AVAILABLE IF INVOICE IS PAID WITHIN 7 DAYS from the sale date. Split payments are subject to a 25% buyer's premium if a credit card is used as any form of total payment. . A surcharge will be added for certain third party online bidding platforms the bidder utilizes. Refer to your bidding platform of choice for the final buyer's premium.
Lots delivered to you, or your representative are subject to all applicable state and local taxes, unless appropriate permits are on file with MORPHY'S. Bidder agrees to pay MORPHY'S the actual amount of tax due in the event that sales tax is not properly collected due to: 1) an expired, inaccurate, or inappropriate tax certificate or declaration, 2) an incorrect interpretation of the applicable statute, 3) or any other reason. The appropriate form or certificate must be on file at and verified by MORPHY'S five days prior to Auction, or tax must be paid; only if such form or certificate is received by MORPHY'S within 4 days after the Auction can a refund of tax paid be made. Lots from different auctions may not be aggregated for sales tax purposes.
Grading Scale (where applicable)
Near Mint Plus... 97% - 100%
Near Mint........ 90% - 96%
Excellent........ 80% - 89%
Very Good........ 70% - 79%
Good ............ Below 70%