Download the Invaluable app and never miss an auction from your iOS or Android device.
By registering and bidding in an auction conducted by Greater London Auctions LLC bidders (whether present in person, by telephone, by agent, by written or telephone absentee bid instruction, or through a live internet connection) agree to be bound by these terms. These are the complete and only terms and conditions on which all property is offered for sale. Greater London Auctions LLC retains the right to bar any bidder from participating in any auction and to exclude or reject any bid.
1) REGISTRATION. All bidders must register their name, permanent street address (no P.O. Boxes), and telephone number prior to the auction. Unless known to Greater London Auctions LLC , all registrants are required to present two forms of identification, at least one of which must include a current photograph. Bidders may be required to present a valid Visa or MasterCard. By registering with Greater London Auctions LLC or submitting an absentee bid form, an individual registrant authorizes Greater London Auctions LLC to obtain a copy of his or her consumer credit report and authorizes Greater london auctions LLC , at its sole discretion, to use the information contained therein to make business decisions regarding the registrant's participation in the bidding process.
2) ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS. Bidding on any item, whether in person, by phone, by absentee bid or via a live internet auction indicates the bidder's agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions for Bidders. Any right of bidder under this agreement shall not be assignable and shall only be enforceable by the original buyer. The rights and obligations of the parties shall be governed by the laws of the state of Texas. All bidders submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Texas.
3) TERMS OF SALE. Announcements made the day of auction take precedence over any previous communication. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot at any time before its final sale and to reject any bid for any reason. The highest bidder for each lot acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the "buyer." If any dispute arises as to any bidding, or between two or more bidders, at the sole discretion of the auctioneer, the successful bidder will be determined or the disputed lot shall be put up again at the last undisputed bid and resold.
(4) BUYER'S PREMIUM. is set at 21% via the internet and 18% in house.
( 5) ESTIMATES AND RESERVES. Presale estimates are intended to be guides and may or may not reflect the ultimate hammer price of a lot. Greater London Auctions LLC retains the right to change estimates on any lot up to time of sale. A reserve is a confidential minimum price agreed upon by the seller of the lot and Greater London Auctions LLC . In the case of reserved lots, the seller has authorized Greater London Auctions LLC to bid on seller's behalf until the reserve price is reached. In no case will the reserve be higher than the low presale estimate.
6) DISCLAIMERS. Greater London Auctions LLC, says
please note that EVERY LOT IS SOLD "AS IS, WHERE IS" without any representations or warranties, written or implied, made by Greater London Auctions, LLC, or the seller as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, condition or value of the property, or the correctness or completeness of the catalogue or other description of the property, and no statement, whether written or oral, shall be deemed such a representation, warranty or assumption of liability. Greater London Auctions LLC makes no representation or warranty that the buyer of manuscript material, photographs, prints or works of art will acquire any copyright or reproduction rights. Greater London Auctions LLC does not guarantee the working order of any clock, watch, electronic or mechanical device. Dimensions given in the catalogue descriptions may be approximate.
7) DEFINITIONS OF AUTHORSHIP.
"By" or "Maker/Artist" - in our opinion, the work is by the artist or maker stated
"Attributed to" - in our opinion, the work is probably, but not definitely, by the artist or maker stated
"Signed" or "Marked" - in our opinion, the signature or mark is that of the stated artist or maker
"Bearing the signature (or mark) of" - in our opinion, the signature or mark is probably, but not definitely, that of the artist or maker stated
"Circle of" - in our opinion, the work is of the period and by an artist or maker closely associated with the stated artist or maker
"School of" - in our opinion, the work is by a pupil or follower of the stated artist or maker
"Manner of" - in our opinion, the work is of the period and done in the style of the stated artist or maker
"After" - in our opinion, the work is a copy of a work by the stated artist or maker
8) INSPECTION. Except for On-Line Only Auctions, all lots are available for inspection prior to the auction. Condition reports for most items can be found online at Greater London Auctions LLC website, and prospective bidders are encouraged to contact Greater london auctions LLC directly for additional information regarding the condition of any lot. Greater London Auctions LLC does not warrant the condition of any item. Buyers interested in the condition of an item are encouraged to contact Greater London Auctions LLC and, to the best of our ability, we will document for the prospective bidder the condition status on any lot. Condition is always a subjective evaluation and final responsibility rests with the buyer to assess the condition of any item sold by Greater London Auctions LLC .
ABSENTEE, TELEPHONE AND INTERNET BIDDING
Absentee and telephone bidding is offered as a free service to our customers and prospective bidders. Greater London Auctions LLC shall not be responsible for any errors or failures in executing bids, either absentee, telephone or via the internet.
9) ABSENTEE BIDDING. Absentee bids are accepted via mail, fax, email and on Greater London Auctions LLC website. Such bids will be posted with the time and date of arrival, with ties being awarded to the earliest bidder. Absentee bids that are faxed or emailed to Greater London Auctions LLC need to be in the office at least 2 hours before the sale begins.
An absentee bidder unknown to Greater London Auctions LLC may be required to submit a bank letter of credit prior to the auction, or, using a credit card, deposit with Greater London Auctions LLC a fee equaling 30% of the absentee bid.
All absentee bids are executed competitively by a member of the auction staff. The auction staff will try to purchase the lot for the lowest price possible and will bid up to the amount designated by the absentee bidder only if necessary. Greater London Auctions LLC does not accept "buy bids," or absentee bids which have no limit. In the event of a tie bid between a floor and an absentee bidder, the floor bid will be honored.
10) TELEPHONE BIDDING. Bidding live via the telephone is available on a first come, first served basis for those lots with a low estimate of $500 or greater. In order for Greater London Auctions LLC to efficiently serve the needs of those who wish to bid by phone, please note the following:
- To participate in the auction by telephone, potential bidders must complete and sign the absentee bid form and check "I WISH TO BID BY TELEPHONE" for the designated lots. Potential bidders may also reserve a phone line on Greater London Auctions LLC website. If faxing or emailing requests for phone bidding, they need to be in Greater London Auctions LLC office 2 hours before the sale begins. Once the auction begins, requests left on Greater London Auctions LLC website may not be retrieved by the staff.
- Telephone bidders are advised to indicate an "insurance bid," which amount will become an absentee bid, pursuant to the absentee bidding process set forth above, if Greater London Auctions LLC can not reach the bidder by telephone for a particular indicated lot.
- Telephone bidders must disable any caller ID or other call blocking mechanism.
- Greater London Auctions LLC sells about 65 lots per hour, so telephone bidders should plan accordingly. Greater london auctions LLC will attempt to reach each telephone bidder, but Greater London Auctions LLC is in no way responsible for missed calls.
11) INTERNET BIDDING. Internet bidding is available through Artfact.com. There may be terms which apply to internet bids that should be reviewed online at the time of sale. Greater London Auctions LLC is not responsible for any failure to execute a bid and shall have no liability to any bidder for any technical or other failure associated with an internet auction.
12) BIDDING INCREMENTS. The following increments are used at the auction. Absentee bids must fall within these increments. Greater London Auctions LLC will automatically reduce any absentee bid to the closest increment if the bid falls outside the published range of increments.
For Bids falling Between Bidding Increment
$0 - 299 $25
$300 - 999 $50
$1000 - 1999 $100
$2000 - 4999 $250
$5000 - 9999 $500
$10,000 - 19,999 $1,000
$20,000 - 49,999 $2,000
$50,000 - 99,999 $5,000
$100,000 + $10,000
Greater London Auctions, LLC, reserves the right to modify increments at any time during the auction.
AFTER THE AUCTION
13) BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY. Upon the fall of the hammer, title to the offered lot shall pass to the buyer and the buyer immediately assumes full risk and responsibility for the lot, including liability for loss or damage and is liable for payment of the Purchase Price (as defined below) to Greater London Auctions LLC. It is the buyer's responsibility to ask specific questions on condition related concerns prior to the auction.Greater London Auctions LLC will not rescind sales with buyers that have disputes regarding firearm's bore condition.
14) PURCHASE PRICE AND PAYMENT. The discounted "Purchase Price" for each lot shall equal the hammer price, buyer's premium, sales tax and, if applicable, all packing, handling, insurance and shipping costs. U.S. bidders may pay with cash, personal check, money order, bank check or wire transfer. Bidders outside the U. S. will be required to pay by wire transfer. Credit cards are accepted on an auction-by-auction basis - please contact the office prior to bidding in the auction to confirm payment options. Bidders unknown to Greater London Auctions LLC may be asked to provide additional personal identity or banking information. Greater London Auctions LLC reserves the right to hold a purchased lot until a check has cleared.
Please Note: A convenience charge of 2% will be reflected in the final purchase price (non-discounted) for the use of credit cards.
Buyers who are present at the auction must pay the full Purchase Price at the time of the sale. Buyers who bid by telephone or who are absentee bidders will be invoiced within 5 days after the close of the auction and must pay the full Purchase Price for each purchased lot within 10 days after the date of the auction. By signing the absentee bid form or placing a bid by telephone, an absentee bidder authorizes Greater London Auctions LLC to charge the Purchase Price for each lot for which such bidder is the successful bidder to the credit card number provided by telephone or on the absentee bid form, unless payment in full or alternative payment instruction is received within 10 days after the date of the auction. No property will be released by Greater London Auctions LLC unless the Purchase Price has been paid in full.
Institutional billing may be available, and should be arranged prior to the auction.
Greater London Auctions LLC may impose late charges of 1.5% per month (or the highest interest rate allowed) on any amount owed to Greater London Auctions LLC that remains unpaid after 30 days. Buyer shall be liable for any collection costs or attorney's fees incurred by Greater London Auctions LLC to collect payment, to the extent permitted by law.
15) SALES TAX. Buyers are required to pay any applicable state and local sales tax.
16) SHIPPING. At the request of the buyer Greater London Auctions LLC , will authorize the shipment of purchased items, which usually ship within two weeks after payment has been received. Shipment is generally made via UPS or Fed-Ex Ground. Unless buyer gives special instructions.Greater London Auctions LLC is in no way responsible for the acts or omissions of independent handlers, packers or shippers of purchased items or for any loss, damage or delay from the packing or shipping of any property.
ADVICE TO INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: Property made of or containing certain plant or animal materials, such as coral, crocodile, ivory, whalebone, baleen, tortoiseshell, etc., may require a license or certificate before exportation from the United States and importation to another country. If you are purchasing items that contain these materials, you need to check the government wildlife import requirements in the countries from which and to which the item is being shipped prior to bidding. Since the export and import licenses are independently issued by the countries of origin and destination, obtaining one does not guarantee that you can obtain the other. Purchasers are responsible for making timely payments on items won at auction, even if a license is delayed or denied.
17) SHIPPING CHARGES. Buyers are required to pay for all packing, shipping and insurance charges. Overseas duty charges are the responsibility of the successful bidder. Be aware that for larger and/or valuable items, shipping charges can be substantial.
18) REMOVAL AND STORAGE OF PROPERTY. If purchased property has not been removed, or Greater London Auctions LLC has not received shipping instructions within 21 days after the auction date, a $10 per item per day storage fee may be charged to the buyer.
19) CANCELLATION OF SALE. If purchased property remains in the custody of Greater London Auctions LLC for a period of 60 days following the auction, Greater London Auctions LLC may, at its option, cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages any payments made by the buyer, or resell the property at auction or by any other commercially reasonable means, for the account and at the risk of the buyer, and in such event, buyer shall be liable for the payment of all deficiencies plus all of Greater London Auctions LLC costs, including but not limited to storage and costs of both sales. This right of cancellation is in addition to any and all other remedies available to Greater London Auctions LLC.
Copyright © 2012 Greater London Auctions LLC.
Auction House will help arrange shipment, at buyer's expense