More About this Item
Terms and conditions
The auction shall be conducted under the supervision of C. Mollet, Huissier de Justice.
1. All items must be paid immediately. No credit shall be extended. In addition, if applicable, droit de suite shall be charged on original works of art by living artists and those who have died within the last 70 years, in the amount of 4% of the hammer price, but only on works with a hammer price of 2.000 euros or higher. For buyers physically present in the auction room and residents in Belgium, payment may be made in cash (In House Only), by cheque upon presentation of appropriate identity documents, or by bank debit card. We welcome international bidders. Payment arrangements for bidders outside of Belgium are as follows.
* For Euro Area residents: The preferred method of payment is bank transfer.
Bank name: ING
Account number: 363-0827297-24
Beneficiary name: Evelyne Morel de Westgaver
* For bidders from France and holders of accounts with French institutions, we accept cheques drawn on French banks. We reserve the right to release items only after cheques have cleared.
* For buyers from Switzerland and other countries outside the Euro Area: Paypal. All amounts over 1000 euros must be settled by international bank transfer; all bank transfer charges must be paid by the buyer.
2. Buyers shall pay a 25 % buyer's premium of the hammer price on each lot.
Any buyer claiming to be acting for or on behalf of a third party shall personally be liable for full payment of the hammer price, buyer's premium, and any and all interest, costs and charges.
3. Items shall be auctioned in the order shown in the catalogue.
4. The auctioneers reserve the right to reject any bid, at their sole discretion.
5. The auctioneers reserve the right to combine or divide any lot, at their sole discretion.
6. The auctioneers may accept absentee bids free of charge, as per standard practice, provided the Absentee Bid Form, in euros, is received no later than one day prior to the auction. Those wishing to bid by telephone must request to do so in advance, no later than the day before the auction. The auctioneers shall bear no responsibility whatsoever in the case of uncompleted calls or technical difficulties in connection with telephone services.
7. Items are as described in the catalogue and their authenticity is guaranteed against the catalogue description. Unless otherwise specified, lots comprising two or more volumes; series, collections, and periodicals; or items identified as 'n.c.', have not been collated, and no returns shall be allowed. The public exhibition provides an opportunity to determine the condition and the nature of the items; therefore, after the hammer falls, no claims whatsoever can be accepted, even in respect of the catalogue description. No items can be examined whilst the auction is in progress.
8. The auctioneers assume no responsibility for damage that may occur after the hammer falls, even if items are located in their premises. Buyers may remove purchases immediately during the auction; or on Sunday following the auction from 10.30 a.m. until 1.00 p.m.; or starting on Tuesday following,
upon appointment, at 24 rue Henri Marichal, 1050 Brussels, within five business days following the auction, subject to full payment of the price, including the premium set out in article (2) above.
9. Buyers shall bear all expenses in respect of bank charges, packing, transportation and insurance. Buyers shall bear full responsibility for packing and transportation. The auctioneers shall not be liable for any expenses, loss, claim or damage arising in connection with transportation by the Post Office or any shipping or transportation firm.
10. In the event of failure to pay, all amounts due shall bear interest at the rate of twelve percent (12%) per annum. Formal notice to pay shall be sent one month following the auction. In the absence of prompt payment, the auctioneers shall be entitled to take possession of the goods and sell them at auction, at the buyer's cost, and shall retain all revenues, premiums and charges originally due. In the event of a dispute, the Courts of Brussels shall have sole jurisdiction.
11. These Conditions of Sale are intended to prevent errors and avoid unexpected consequences for bidders. They shall be strictly adhered to; no waivers or exceptions shall be allowed. Bidders and buyers, having read and understood these Conditions of Sale prior to the auction, unreservedly and irrevocably accept them.
Items are sold "AS IS", "WHERE IS" with no guarantees of any kind (except for the authenticity of the coins).
Grading: Every person has their own opinion. It is the responsibility of the buyer to examine and grade to their own satisfaction before they bid. ABSOLUTELY NO COIN RETURNS ON THE BASIS OF GRADE. Buyers shall rely entirely on their own inspection and information.