Lot 142: Excellent Lanooy vase still life by Floris Verster
Buyer's Premium€0 - 100,000: 27.2%
Conditions of Sale
1. Items may be returned - in the same condition - if any serious defect not mentioned in the catalogue is found. Notice must be given promptly, and the item returned within 8 days of receipt. Excepted are lots comprising 3 or more works, works not mentioned in the description separately ("others"), or items marked "w.a.f." ("with all faults") or "n.s.t.r." ("not subject to return"). The auction house does not guarantee the condition of frames, glass plates and passe-partouts and shall not be liable for any damage.
2. All objects can be physically examined at the auction house or during the viewing days before the auction closes. Each bidder has ample opportunity to verify the catalogue descriptions before the auction. Therefore, any right of withdrawal on grounds other than those mentioned in paragraph 1 of these terms lapses. This means that withdrawal from sale is only possible if the description deviates substantially from the nature and/or condition of the lot in question.
3. Prices are in Euros. Bids are raised by fixed increments. Up to €100 the increment is €5, from €100 to €200 the increment is €10, from €200 to €300 the increment is €20, from €300 to €500 the increment is €25, from €500 to €1.000 the increment is €50, from €1.000 to €2.000 the increment is €100, from €2.000 to €5.000 the increment is €200, from €5.000 to €10.000 the increment is €500, and from €10.000 upwards the increment is €1.000.
4. All auction bids are binding. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser of the lot. In case of dispute, the auctioneer alone is entitled to decide on price and/or purchaser. The auctioneer has the right to refuse any bid without stating his reason.
5. Each buyer is held to buy for his own account and cannot claim any commission.
6. Winning bidders pay a buyer's premium over the hammer price plus the 3% online transaction fee charged by Invaluable. The buyer's premium is 24.2% including all taxes up to and including € 100,000; and 10% including tax of the portion of the hammer price above € 100,000.
7. The winning bidder is responsible for paying the resale royalty (droit de suite) if applicable. Droit de suite is payable to living artists or their heirs within 70 years following the death of the artist on resold artworks with a resale price [hammer price + total premium excl. VAT] of at least €3.000. The artist must be an EU national, or a national of Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway, or must be a permanent resident of the Netherlands. The royalty of 4% is to be paid on resale prices from €3.000 to €50.000; on portion of the price from € 50,000.01 to € 200,000 3% of royalties is to be paid, from € 200,000.01 to € 350,000 droit de suite is 1%, from € 350,000.01 to € 500,000 - 0.5%; above € 500,000.01 - 0.25%. Resale royalties are not subject to VAT.
8. All purchases must be paid for within two weeks of the receipt of the invoice. Property of the goods does not pass to the purchaser until the invoice has been paid in full. Any costs caused by buyers not complying with these conditions (e.g. collecting fees) will be chargeable to them. Payments are accepted by bank transfer, debit card (if paying in the office), Visa and Mastercard. All bank charges are to be paid by the buyer. Payments by credit card from outside the EU are subject to a 4% surcharge on the total invoice amount up to €1.000; on invoices from €1.000 to €2.000 the surcharge is 3%, and on amounts exceeding €2.000 a surcharge of 2,5% is applicable.
9. Shipping is at cost and risk of the purchaser. All shipments are sent through standard surface mail unless the buyer explicitly requests otherwise.
10. Buyers who wish to collect their goods must do so within two weeks of the date of the auction. All costs incurred after this period, e.g. storage, insurance, transport etc., will be charged to the buyer.
11. All images and lot descriptions appearing in the online catalogue are the property of Adams Amsterdam Auctions. They can be used freely for the promotion of the auction. Once the sale is closed, it is strictly forbidden to use them without the written permission of the auction house. All rights reserved.
12. On every purchase Dutch law only is applicable. In case of disputes in first instance the judge of the appropriate chamber in Amsterdam is exclusively competent to decide in first instance.
13. By bidding at the auction, the bidder accepts these terms and conditions of sale in full.
Payments are accepted by bank transfer, Maestro, VP, Visa, Mastercard and cash.
The auction house will ship, at the expense and risk of the buyer.
Premium & Taxes
Winning bidders pay a buyer's premium over the hammer price plus the 3% online transaction fee charged by Invaluable. The buyer's premium is 24.2% including all taxes up to and including € 100,000; and 10% including tax of the portion of the hammer price above € 100,000.