More About this Item
Buyer's Premium$0 - 9,999: 27.0%
Terms & Conditions
Greenwich Auction Terms & Conditions:
Prior to bidding, please read our terms and conditions detailed below. Greenwich Auction requires each and every bidder, whether bidding in person, on the phone, by absentee bid, or through one of our online bidding venues, i.e. LiveAuctioneers.com, Invaluable.com, AuctionZip.com or Bid Square, accepts the terms and conditions of the sale.
1. The lots listed in all catalogues will be offered by Antique Treasures LLC dba Greenwich Auction as owner or as agent for consignor(s) subject to the following terms and conditions. By bidding at the auction, whether present in person or by agent, by written bid, telephone, intent or other means, the buyer agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. All property IS SOLD AS IS, where is and without recourse, and neither the consignor(s) nor Greenwich Auction makes any representation or warranties, express or implied, with respect to size, count, weight, style, authenticity, provenance, period material, manufacturer, artist, origin copyright or reproduction right or any other warranty except as specified below on any lot sold. All measurements and weights are approximate. All glassware is sold as is; we cannot check every piece for chips. Greenwich Auction is not responsible for damage of glass covering paintings, drawings, and other works or frames, regardless of cause. Greenwich Auction will not guarantee the authenticity of any signature unless so stated at the time of auction. We will only guarantee the medium in which the particular work is executed. We are not responsible for typographical errors of descriptions either in the catalog or on the internet.
3. The catalogue listings are meant as a descriptive guide only. Greenwich Auction encourages all potential bidders to preview our items in person, we hold several days of previews before each auction. Further photographs, condition reports and in hand evaluations are available upon request. Preview days are listed on the website www.greenwichauction.net.
4. All sales are final. No returns. No exceptions.
5. Greenwich Auction reserves the right to withdraw, combine, or divide any lot at its sole discretion prior to the commencement of bidding.
6. A Buyer's Premium will be added to the hammer price of each lot sold.
The purchase price payable by the buyer shall be the sum of the final bid plus a buyer?s premium of 23%, discounted to 20% for payments by cash, check, or money order received within 5 days of the given auction.
Live Auctioneers buyer's premium is 25%, discounted to 23% for payment by cash, check, or money order received within 5 days after the given auction.
Invaluable.com (and any of their affiliated web sites) buyers premium is 27%, discounted to 25% for payment by cash, check, or money order received within 5 business days.
7. Payment is due within 5 business days of a given auction.
Acceptable forms of payment include:
Cash, check, money order, wire, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard and Discover subject to a 3% credit card processing fee.
Please contact Greenwich Auction via email at [email protected] for wiring instructions. Wire fees are $30.
Credit card payments by phone are accepted at the discretion of Greenwich Auction up to $5,000 only and only on U.S. issued credit cards. All other bidders must use check or money order. We recommend establishing check approval ahead of time for larger purchases, as goods may be held until funds clear.
8. All purchases are subject to 6.35% Connecticut sales tax. Resale tax numbers from all states are accepted, but the resale tax form must be completely filled out and received prior to time of purchase.
9. A small percentage of lots may have a reserve price, which is the confidential minimum price below which such lots will not be sold. No reserve will exceed the low estimate of the lot. Reserves are agreed upon between consignors and Greenwich Auction.
10. All lots are sold to the highest bidder. The auctioneer has the right to not accept any bid! Bidding maybe reopened at the auctioneer's discretion. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any item and to re-offer the item at any other time. The auctioneer may execute bids on behalf of absentee bidders and on behalf of consignors up to a reserve price. In the event of a dispute between bidders, the auctioneer has the final discretion to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer the lot in dispute. If any dispute arises after a sale, the Greenwich Auction sale record shall be conclusive.
11. Employees of Greenwich Auction are not prohibited from bidding. It is possible, that through their employment, they may have access to information not available to the public.
12. No auction lot may be removed during the sale or at any time until the full purchase price has been paid. All lots must be paid and removed within 30 days after the auction at the Purchaser?s expense or they are subject to a storage fee of $10.00 per lot, per day. Greenwich Auction will not be held responsible for loss or damage to items left on premises over 30 business days. Greenwich Auction reserves the right to re-auction, without reserve, items not removed or not paid for within 30 days.
13. Greenwich Auction reserves the right to hold goods until Purchaser?s check clears our bank. Returned checks are subject to a $50.00 service charge.
14. A Finance Fee of 1% per month will be added to unpaid balances beginning 30 days after the auction.
15. International buyers should be aware that certain countries do not allow the importation of items containing materials made from endangered species. This includes, but is not limited to, coral and tortoise shell. It is the buyer's responsibility to check the relevant import and custom regulations prior to bidding.
16. Greenwich Auction is generally not responsible for shipping. All shipping is to be arranged and paid by successful bidders. Greenwich Auction will provide Purchasers with a list of recommended shippers available on www.greenwichauction.net.
If for any cause a purchased lot cannot be delivered in the condition it was in at the time of sale, or should any purchased lot be stolen or lost prior to delivery/pick-up, Greenwich Auction shall not be liable for any amount in excess of that paid by the purchaser. We are not responsible for the acts of omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. Packing and handling of purchased lots by us is at the entire risk of the Purchaser and Greenwich Auction will have no liability for any loss or damage to such items.
17. Auction items are not available for pick up until after the purchaser receives an invoice.
18. All invoices, documents, contracts and conditions are governed by the laws and judicial system of the State of Connecticut.
We do not ship ourselves, we recommend local outlets of The Packaging Store (203)329-0301 email: [email protected] and The UPS Store, Greenwich, CT (203-622-1114, e-mail address [email protected])for both pick-up and shipping. Eco-Tristate Ship & Move 646 302-0604 email: [email protected]