More About this Item
conditions of business
1. The auction will be conducted under the supervision of Philippe Willems, Bailiff, Gistelsesteenweg 418, 8200 Brugge-Sint-Andries.
2. Payment of the Purchase Price is due immediately after the sale in cash. Payments can be done via Bancontact. The additional fee for payment by Paypal is 5% of the total amount of the invoice.
3. The buyers will pay a buyer's premium of 24 % on the last bid, including V.A.T. and fees relating to the auction. Successful bids via INVALUABLE will be charged with an extra 5%. Eventually plus the resale tax, if applicable: 4 % for hammer prices from 2000 euros on, only for original art and if the author died less than 70 years ago.
4. In case of a dispute, the lot will immediately be called again.
5. During the exhibition of the books the candidate buyers will be able to verify the condition of the books and prints. The books and prints cannot be returned for any reason after the fall of the hammer. If the auctioneer has executed a written bid on behalf of the buyer (see section 7), the buyer has to verify the books and prints within 2 weeks after the fall of the hammer. After this period the books and prints cannot be returned for any reason.
6. Books designated "nc" are not collated and will be sold without guarantee even as lots of 2 or more titles, series and periodicals.
7. The auctioneer will execute written bids on behalf of those candidate buyers who are unable to attend the auction. The bids instructions have to reach the auctioneer no later than the last day before the auction. They have to state the maximum prices in euro and they should be in writing. In the event of identical bids, the earliest received will take precedence. Bidding by telephone will only be accepted for items estimated higher than 250 euros. The auctioneer cannot be held responsible for any problem due to difficulties with telephone connections. The auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to refuse any bid.
8. Bids are raised by approximately 10%, i.e. till €120 with €10, from € 120-400 with €20, from €400-1.000 with €50, from €1.000-2.000 with €100 etc. Written bids will accordingly be rounded off to the nearest high bid (€65 becomes €70, €420 becomes €450).
9. The buyers can take delivery of the books immediately after the auction or Monday and Tuesday March 13th and 14th, Groeninge 34, 8000 Bruges from 10 am till 12 am and from 2 pm until 6 pm. Or later by appointment.
10. The goods will only be shipped after payment of the full price. Risks and costs of the shipment will be born by the buyer.
11. If full payment has not been made after one month, the auctioneer can rescind the sale of the lot(s) at any other auction. All charges being at the expense of the defaulting buyer.
12. The Courts of Bruges are to have exclusive jurisdiction to settle all disputes arising in connection with all aspects of all matters or transactions to which these Conditions of Business relate or apply.
Visa, Mastercard cards are subject to a 2,5% service fee (both for debit and credit cards).
If any: all fees should be handled by the buyer's discretion.
Unless otherwise specified, storage fees at a minimum of CHF 30 per month and per object will be charged for any lot that has not been collected by the buyer within 8 days following the auction. These lots will be sent into storage at the expense and risk of the buyer. The buyer expressly agrees that the unclaimed lot becomes the property of Hôtel des Ventes and authorises the resale as soon as storage costs exceed the price of the low estimate (in the buyer's case) or the reserve price (in the vendor's case).