More About this Item
Buyer's Premium$1 - 1,999: 27.0%
$2,000 - 4,999: 25.0%
$5,000 - 10,000: 23.0%
Terms and Conditions
PLEASE NOTE THAT CHRISTMAS IS RIGHT AFTER AUCTION AND OUR OFFICE WILL RE-OPEN AFTER AUCTION ON DECEMBER 28 AND CLOSED ON DECEMBER 23-27.
***IMPORTANT - INVOICES WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL DECEMBER 28 AT THE EARLIEST. THANK YOU.***
1. This is a live/mail/telephone consignment auction.
2. All items are original, and unconditionally guaranteed. We have over 40 years of experience in the field and will make every effort to insure accuracy of descriptions and condition.
3. Reserve bids are the MINIMUM amount that will be accepted for an item. MAIL-IN BIDS FOR BOTH FRIDAY AND SATURDAY'S AUCTION MUST BE RECEIVED BY THURSDAY, THE DAY BEFORE THE AUCTION, TO ASSURE ALL BIDS ARE ENTERED.
4. Bidder's limit. Bidder's wishing to set a maximum amount spent, may do so by listing (in order of preference) the items desired, along with the total amount to be spent. This amount does not include the buyer's premium and shipping costs.
5. NEW MAIL BIDDERS MUST include a deposit equal to 10% of the total amount of their bid.
6. Mail and left bids will be held in confidence. Regardless of the amount of your bid, we will start with the minimum reserve bid and bid for you in normal increments.
7. Winning mail bids will be calculated at 5% above the second highest bid. Example: Your bid is $200, the second highest bid is $100, therefore, you are the successful bidder at $105. However, if your bid is the reserve amount and is the sole bid, you are the successful bidder at the reserve price.
8. Winning floor bids will be determined by the increments established by the auctioneer.
9. Tie mail bids will be decided in favor of the earliest received bid.
10. We reserve the right to refuse any and all bids from individuals who have proved to be unreliable or in our opinion are not serious in their auction participation.
11. A buyer premium will be charged to all successful bidders for items with a reserved bid of: (a) Under $2,000 - 27%; (b) $2,000 - 4,999.99 - 25%; (c) $5,000 - 9,999.99 - 23%; (d) Over $10,000 - 21%.
12. New York State residents must also pay an additional state sales tax determined by county of residence.
13. Invoicing. Successful bidders will be notified AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (likely 7-10 days after auction due to shipping calculations/guidelines) following the auction and all catalog subscribers will also receive a prices realized list. This is a long, tedious process, we thank you for your patience. Unsold lots may be purchased at the reserve price plus the buyer's premium.
14. Payment must be received no later than 3 weeks from the date of the invoice. (FOREIGN BUYERS WILL BE ALLOWED 4 WEEKS.) Money orders, bank drafts and certified checks will receive immediate attention. Checks may take up to 3 weeks to clear. Also note that we now accept all major credit cards.
15. FOREIGN BUYERS. We accept payment as above plus CHECKS IN U.S. DOLLARS drawn on U.S. banks. PLEASE DO NOT send checks in U.S. dollars drawn on foreign banks.
16. Successful bidders are responsible for all shipping costs. All items will be shipped first class or registered mail. Individuals preferring UPS shipments do so at their own risk, as the local UPS office tells us that they will not pay claims on antique militaria.
17. IF PAYMENTS ARE RECEIVED AFTER 3 WEEKS - BUYERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED A RETURN PRIVILEGE.
18. Refund on returned goods will be made only if material is placed in the mail within two days of receipt and in the same condition as when sent. Items that are damaged, cleaned or altered in any way will not be accepted and become the property of the buyer. Items listed as reproductions are not allowed a return privilege.
19. SUCCESSFUL BIDDERS WHO ATTEND THE AUCTION WILL NOT BE ALLOWED A RETURN PRIVILEGE. Items should be inspected prior to the auction and only bid on if the individual is satisfied with condition, etc. Once an item is sold to a bidder who is present (or his/her representative) it becomes his/her property and the sale is FINAL.
20. NO RETURN PRIVILEGE ON ANY ITEMS STATED AS "REPRODUCTIONS". SOLD AS-IS. NO REFUNDS.
21. Individuals who do not honor their bid commitments or FAIL to pay for items won in auction, will be banned from participating in future auctions and reported to Dunn and Bradstreet as well as their local credit bureau
We offer in house packing and shipping via USPS Mail. We will calculate shipping charges and send invoices (we charge as close to actual shipping as possible). Please note this is difficult if someone purchases a helmet and a stein for example and takes time. Thank you for your patience.