More About this Item
Conditions of Sale
Bonino Casa di Vendite (www.gioiellidicarta.it)
1. Structure and responsibilities
1. We have an administrative seat in North Italy (Gaglianico, Via Repubblica 13) and an operative seat in Rome (Via Filippo Civinini 21). We are fiscally registered in Italy (PI 01996170021) and authorized by the Italian Interior Ministry, according to the general requirements of the Italian Law on public safety ("Testo Unico di Pubblica Sicurezza").
2. In our business, we act under a restrictive Regulation, which is accessible on our website www.gioiellidicarta.it, or can be provided to anyone who requests it: the rules are imperative and can be disregarded only for specific reasons, that will be communicated to Bidders during the sale. Participation in the sale implies to fully accept the Regulation and those exceptions.
3. Bonino Casa di Vendite acts as Agent on behalf of the Owner of a work of art for selling. The Agent neither purchases rights, nor does he undertake obligations on his own account. Every responsibility remains with the Owner (art. 1476 and following ones of the Italian civil code).
2. Authenticity, legitimate provenance, licence to export and warranties
1. The lots are sold "as they are" including any faults and defects present when adjudication is made.
2. All lots will be exhibited in Rome (Rechburg and Betzkoj Associates, Via Filippo Civinini 37, int. 4, T. 0039 06.8075228), and they will be visible by appointment, from the moment of publication of the catalogue, in working hours (from Monday to Friday, from 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and from 2.30 p.m. to 6 p.m.). During the exhibition of the works a manager of Bonino Casa di Vendite will be available to respond to any query either in person, by e-mail or phone. The purpose of the exhibition is to give the opportunity to closely examine the state of preservation of the objects and to clarify any errors and/or inaccuracies that may have been made in the catalogue and/or the advertisement.
3. After the adjudication, no complaint will be accepted save for what is provided for in point 3, 6.
4. All work over fifty years old are subject to the relative protection-related regulations. In particular, such works cannot be transported outside the Italian territory without the certificate of free circulation released by the competent authority. The cost of the issue of the free circulation certificates and/or export license will be borne by the Buyer. Any delay or impossibility in the release of any licence does not constitute a cause for the resolution, cancellation or nullity of the sale, nor does it justify the delayed payment by the Buyer. We underline that the Italian State could forbid exportation.
5. All lots are sold with declaration of legitimate provenance and our certificate of authenticity.
3. Bidding and winning
1. The sale process works as follows:
- As soon as the catalogue is available, customers have two opportunities:
a) immediately buy objects through a bid of twice the low estimate.
b) participate to the public sale by submitting a written bid (absentee bid) of, at least, half of the low estimate. Bids may be submitted by coming to the saleroom, online (through our web site or Artfact) or by telephone.
- Bidders may submit bids by letter to be received by Bonino Casa di Vendite at the address of Rechburg and Betzkoj, or by fax (+39 06.40041969) or by e-mail ([email protected]) within 3 hours before the beginning of the public sale.
- Please remember this is a live auction. Just because you have left an absentee bid for a certain amount does not mean you will ultimately win the item if it is sold at that amount. Our auctioneer takes bids from all parties including live floor Bidders, phone, and on-line Bidders.
- If only one bid exists, corresponding or above the low estimate, the lot is awarded to the low estimate. If there are more than one bid, the two best bids are selected and the item is awarded to the Bidder which has proposed the best bid of all, at a sum as the second best bid plus a maximum increase of 10% (i.e. if the best bid of all is 3,000 Euro and the second best is 2,000 Euro, the lot is awarded to the Bidder who has offered 3,000 Euro at maximum 2,200 Euro).
2. The starting bid is expressed in Euro and will be the half of the low estimate given at the foot of the description of each lot. Bids must be at least at the starting price. In case of a bid for the same amount prevails the bid which arrived before.
3. Any winning Bidder has to pay to Bonino Casa di Vendite an auction fee equal to the 25% of the winning bid, over the same winning bid.
4. The day working day after the auction, Bonino Casa di Vendite will transmit to Buyers invoices related to the bought lots. Invoice is VAT included for the lot and VAT added for the commission. Buyers will pay within 5 working days after the sale. The lot will be picked up by the Buyer within 45 days from received payment. Upon adjudication the Buyer will pay the price, the rights and anything else, either in cash, by bank transfer, money order or VISA-Mastercard credit cards.
5. Once payment has been settled, the items sold can be collected by the Buyer at his care and risk or they can be sent by express courier service. Bonino Casa di Vendite is authorized not to deliver what has been adjudicated if the payment of the amount due has not been paid in full. The shipping and packaging costs will be borne by the Buyer.
6. Any complaint as to the exactness of the attributions indicated in the auction catalogue must be raised by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt to be sent within and not beyond 15 days from the adjudication date. Should the complaint be found to be groundless upon the documentation that must in any case be produced at the care and expense of the highest Bidder, Bonino Casa di Vendite only obligation will be that of repaying the amounts already received, without interest, against the return of the items adjudicated, without any further compensation obligations on whatever basis.
Buyers participating through the web have the right to rescind the sale for a period of forty-eight (48) hours from the date the Property is received by the Buyer, if the physical condition of Property materially differs from what was described in the Information or if the description is, in any material respect, inaccurate. The Buyer provides such notice within forty-eight hours following receipt of Property and returns the Property to Bonino Casa di Vendite promptly in the same conditions it was sold in two weeks.
As agent, Bonino Casa di Vendite, cannot be held liable for the attributions and expertise relative to the items hammered.
1. Only the Italian version of the Regulation, approved and kept by the Italian Interior Ministry, is valid.
2. Failure to comply with the above terms will entitle Bonino Casa di Vendite to demand fulfilment.
3. The participants in the sale declare that any controversy deriving herefrom will be deferred exclusively to the competence of the Court of Rome, thus contextually accepting the exclusive Italian jurisdiction.
4. The Buyer declares that under art. 23 of Italian law decree No. 196 of 30.06.2003 he/she gives his/her consent to the transmission of his/her personal data and also acknowledges receipt of the information as per art. 13 of law decree No. 196 of 30.06.2003.
BID INCREMENT TABLE
From €0 to €99 : €10
From €100 to €499 : €50
From €500 to €999 : €100
From €1,000 to €3,999 : €200
From €4,000 to €19,999 : €500
From €20,000 to €49,999 : €1,000
€50,000 + : €5,000
During the auction, the Director of sales may gather or separate the lots. As Agent he/she may perform all the activities necessary to better perform the agency.
The Buyer's premium is 25% of the winning bid. The sum includes VAT.
Bonino Casa di Vendite does not ship, but will help arranging shipment, at Buyer's expense.
The Buyer will pay the price, the rights and anything else, either in cash, by bank transfer, money order or VISA–Mastercard credit cards.
The shipping and packaging costs will be borne by the Buyer. Bonino Casa di Vendite does not ship, but will help arranging shipment, at Buyer's expense.
Any winning Bidder has to pay to Bonino Casa di Vendite an auction fee equal to the 25% of the winning bid, over the same winning bid.