More About this Item
BBW Auktionen: Terms and Conditions
1. The items are sold on behalf and for the account of thirdparties.
2. The buyer shall pay a buyer's premium of 20 % of the hammer price per lot. For successful internet live bidders there
is an additional fee of 5 %.
3. In each case, value-added tax amounting to 7,7% shall be payable on the buyer's premium. In the case of items which
are indicated with "*" in the catalogue or on a supplementary sheet (or which are referred to accordingly during the auction),
VAT shall also be charged on the hammer price. If these items are exported abroad, the buyer shall be refunded the VAT, if
he produces a legally valid export declaration bearing the original stamp of the Swiss customs office for the relevant object
4. Each lot is sold with all the faults and imperfections set out in the description and the auction house declines any responsibility, both for itself and for the seller, for authenticity, age, origin, condition and quality. Catalogue descriptions and writ- ten
or verbal statements are deemed to be statements of opinion and not a statement of facts. It is assumed that buyers shall
satisfy themselves of the authenticity, condition, etc, of the items prior to the auction, when they are on display.
5. It is solely up to the auctioneer's discretion to offer items separately or to offer two or more items together, to withdraw
items, to reject bids, and to basically determine the course of the auction. The auctioneer reserves the right to bid himself, in
order to preserve buying orders, his own buying intentions and/or selling limits.
6. The lot shall be won by the highest bidder. In the event of disputes, the auctioneer shall immediately offer the item or
7. If the reserve price is not reached, the lot shall not be knocked down to anybody on the fall of the hammer, and the
item shall be passedover.
8. The payment is to be made to the auction house's bank account.
9. Bids from customers who are not personally known to the auction house may be rejected, if the customer has not
previ- ously provided the auction house with an adequate deposit or a bank reference. The auction house is entitled to reject
10. The auction house insists that all bidders use a number instead of their name whenbidding.
11. Bidders who do not attend the auction in person may leave their bids in writing with the auction house. The prices
indi- cated on the relevant auction forms do not include the buyer's premium and other charges. Amendments can only be
submitted in writing and no later than the day before the auction.
12. Bids are usually made during the auction in person and directly by means of a clear announcement to the auctioneer.
Bidding orders (in the event that the bidder cannot attend the auction in person) must be submitted in writing (or by post
or by fax) at the latest 24 hours before the auction starts and must be judged by the auction house to be clear and complete.
Any additional conditions attached by the bidder shall be invalid. Telephone bidders, only a limited number of which are
permitted at the discretion of the auction house, shall also notify the auction house of all details in writing (personal
particulars, accessibility by telephone, numbers of interest, etc.) no later than 24 hours prior to the start of the auction. The
telephone bidders agree to the auction house being allowed to record the bid submitted by telephone and/ or the
corresponding telephone call. Any liability of the auction house for both written bids as well as telephone bids and online bids
13. The title and the risk shall pass to the buyer on the fall of the hammer. The items bought at auction cannot either be
disposed of, nor can they be collected or taken away, prior to the end of the auction. Payment and collection shall be effected
within seven days at the buyer's risk. If payment is not effected within seven days of the purchase, default interest of 1%
per month shall be payable. The buyer shall assume the entire risk for all items which are not collected, and shall pay a
storage fee of at least CHF 10 per lot and day after two weeks. If the goods are not collected by the buyer in person, written
authority shall be required. On request, the auction house shall also instruct a carrier and arrange delivery of the items. All
of the associated costs for packaging, transportation, customs and insurance shall be borne by the buyer.
14. If payment is not made or is not made on time, the auctioneer may either demand the fulfilment of the contract of sale
or cancel the winning bid at any time without setting a further deadline. It is agreed that the auction house shall have a right
of retention and pledge regarding all of the assets in the possession of the auction house or of a company affiliated with the
latter, until payment of all the amounts due (arising from any transaction whatsoever, in particular the hammer price, buyer's
premium, VAT, costs and any default interest) has been made in full. Payment by cheque shall only be deemed to have been
made when the payment has been credited to the auction house's bank account.
15. Everyone entering the showrooms and auction rooms does so at their own risk. The auction house cannot be held
liable for any injuries or accidents.
16. Each visitor is liable for any damage caused by him to thelots.
17. These terms and conditions are part of each individual bid and the contract of sale concluded by the auction house.
Amendments shall only be valid in writing.
18. The seller accepts the applicability of Swiss law and the selection of jurisdiction inBasel-Stadt.
19. Only the German version of these auction terms and conditions shall prevail.
20. The auctioneers in charge are: Georges de Bartha (Geneva), Nicolas Beurret (Basel), Emmanuel Bailly (Basel) and
Markus Schoeb (St. Gallen).
21. Auction management: Gantbeamtung Basel-Stadt (Basel-Stadt Auction Management)
SPECIAL CONDITIONS FOR ONLINE AUCTIONS
22. Like the online live bidding, the online auction will be conducted through the online auction platform of Invaluable LLC.
By using this website or the Internet-based participation in auctions via the online auction platform, the bidder confirms that
he/she is aware of and accepts the general terms and conditions of Beurret Bailly Widmer Auktionen AG (hereinafter referred
to as "BBW").
23. The same terms and conditions of live auctions also apply to online auctions, see paragraphs 1-21, with the following
24. For each auctioned item, the buyer shall pay a premium of 20% on the hammer price in connection with an
online purchase; in case of online purchases, this premium shall be increased by 5 % as a fee for the use of the online
auction platform (this equals a total premium of 25% on the hammer price (excl. VAT)).
25. For payments made by credit card, an additional fee of between 3% and 4% shall be charged to the total amount
of the invoice (and will also be debited to the credit card). Crecit card payments are only accepted for purchases at online
26. For online auctions, bids can only be submitted via the online auction platform after prior registration at bbw-auktionen.
com or directly at invaluable.com. Bidders may submit their bids for objects in the online auction catalogue during the entire
bidding period, providing they have a valid registration with the online auction platform. Auction bids submitted in any other
form (i.e. by e-mail, fax or postal service) cannot be considered.
27. It is at the sole discretion of BBW to refuse an application or registration or to exclude a bidder from participation in
an online auction.
28. The highest bid in the online auction will be accepted, resulting in a binding contract of purchase between the seller
and the buyer.
29. Neither the bidder nor the buyer have any right of revocation, not towards the seller and not towards BBW.
30. The server for online and live auctions of Invaluable LLC is hosted in the USA. In case of bidding limits being set and
in the event of a dispute being opened, the data will again be transmitted to the invaluable server separately from the registration process.
32. BBW is not liable for the failure of its website, individual website functions or malfunctions or those of the online auction
platform invaluable.com. In particular, BBW shall not be liable for any technical problems due to which bids are not,
incorrectly or late transmitted.
After the end of the auction you will receive an invoice for the lots you won. You have the possibility to pay by bank transfer or credit card.
For payments made by credit card, an additional fee of between 3% and 4% shall be charged to the total amount of the invoice (and will also be debited to the credit card). Crecit card payments are only accepted for purchases at online auctions.
If the Auction House does not receive payment within the stated period, bidder credit cards may be charged. Credit card fees between 3 and 4% will also be charged to the bidder's account.
Sold objects can be collected at our premises after receipt of payment. We kindly ask for a short notification in advance to avoid waiting times.
If your objects are to be picked up by another person, this person needs a letter of authority issued by you.
In each case, value-added tax amounting to 7,7% shall be payable on the buyer's premium. In the case of items which are indicated with "*" in the catalogue or on a supplementary sheet (or which are referred to accordingly during the auction), VAT shall also be charged on the hammer price. If these items are exported abroad, the buyer shall be refunded the VAT, if he produces a legally valid export declaration bearing the original stamp of the Swiss customs office for the relevant object of purchase.