Contract Information: WARRANTY INFORMATION
1) Thomaston Place Auction Galleries makes every attempt to uphold the highest standards in the auction industry. Our goal to consistently deliver the highest level of products and services to our customers. Our catalog descriptions represent what we have deemed appropriate to identify each object.
2) It is the bidder's responsibility to inspect, research, and determine the authenticity of all items on which bids are placed. Determination of age, materials, condition, quality, authenticity, classification, purported history and perceived value, regardless of what is written or said by TPAG, are the sole responsibility of the bidder/buyer.
3) If you believe an item is incorrectly portrayed in our catalog, DO NOT BID ON IT.
4) Items may be considered for return under very specific conditions as outlined below:
a. In the event we have made a significant attribution or disclosure of restoration error, such that the bidder has cause to be damaged as a result, we will review under the following circumstances:
i. The buyer must have paid for and taken possession of the item.
ii. The buyer must, at his/ her own expense, have the item reviewed by an independent party who is approved by TPAG, and is a recognized expert within the field of the item in question.
iii. The expert must provide a written report with specific and detailed reasons as to why the item is not as it was represented to be. The written report must be submitted to TPAG.
iv. The timeline for this process is 30 days from the date of the auction. In the event a committee or review board must convene to review the item, TPAG must be notified in order to extend the time beyond the 30 day limit. Otherwise, after 30 days, ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
v. Once TPAG has accepted the ruling of the expert/s, the buyer is to return the item to TPAG at buyer's expense. In order to be eligible for a refund, the item must be returned in the same condition it was when it left our possession. Upon return of the item, TPAG will inspect the item, in order to make this determination.
vi. In the event a refund is issued, an administrative processing fee of 3% will be deducted from the refund. The refund will be in the same form as the payment of the original transaction.
5) Stamps and Coins: All sales are final. There are no returns for any reason.
BREACH OF PURCHASE
1) If the buyer fails to pay the total purchase price for all items for which he/she was the highest bidder within 30 days from the auction date, TPAG may exercise any and all legal remedies including but not limited to;
a. Retaining the services of a collection agency with any collection fees being charged to the buyer.
b. Reoffering the bidder's items at auction without reserve and holding the buyer responsible for any deficiencies and processing fees.
c. Reporting the buyer's name to any auction firm that inquires regarding creditworthiness.
d. Restricting the buyer from future bidding at TPAG.
2) All returned checks will be assessed a $25.00 processing fee.
Buyer's Premium: An 18% buyer's premium will be added to the total sale price.
Payment Information: PAYMENT
1) Successful live bidders are expected to pay in full for all purchases immediately following the auction, including hammer price, buyer's premium and applicable sales tax.
2) Successful absentee, phone, and online bidders will be notified of their purchases by email, phone, fax, or regular mail within 5 business days of the auction. Payment is due upon receipt of notification. Payment for packing and shipping is covered under the "Shipping" section.
3) All payments must be in US Dollars.
4) We accept payments in cash, by personal, business, bank or cashier's check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or PayPal. Wire transfers may be arranged upon request. Payments in excess of $50,000 must be made by wire transfer unless otherwise approved. For International payments in excess of $5,000, wire transfers are the preferred method of payment.
5) In the event payment in full is not received within 15 days from the date of the auction, any outstanding amounts will be charged to the credit card on file.
6) No items will leave TPAG until payment arrangements are finalized.
7) TPAG reserves the right to hold all merchandise until payments clear our bank.
1) Shipping and packing arrangements and expenses are the responsibility of the buyer.
2) Our contracted shipper is Global Packing & Shipping (GPS). Payment for their services is made directly to GPS.
Global Packing & Shipping
25 Washington Street
Camden, ME 04843
Phone: 207-596-2926 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) The buyer is asked to contact GPS directly for pre- or post- auction delivery quotes. You will need to provide the date of auction, lot number(s), the zip code where items are to be delivered, as well as any special delivery instructions.
4) Any damage or delivery issues (regardless of any assistance offered by TPAG) will be between the buyer and GPS or other shipper chosen by the buyer.
5) Shipping will occur after all payments have been made. Please contact the shipper for shipping and tracking information.
6) Shipments will be insured for the full purchase price unless other coverage is requested.
7) Customers may make their own arrangements with a shipper other than GPS; however, there may be sales tax implications (see "Sales Tax" section). Your items will be release for shipping once full payment is received
8) Items left at TPAG for more than 30 days after the date of the auction will be subject to a storage fee of $10 per day/per item unless prior arrangements have been made.
9) The inability to find an acceptable shipping option is NOT a reason for non-payment of an item's full purchase price.
10) TPAG will not alter any catalog descriptions, or declare less than the full purchase price on any international customs paperwork. All international customs documents and costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
11) Those who choose to pick up their property from TPAG following the sale are requested to call 24 hours in advance to make arrangements.
Taxes on your purchase: SALES TAX
View full terms and conditions
1) The State of Maine sales tax will be assessed on all purchases except when:
a. Buyers provide a copy of a valid state-issued resale certificate. The business type must pertain to the item/s being purchased. Or;
b. Buyers are shipping item/s outside the State of Maine by GPS, our contracted shipper, or with arrangements made by TPAG.
2) IMPORTANT NOTE: If the buyer makes shipping arrangements with a shipper other than GPS, or if item/s are picked up at our facility by either the buyer or a designated proxy, the buyer must pay sales tax as required by Maine law.