Sign up to get notified when similar items are available.
THE SECOND UNITED STATES CUSTOMS HOUSE, NEW ORLEANS oil on canvas 38in. by 30"in. (96.5cm. by 78.1cm.) Painted circa 1844-48. On original stretchers with contemporary gilded frame The second United States Customs House was completed in 1819 by the architect Benjamin Bussion and replaced the first U.S. Customs house designed by Benjamin Latrobe. It was demolished in 1848 to make way for the building which still occupies the site.