More About this Item
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Buyers - Sale Terms & Conditions
1. Buyers premium of 20% on the hammer price plus VAT at 20% is payable on all lots. (The VAT rate may alter and will be levied at the appropriate rate.) Lots purchased via www.the-saleroom.com or www.liveauctioneers.com will incur an additional 3% charge www.artfact.com will incur a 5% charge plus VAT at 20%.
2. Payment of all bought lots must be made within 21 days following the sale. Hannams Auctioneers reserves the right to cancel any sale after this period, or where he deems it to be in the Sellers best interests, at the Auctioneers discretion.
3. Hannams Auctioneers will not release goods to any buyer in the saleroom, until cheques have been cleared. A period of five working days will be needed to clear the cheques, and a period of 2 days for bank transfers.
4. Lots may be cleared during sale days, however a paid invoice must be produced to a member of staff, payments can be made to cashiers in the Accounts Department.
5. Lots may also be cleared after the sale has concluded, Full ownership of a lot purchased shall not pass to the buyer until full payment has been made to the Auctioneer of 'the total amount due'.
6. Free storage of all lots will be provided for five working days following the sale, after this time has elapsed, a storage charge of £5.00 plus VAT per lot per day will be levied, and must be paid upon collection of the items.
7. Bidding (a) Paddles: Any perspective buyers are asked to complete a paddle registration card prior to the auction, a full address and form of identification will be requested at this time. When a buyer is successful he/she will hold the paddle aloft and the auctioneer will record the paddle number as the buyer of the lot(b) For customers unable to attend the auction they may leave an Absentee bid with the auctioneer, also known as a Commission or Written bid. We are happy to execute these bids on your behalf and will purchase the lot as cheaply as possible, other bids and reserves permitting. Forms are available in the saleroom during the viewing period and in the back of the catalogue. Once completed can be returned to the auctioneers office. Absentee and telephone bids are offered as a free service and at the buyer's risk, we cannot accept liability for any failure to place such bids. Lots will be purchased by the auctioneers on behalf of the commission bidders as cheaply as is allowed by other bids and/or reserves if any. Buy bids are not permitted by the auctioneer. the auctioneers cannot accept responsibility for any neglect or default in executing or failing to execute commission bids.(c) The auctioneers reserves the right to re-offer any lot in the case of a dispute. The bidding increments will be at the sole discretion of the auctioneer.
8. Whilst we seek to describe lots accurately, it may be impractical for us to carry out exhaustive due diligence on each lot. Prospective buyers are given ample opportunities to view and inspect before any sale and they (and any independent experts on their behalf) must satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of any description applied to a lot. Prospective buyers also bid on the understanding that, inevitably, representations or statements by us as to authorship, genuineness, origin, date, age, provenance, condition or estimated selling price involve matters of opinion. We undertake that any such opinion shall be honestly and reasonably held. .Subject to the foregoing neither we the auctioneer nor our employees or agents nor the seller accept liability for the correctness of such opinions and all conditions and warranties, whether relating to description, condition or quality of lots, express, implied or statutory, are hereby excluded.
Liability of Auctioneers and Sellers Goods sold are not new and all goods are sold with all faults and imperfections and errors of description. Illustrations in the catalogue are for identification only.(a) Buyers should prior to the sale satisfy themselves as to the condition of each lot and whether or not in their own judgment the lot accords with the description.(b) Neither the Auctioneers the seller or their servants are responsible for cataloguing errors or for the authenticity of any lot and(c) The Auctioneers the seller or their servants and agents give no warranty whatsoever other than hereinafter contained to any buyer in respect of any lot and any express or implied conditions or warranties are hereby excluded. For UK based and International buyers, any disputes over an item are to be made known to the saleroom within 28 days of purchase, we offer a no return policy under any circumstances after this time period. (d) Any lot which proves to be a deliberate forgery may be returned to the Auctioneer within 28 days of the relevant auction provided that it is in the same condition as when bought. If the Auctioneer is satisfied from the evidence presented by you that the lot is a deliberate forgery, the Auctioneer shall refund the price paid by you for the lot including any buyer's premium. The Auctioneer shall not have any liability for any consequential loss suffered by you (whether as buyer or seller or otherwise) as a result of the lot being a deliberate forgery.
9. Where a member of the public causes damage to a Lot (or part thereof) the Auctioneer reserves the right to:(a) sell the aforementioned without reserve and to hold that specific individual liable for the amount of any difference between the hammer price and the reserve or lower estimate whichever might be higher or (b) for the cost of the restoration where appropriateor (iii) for the full amount of the reserve price or lower estimate which ever be the higher Note: that with the exception of Condition 10(c) title to the Lot will remain solely with the seller.
You may pay with cash up to £10,000, cheque (only accepted upon prior arrangement), credit and debit cards, wire transfer or bankers draft. Please note a handling fee of 2% is payable on all Credit card transactions. Debit cards are no extra charge. Credit or Debit card payments must be made in person unless prior arrangements have been agreed upon. For further details contact the office. You must pay for your purchase immediately following the sale. All funds must be cleared before goods are released for collection or delivery.
Our recommended companies for national or internationally delivery of items are Mailboxes Guildford and Essential Address. They will be happy to provide you with a quote for packing and shipping. Customers are invited to contact Mailboxes or Essential Address directly, or if you prefer, we can request this on your behalf.
Essential Address 01276 684 840 or [email protected] or essentialaddress.com/hannams
Mailboxes Guildford 01483 453131 or [email protected]
Liability of Auctioneers and Sellers Goods sold are not new and all goods are sold with all faults and imperfections and errors of description. Illustrations in the catalogue are for identification only.(a) Buyers should prior to the sale satisfy themselves as to the condition of each lot and whether or not in their own judgment the lot accords with the description.(b) Neither the Auctioneers the seller or their servants are responsible for cataloguing errors or for the authenticity of any lot and(c) The Auctioneers the seller or their servants and agents give no warranty whatsoever other than hereinafter contained to any buyer in respect of any lot and any express or implied conditions or warranties are hereby excluded.