More About this Item
Terms and Conditions of Sale
2013 LIVE AUCTION BIDDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• All bidders in the Saturday Live Auction must obtain a registered bid number from museum staff.
• Bid numbers are nontransferable. Registered bidders will be responsible for paying for all art pieces purchased with their registered bid number.
• Bidders need not be present to participate in the Saturday Live Auction. Absentee bidding and telephone bidding are allowed for this sale.
o An Absentee/Telephone Bid form is available in the auction catalogue and online at www.cmrussell.org - The Russell - Buyers
o The form must be submitted by 5 p.m. (MDT) on Friday, March 15, 2012, for the Saturday Live Auction.
o Internet bidding is available through Artfact.com.
• All art pieces are offered "as is."
• The C.M. Russell Museum is an agent for the owner of the art pieces. The museum assumes no risk, liability, or responsibility for the authenticity or the authorship of any art piece identified in the catalogue.
• The museum reserves the right to withdraw any art piece at any time before the sale.
• The museum reserves the right to reject a bid.
• Some art pieces may be offered with a "reserve," which is a minimum price below which the art piece will not be sold.
• Unless announced otherwise by the auctioneer, all bids are per lot as numbered in the catalogue.
• In the event of any dispute between bidders, or in the event of doubt as to the validity of any bid, the auctioneer shall have the final discretion to determine the successful bidder, cancel the sale, or reopen and resell the art piece in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, the museum's sale record shall be the final and conclusive record of the sale.
• Upon acknowledgment of the winning bidder by the auctioneer, title to the art piece shall pass to the bidder. The sale is complete when the auctioneer announces the sale by the fall of the hammer or other customary manner. The auctioneer retains all authority and discretion allowed by law.
• The purchase price shall be the sum of the hammer price plus a buyer's premium of 15% of the hammer price. A 3% discount on the premium will be given for payments made with cash or check.
• Successful bidders shall pay for their purchases during or immediately following the auction.
• All sales are final and there will be no exchanges or refunds on art pieces.
• Terms of purchase will be cash, check, cashier's check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express).
• Pickup or shipping arrangements for art purchases are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Auction House will help arrange shipment, at buyer's expense