More About this Item
Terms and Conditions
1. The total purchase price of each lot shall include the successful hammer price of the lot together with a buyer's premium of 20% on top of the hammer price.
2. A Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 5% and 7% Provincial Sales Tax (PST) will be charged on the hammer price and buyer's premium for B.C. residents. Goods shipped out of province are taxed at the local rate for the recipient.
3. Although 4th Meridian's online auctions takes great care and diligence in cataloguing of lots offered for auction, all property is sold "as is" and neither we nor our consignors or agents make any warranties or representations as to the correctness of the catalogue entry or other descriptions contained therein, of the physical conditions, size, authenticity, or quality. Prospective bidders should inspect the property before bidding to determine the condition, size, and whether the purchaser acquires any reproduction rights in the property.
4. Notwithstanding the preceding condition, if the purchaser can provide, within 14 days of the sale of any lot, written opinion from at least two recognized and acknowledged experts or authorities that the said lot was incorrectly described, and if the purchaser returns the said lot within 14 days after such notice in the same condition as sold, we, as agent for the consignor, will rescind the sale and refund the purchase price.
5. We reserve the right to withdraw any property, catalogued or otherwise, up to, and including the moment of sale.
6. We reserve the right to reject any bid. The highest bidder at automatic close of auction will be the Buyer. In the event of a dispute between bidders, or in the event of doubt on the part of 4th Meridian's online auctions as to the validity of any bid, 4th Meridian's online auctions will have the final discretion either to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale has been concluded, 4th Meridian's online auction sale record is conclusive.
7. With the close of the auction time limit, title to the lot being offered will pass to the highest bidder number, subject to the conditions set forth herein. The successful bidder thereupon will pay the full purchase price plus buyer's premium (20%) plus GST plus PST and assume full risk and responsibility for the said lot. At no time will 4th Meridian, nor its employees nor agents, be liable for any loss or damage of any kind whether caused by negligence or otherwise. All property must be removed by the purchaser at his or her expense no later than five business days following its sale unless arrangements are made directly with 4th Meridian's online auction representatives.
8. Payment in full must be made within 48 hours of the sale. Credit cards will be charged after approval of final amount, or sale can be finalized by Visa, or Mastercard, unless other arrangements have been made with 4th Meridian's online auction prior to the sale.
9. All currency figures are in Canadian dollars.
Payment and Shipping
Payment: Payment should be made in full within ten days following the sale by email transfer, cheque, cash, bank draft, PayPal, Visa or MasterCard, unless other arrangements have been made with the auctioneer prior to the sale.
Packing & Shipping: At 4th Meridian, we are pleased to provide clients with packing and shipping. All packing and shipping is done in house at the expense of the purchaser, ie. you. If you are the successful bidder on one or more lot(s), you will receive email notification as such.