More About this Item
Conditions of sale
Quick points to keep in mind. Detailed terms are below:
1. We do not handle any packing or shipping. We recommend Craig at the UPS Store 860-643-6264 or [email protected]
2. Please ask questions about items before you bid, all items are sold as is/ where is.
3. Please pay within 72 hours (if this is not possible PLEASE do not bid). If payment is not made within 72 hours, Nadeau's reserves the right to cancel the sale and immediately re-offer the property for sale.
4. Our terms are very clearly listed and are non negotiable please take the time to read them as they are legally binding.
Craig at the UPS Store 860-643-6264 or [email protected]
Vintage Transport 1-888-882-4442
AC Delivers 1-866-506-5477
Top Delivery 860-379-3424
Local (tri-state) delivery 860-246-2444
Nadeau's Auction Gallery will not be held responsible for any bids that were placed in error. Most of these errors can be easily prevented by taking the time to clearly read our terms. If, before you bid, you have any questions or concerns regarding our terms we encourage you to contact us PRIOR to bidding. We ask that you PLEASE take the time to make sure your questions weren't already answered below as we have made every effort possible to answer all questions before hand in order to save you time.
Your bid is a contract.
Place a bid only if you're serious about buying the item. If you are the successful and winning bidder, you have entered into a legally binding contract to purchase the property bid on from the seller. You should contact the seller to resolve any questions before bidding.
ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ASKED A MINIMUM OF 72 HOURS PRIOR TO THE SALE
There are absolutely no returns on any items for any reason
Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Nadeau's shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.
Any item that has multiple pieces in the lot will not have a detailed condition report given, you may send a representative in for you
· By bidding you are entering into a legal contract, please take this seriously.
· All items must be paid for within 72 hours of the sale, if you are unable to do this, please do not bid with us. Invoices not paid within 72 hours will be treated as "non-paying bidders" and be immediately reported. No exceptions.
· We accept cash, check, money order, bank check, bank wire, Mastercard and Visa payment only if you pay by check we will wait 10 business days before releasing the item, we will not make any exceptions. Please do not call and ask us to call our bank to check to see if your check has been cleared, you may fax us a letter from your bank if you wish.
· We accept us dollars only
· We do not ship items. Shipping of items will be arranged by the buyer, above you are provided with the phone numbers of shippers we recommend, they will pick up at our location. Please note that you are free to use ANY shipper in the world that you would like, there are 100's of them listed in the phone book.
· The winning bidder is determined by the auctioneer only
· All items must be removed from our premises within 1 week or storage charges will apply of $50.00 per item per week (we will take into account the ten day waiting period for your check to clear) there are not any exceptions for this and you will be charged before being able to pick up your items.
· Please ask all questions before bidding not after you have won an item. By bidding we assume you know what you are bidding on and that you know what you are interested in, if there is any doubt or question on the item please do not bid.
· We are providing you with a service, we are not responsible for missed bids or misexecuted bids, the only guarantee is to be in the audience bidding yourself.
· All items are described briefly, for detailed descriptions please ask. We are not responsible for any omissions in descriptions or in any condition reports, your only guarantee is to preview the items yourself, or have an agent preview for you. All mechanical items- such as clocks, watches and music boxes are sold as-is, please assume that they are not working.
· We move very fast, if you are interested in an item do not hesitate as you will loose the item.
This is a live auction, we accept bids from the floor, by left bid, by phone bid and online. You may place an absentee bid online and still not prevail when the selling price is the same or, in some cases, lower than the winning bid. The reason for this is that the auctioneer takes bids from where he/she sees them first. A person(live in the room) relays internet bids to the auctioneer and sometimes the auctioneer will see one of the other bids (gallery, phone or gallery absentee) first. If the online record of an auction shows the online bidder at the top of the bids, but has a floor bidder at the same price THE FLOOR BIDDER BOUGHT IT. This occurs at every live auction where internet bids are handled-usually several times every auction. THE FACT THAT IT SAYS ONLINE THAT THE EARLIER BID TAKES PRECEDENCE IS ONLY TRUE FOR BIDS PLACED ONLINE NOT FOR BIDS IN THE ROOM. The auctioneer in a live auction DOES NOT KNOW YOUR TOP BID and, in fact, doesn't know whether your bid is absentee or in real time. SOME BIDS MAY BE DELAYED DUE TO DATA TRANSMISSION (AND HUMAN TRANSMISSION) SO THAT THE AUCTIONEER NEVER RECOGNIZES A BID FROM THE INTERNET. The auctioneer is the final determination on who is the winning bidder- NOT THE INTERNET CLERK or ONLINE RECORD OF BIDS.
1. A BUYER'S PREMIUM WILL BE ADDED TO THE HAMMER PRICE OF EACH LOT: The buyer's premium on property purchased on online LIVE AUCTIONS WILL BE IN THE AMOUNT OF 25% OF THE FINAL BID PRICE. There is sometimes a different buyer's premium for specialty auctions. Please ask us if you have any question as to the buyer's premium.
2. All property is sold AS IS/WHERE IS and all sales are final. The Auction house will, to the best of their ability describe the items for sale, there are no warranties expressed or implied. The auction house is NOT responsible for the correctness, nor has the auction house deemed to have made any representation or warranty on the description, quality, size, importance, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin, or condition of the property and no statement made at the sale, or in the bill of sale, or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty or representation or assumption of liability. Nadeau's Auction Gallery Inc. does not guarantee authorship or signatures of paintings. The bidder is solely responsible for inspection of the property before bidding in order to determine its condition, size and whether it has been professionally restored or repaired.
3. The Auctioneer, at his sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any opening bid, which he feels is unacceptable or too low. The auctioneer also reserves the right to withdraw any property before the sale.
4. Once the Auctioneer announces "Sold," title to the property will immediately pass to the highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer. Once title to the property has passed to the highest bidder, such bidder (a) assumes all risks and responsibilities (b) will pay the full purchase price.
5. Each lot in the catalog is given a low and high estimate representing that range which, in the opinion of Nadeau's Auction Gallery, represents a fair and probable auction value. When possible, the estimate is based on previous auction records of comparable property, condition, rarity, quality and provenances. The estimates are often determined several months before a sale and are therefore subject to change upon further research of the property, or to reflect market conditions or currency fluctuations. Estimates are subject to revision. Actual prices realized for items can fall below or above this range. An estimate of the selling price should not be relied on as a statement that this is the price at which the item will sell or its value for any other purpose. Estimates do not include the buyer's premium.
6. BIDDING Nadeau's Auction Gallery reserves the right, at our complete discretion, to refuse admission to the premises or participation in any auction and to reject any bid, as well as the right to refuse to acknowledge any bidder. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the purchaser. The auctioneer has the right at his absolute and sole discretion to advance the bidding in such a manner as he may decide, to withdraw or divide any lot, and to combine any two or more lots. In the event of error or dispute between bidders, or in the event of doubt on our part as to the validity of any bid, whether during or after the sale, the auctioneer has final discretion to determine the successful bidder, to continue the bidding, to cancel the sale, or to reoffer and resell the lot in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, the Nadeau's Auction Gallery sale record shall be conclusive.
7. Payment: All items purchased in person must be paid for on the day of the sale. All items purchased via absentee, phone or Internet bidding must be paid for within 72 hours after the auction. For items purchased through online at live auctions, Nadeau's Auction Gallery Inc. will send an invoice to all winning bidders via email, or will call within 72 hours of completion of said auction. Payment must be made within the 72 hours following the auction or a NPB (non-paying bidder) will be placed on your online account. Personal checks will be acceptable only if credit has been established with Nadeau's Auction Gallery Inc., or if a bank authorization has been received guaranteeing a personal check. Nadeau's Auction Gallery Inc. reserves the right to hold items paid by check until the check clears. There is a handling charge of $25.00 for dishonored checks. Any nonpayment or bounced checks will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
8. All purchases are subject to 6.35% CT sales tax unless purchaser has CT sales tax exemption number. Exemption numbers from other states are accepted in CT when accompanied by the proper documentation. Items shipped or mailed out of the State of Connecticut by an independent Carrier are also exempt from CT sales tax.
9. As a service to the purchaser, Nadeau's Auction Gallery Inc. will provide the names of local shippers with whom the purchaser may deal directly. Regardless of shipping method, payment must have been received and checks must have cleared prior to release of property.
10. Live Internet bidding is available during the auction, however, Nadeau's Auction Gallery Inc. cannot be held responsible for live internet bids that are not sent, received, or executed by the administrator.
11. Bidding on any items indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions of sale.
You are entering into a legally binding contract by agreeing to these terms. please make sure you have read ALL of them first.
ALL ITEMS ARE DESCRIBED BRIEFLY, FOR DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS PLEASE ASK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OMISSIONS IN DESCRIPTIONS OR IN ANY CONDITION REPORTS, YOUR ONLY GUARANTEE IS TO PREVIEW THE ITEMS YOURSELF. If you have not asked for a condition report please bid on the item as not in good condition and being sold as is.
All property is sold AS IS/WHERE IS and all sales are final. The Auction house will, to the best of their ability describe the items for sale, there are no warranties expressed or implied. The auction house is NOT responsible for the correctness, nor has the auction house deemed to have made any representation or warranty on the description, quality, size, importance, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin, or condition of the property and no statement made at the sale, or in the bill of sale, or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty or representation or assumption of liability. Nadeau's Auction Gallery Inc. does not guarantee authorship or signatures of paintings. The bidder is solely responsible for inspection of the property before bidding in order to determine its condition, size and whether it has been professionally restored or repaired.
Payment is due within 72 hours. Please do not bid if this is not possible for you. NPBs will be filed on the 4th day after the auction.
SHIPPING AND HANDLING
All shipping arrangements will be handled by RCA except for vehicles which will require pick up from the location of sale or other arrangements as may be agreed to by RCA. Shipping & Handling Fees will be included on your invoice. All shipping arrangements will be handled by RCA. Shipping & Handling Fees will be included on your invoice. Once paid, RCA will usually ship within 3-5 business days. IMPORTANT- YOU MAY NOT COMBINE PURCHASES TO SAVE ON SHIPPING; HOWEVER, SOME ITEMS MAY BE SHIPPED TO YOU IN THE SAME MAILING PACKAGE (Small items, Coins, Jewelry and Baseballs - $25.00. If item is over $500.00, we will add $1.00 for each $100 of the winning bid. Items over $1,000.00 will ship 2 day air. Will Call not allowed. INSURANCE INCLUDED IN ABOVE PRICES. ALL SHIPPING AND HANDLING PRICES, MAY BE AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME. ALL ITEMS MUST BE SHIPPED BY RCA. WILL CALL IS NOT AVAILABLE AS WE DO NOT KEEP ANY INVENTORY AT OUR OFFICES DUE TO SECURITY CONCERNS. ALL ORDER FULFILLMENT TAKES PLACE AT A DIFFERENT SECURE LOCATION AND AS A RESULT WE ARE UNABLE TO ALLOW ITEMS TO BE PICKED UP. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ADDITIONAL FEES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO VAT DUTIES, BROKER FEES, AND OTHER IMPORT FEES.
NOTICES & DISCLAIMERS REGARDING SPECIFIC ITEM TYPES
Regarding Appraised Jewelry, Watches and Loose Stones:
RCA sends most jewelry, watches, accessories and loose stones out to a third-party for appraisals. All such lots are sold AS IS and some may have been worn, been previously repaired, altered, customized (including having been modified with after-market stones or had the bezel changed in its entirety on certain jewelry or watches), or been embellished. For purposes of our actions, the terms custom, modified, or after-market may be used interchangeably. Such wear, repair or changes may display varying levels of evidence. The bidder hereby acknowledges that the absence of any reference to the condition of a lot does not imply the absence of wear, repairs, customization, or defects. While RCA makes every effort to call to the attention of bidders the use of after-market parts in jewelry and watches sold, the use of such parts or stones shall not constitute a warranty or representation that the items are original in their entirety. These modifications, customizations, and alterations may impair the ability of the original manufacturer to repair such item or certify the item as authentic.
All descriptions and statements related to such lots, including measurement, authorship, source or origin, or other aspects are qualified opines and do not constitute a warranty or representation, and are provided for identification purposes only.
Not all Jewelry, watches or loose stones are appraised and the appraisals are provided for bidders only in certain instances at the discretion of RCA. Our appraisals are conducted by independent third-party appraisal firms. Such firms may be certified GIA Gemologists or have education in the industry or alternative certifications. Appraisals should be used for verification of gemstone and/or metal weight, size, and grade only, not actual value for resale or insurance purposes. Appraisal value should not be considered for actual value, as price varies greatly from retail locations and other merchants in different geographic locations. All Items auctioned by RCA should not be purchased with a view or expectation toward resale for appraisal price given, or to make a profit. The ultimate value for which an item can be resold may vary drastically from the appraisals listed by RCA.
All dimensions and weights of such lots are approximate and are consistent with standards and practices in the industry. Condition reports are provided as a service to prospective bidders. Bidders should note that such descriptions are not warranties and that watches may need general service, change of battery or further repair work for which the buyer is solely responsible. Certain watch bands from protected species of animals (i.e. alligator, crocodile) and items made of ivory and tortoise may be subject to restrictions in certain countries.
Regarding Memorabilia Items:
All autographed memorabilia comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. RCA may have an interest in certain third-party authenticators and bidder hereby waives any potential conflicts therein related to RCA's relationship with such authenticators. RCA is not responsible for the opinions of any of the third-party authenticators. You should in no way rely exclusively on such third-party opinions without conducting your own due diligence prior to bidding. All Certificates of Authenticity may only be relied upon for one year from the date of sale of any item.
RCA, and its consignors may be determined to be "Dealer(s)" within the meaning of California Civil Code Section 1739.7(a)(4) and as such make the following statement:
SALE OF AUTOGRAPHED SPORTS MEMORABILIA: AS REQUIRED BY LAW, A DEALER WHO SELLS TO A CONSUMER ANY SPORTS MEMORABILIA DESCRIBED AS BEING AUOTOGRAPHED MUST PROVIDE A WRITTEN CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY AT THE TIME OF SALE. THIS DEALER MAY BE SURETY BONDED OR OTHERWISE INUSRED TO ENSURE THE AUTHENTICITY OF ANY COLLECTIBLE SOLD BY THIS DEALER.
Regarding Coins & Currency:
No material certified by third-parties may be returned to RCA because of a possible difference of opinion with respect to the grade offered by such third-party organization, dealer, or service. No guarantee of grade is offered for uncertified lots sold and then subsequently submitted to a third-party grading service. There are absolutely no exceptions to this policy.
Any coins sold referencing a third-party grading service as sold AS IS without any express or implied warranty. Notes sold referencing a third-party grading service are sold AS IS without any express or implied warranty. Grading, condition or other attributes of any lot may have a material effect on its value, and the opinion of others, including third-party grading services may differ with that of RCA. RCA shall not be bound by any prior or subsequent opinion, determination, or certification by any grading service. Bidder specifically waives any claim to right of return of any item because of the opinion, determination, or certification, or lack thereof, by any grading services. Third-party graded notes are not returnable for any reason whatsoever.
Due to changing grading standards over time, differing interpretations and to possible mishandling of items by subsequent owners, RCA reserves the right to grade items differently than shown on certificates from any grading service that accompany the items. RCA also reserves the right to grade items differently than the grades shown in the prior catalog should such items be reconsigned or reoffered in any future auction.
Although consensus grading is employed by most grading services, it should be noted as aforesaid that grading is not an exact science and various third-party grading services, or even different employees from the same grading service may grade the same lot differently. Bidder fully understands and is aware of such potential inconsistencies and is bidding with such knowledge.
Certification does not guarantee protection against the normal risks associated with potentially volatile markets. The degree of liquidity for certified coins and collectibles will vary according to general market conditions and the particular lot involved. For some lots there may be no active market at all at certain points in time.
Bidders are advised that certain types of plastic may react with a coin's metal or transfer plasticizer to notes and may cause damage. Caution should be used to avoid storage in materials that are not inert.
Regarding Stamps and Philatelic Items:
No stamps or philatelic items may be returned because of a possible differences of opinion with respect to the grade offered by any third-party organization, dealer or service. No guarantee of grade is offered for ungraded items sold and subsequently submitted to a third-party grading service. There are absolutely no exceptions to this policy.
Multiple stamp or philatelic lots, including sets, collections, large lots, and small group lots, whether certified or not, are sold AS IS without warranty of any kind. There are absolutely no exceptions to this policy.
Any stamps and philatelic items referencing a third-party certification or grading service are sold AS IS. Bidder shall solely rely upon warranties of the authentication provider issuing the certificate or opinion. Grading, condition or other attributes of any lot may have a material effect on its value, and the opinion of others, including third-party grading services may differ with that of RCA. RCA shall not be bound by any prior or subsequent opinion, determination or certification by any grading service. Bidder specifically waives any claim to right of return of any item because of the opinion, determination, or certification, or lack thereof, by any grading service.
In the event RCA cannot deliver the lot or subsequently it is established that the lot lacks title, or other transfer or condition issues is claimed, RCA's liability shall be limited to the rescission of sale and refund of the Purchase Price; in no case shall RCA's maximum liability exceed the high bid on the lot, which shall be deemed for all purposes the value of the lot. After one year has elapsed from the close of the sale, RCA's maximum liability shall be limited to any commissions and fees RCA earned on the lot.
The grading of stamps and philatelic items is a matter of opinion, an art and not a science, and therefore the opinion rendered by RCA or any third-party grading service may not agree with the opinion of others (including trained experts).
Please email us at [email protected] with any specific questions.
There is a 25% buyers premium for any items purchased on online. There may be a different buyer's premium for specialty auctions.
Taxes on your purchase
There is a 6.35% state sales tax for any items purchased unless you have a valid tax id number and you have filled out the correct paperwork which we can provide or you have a certified independent carrier (such as the UPS Store) pick up your item. Please note: Your brother, sister, mother, father, uncle or friend does not qualify as an independent carrier unless they are licensed by the state.