More About this Item
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Terms & Conditions
Please Note, Our Terms of Sale have recently changed.
Terms of Sale
By registering to bid on this auction you agree to the following terms and conditions.
Purchases made using a credit card totaling $5,000 or more carry a 3% service charge.
Payment is due for your item(s) upon receipt of invoice. Telephone and absentee bidders will be notified by both telephone and e-mail within two days of sale end. We accept payment in the form of cash, check, money order, wire transfer, Visa and MasterCard. If you would like to pay by electronic check please fill out the AUTHORIZATION FORM.
1. All items are sold as is, where is, with all faults. There are no warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness, nor of any other kind, express or implied. All artists' names and dates recorded in this catalog are not to be taken as unqualified attributions to the artists named. No attributions to any artist or date are made or intended as to authorship or date of execution. Therefore, none of the property in this catalog is subject to any guarantee of authenticity and all of the property is sold as is. All items are available for your examination prior to bidding. Your bidding will signify that you have examined the items as fully as you desire, or that you have chosen not to examine them. Written and oral descriptions are our opinions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to age, condition, materials or any other feature of items being sold. We recommend prospective bidders examine all items in which they have an interest. If you require absolute certainty in all areas of authenticity, and the results of your evaluation leave uncertainty in your mind, we recommend you not bid on the item in question. We do not give refunds. All sales are final. No statement written or oral made by the auctioneer or any employee of Kaminski Auctions shall be deemed a warranty or assumption of liability by Kaminski Auctions or by any seller represented by Kaminski Auctions.
2. Bidding will begin at a price appropriate in auctioneer's discretion. The auctioneer always reserves the right to withdraw a lot for any reason he deems appropriate. At the auctioneer's discretion, no bid of less than one half the low estimate will be accepted from any source: phone bidding, absentee bidding, internet bidding, or bidding in the gallery. All lots in this catalogue are offered subject to a reserve, which is the confidential minimum hammer price at which a lot will be sold. In executing a reserve, the auctioneer has the right to bid on behalf of the Consignor, whether by opening bidding or continuing bidding in response to other bidders until reaching the reserve. If the reserve is not met, the Auctioneer has the right to withdraw the item from the sale.
3. Once we declare that an item is sold, we cannot reopen the bidding. It is the bidder's responsibility to get our attention prior to our saying 'sold'. We reserve the right to reject any bids deemed inappropriate or to withdraw any item(s) for lack of appropriate bids. If an item is withdrawn from the auction it will be offered again only at the auctioneer's discretion.
4. Payment must be made by cash, approved check, Paypal, wire transfer, or MasterCard and Visa credit cards. We reserve the right to require bank checks for large purchases. Buyers not known to us who wish to write a check must provide a current letter of credit from their bank guaranteeing funds for that account. Credit arrangements must be made by the Friday prior to the day of auction so bank statements can be verified. We reserve the right to not issue a bidder number or to withhold merchandise if appropriate credit has not been established. We require wire transfers or Credit cards for international buyers. Purchases made using a credit card totaling $5,000 or more carry a 3% service charge.
5. Payment for all purchases is expected at time of purchase. Payment for successful absentee, phone bids and online bids are required within five business days of the auction. Bidding on an item indicates the client's acceptance of our Terms of Sale. Your signature on our Bid Form or acceptance of these terms through Live Auctioneers constitutes permission to charge successful bids to credit cards if payment is not received within five days of the auction. In the event the buyer does not pay in full within seven days of the sale, the buyer is in default, therefore title has not exchanged. In the event of a buyer default, the buyer agrees to pay Kaminski Auctions a 20% default fee and releases title of that said item.
6. We are pleased to offer online bidding for prospective bidders who cannot be present at the auction. Absentee bids are executed competitively and confidentially. All reservations for phone bidding are held in the strictest confidence and must be received by 5 pm the day before the auction. No additional phone bids can be accepted on the day of the auction including additions when speaking with a staff person on the phone. We can accept written absentee bids submitted on the Absentee Bid Form up to 30 lots before the item comes up for auction. Leaving an absentee or phone bid on a lot indicates your willingness to open the bidding at one half the printed low estimate, and gives the auctioneer the authority to open the bidding at that level. Kaminski Auctions shall have the right to withdraw any item at any time for any reason and to void any sale in the event of an error or dispute.
7. In the case of identical absentee bids, the bid received first will prevail. Bids left on liveauctioneers.com are not executed until the item is offered in the live auction and the order in which they are received is not a factor. We sell 70-100 lots per hour.
8. In our experience, cellular phones are not always dependable, and we recommend phone bidding reservations be made on land lines. We make every effort to honor all absentee and phone bid reservations, but we are not liable for any losses incurred as a result of failure to execute absentee bids or failed phone reservations. Submitting absentee bids or bidding by phone does not imply an extension of credit. Please see numbers 4 and 5 above.
9. Purchaser agrees that packing and shipping is done at the purchaser's risk and that the purchaser will pay in advance all packing expenses, materials, carrier fees and insurance charges. At our discretion, items will either be packed by an agent such as a packaging store or Kaminski Auctions. Please allow two weeks for shipping after payment is received. Shipment of large items is the responsibility of the purchaser. We are happy to provide names of carriers and shippers if a purchaser so requests. Kaminski Auctions will have no liability for any loss or damage to shipped items.
10. Note to internet absentee bidders. We do not accept cut bids. We always encourage bidders to bid by phone or to leave absentee bids through our gallery to avoid such a situation.
11. All purchases are subject to applicable Massachusetts sales tax unless the Massachusetts Certificate of Resale tax form is fully and completely filled out and received prior to time of purchase. Resale tax numbers from other states are accepted. International buyers are responsible for tariffs, taxes, or assessments of shipped items to the buyer's country. Items shipped out of state are not subject to sales tax.
12. Bidding on an item indicates your understanding and acceptance of these Terms of Sale. If a purchaser breaches any of these Terms of Sale, including the obligation to pay for purchased items, Kaminski Auctions may seek all remedies under the law including canceling the sale and reoffering the property without reserve.
13. A buyer's premium will be applied to the purchase price of all items:
17%....Cash, check or wire transfer, in person, phone or absentee bidding directly with Kaminski Auctions
20%....Internet bidding with cash, check or wire transfer
14. Purchased items not picked up from our auction facility within ten business days of the auction will be assessed a storage fee of $25.00 per day, per item. You authorize us to re-sell on your behalf any item not picked up within 30 calendar days. The costs of storage, plus any other costs directly related to the item, and an auctioneer's commission of 20%, will be subtracted from the proceeds unless other arrangements have been made with Kaminski Auctions. The minimum charge will be $50.
15. Please note that lots containing ivory, tortoiseshell, or other animal materials may be subject to regulations imposed by the Endangered Species Act and by the United States Fish and Wildlife Department. Some countries prohibit the importation of property containing materials from endangered species, and prospective purchasers should familiarize themselves with relevant customs regulations prior to bidding if they intend to import these lots into another country. Buyer is responsible for any and all CITES permits.
16. All photos and descriptions posted on LiveAuctoneers or any internet platform are property of Kaminski Auctions and are subject to US copy write laws. No photo or description may be used without written approval by a Kaminski Auction agent. Use of unauthorized photos and descriptions could incur penalties.
All items purchased in person MUST BE paid for on the day of the sale. All items purchased via absentee, phone or internet bidding will be either charged to the credit or debit card on file immediately following the auction sale. There is a handling charge of $25.00 for dishonored checks. The Auctioneer reserves the right to impose a storage fee of $25.00 per day per lot commencing on the 10th day after the auction for any property not removed from the premises. The auction house must be notified of shipping arrangements by the 8th day. ALL PROPERTY STORED IS AT THE RISK OF THE PURCHASER. Any payment that is not successfully completed within 7 days of auction end will result in a 20% penalty fee, as well as a ban from bidding with us in future sales. Please note that we do share non paying bidder information with other auction houses in the US and Europe, as well as online bidding platforms. Please contact Kaminski Auctions, 978-927-2223 or email: [email protected], to make payment arrangements. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, email address: [email protected] , personal check, money orders and cash(In House Only).
ALL PROPERTY STORED IS AT THE RISK OF THE PURCHASER.
Kaminski Auctions does not ship beyond the local area, we will provide the names of local shippers with whom the purchaser may deal directly. Payment must have been received and checks cleared prior to the release of property for shipping. Kaminski Auctions will provide delivery to local areas for a fee of $185.00 for transit by van, or $275.00 for transit by truck. Transit outside of one 30 mile are subject to additional hourly charges.
The buyer's premium on property purchased will be in the amount of 20% of the final bid price.
All purchases are subject to 6.25% Massachusetts sales tax unless purchaser has Massachusetts sales tax exemption number. Items shipped or mailed out of the state of Massachusetts are exempt from Massachusetts sales tax.
All property is sold AS IS/WHERE IS and all sales are final. While the Auctioneer will, to the best of his ability, describe the items for sale, there are no warranties, expressed or implied, that the property offered for sale is what it is described to be by the Auctioneer or the catalog. The bidder is solely responsible for determining the age, size, condition and value of the property before bidding. Neither the Auctioneer nor the Consignor will be held responsible for any descriptions of the rarity, quality, condition, size, importance, or provenance of the property, and no statement, whether oral or written, by the Auctioneer or by any representative of Kaminski Auctions shall be deemed a warranty or representation regarding the property offered for sale.