Loading Spinner

Tamamura Kihei

Lot 53: Misty Scene by Tamamura Kihei.

Be-Hold

April 28, 2009
New York, NY, US

More About this Item


Description

6 3/8" x 9 5/8" toned bromide gelatin silver print, with the photographer's name printed recto, vintage ca. 1915. THIS IS ONE OF A GROUP OF PICTORIALIST AND MODERNIST JAPANESE PHOTOGRAPHS, CURATED BY PHOTOGRAPHER AND SCHOLAR TORIN BOYD.

Kihei was the son of the famous Meiji Era photographer Tamamura Kozaburo. (Lot 68 in Be-hold 52-still available, was mistakenly credited to the father, but was by the son.) He was one of the leading pictorialists in the early days of the movement. A lovely matte brown-toned photograph.

Condition Report

[4]

Request more information

Payment

Accepted forms of payment: American Express, COD (cash on delivery), MasterCard, Money Order / Cashiers Check, Paypal, Personal Check, Visa, Wire Transfer

Shipping

Those not picking up material at the auction or at our premises in Yonkers will have the material shipped via an appropriate means, and will be charged an appropriate shipping and handling charge. Our preferred shipping within the US is by UPS, signature required.
Material shipped to foreign addresses will have the customs forms stating the actual value.

Buyer's Premium

15.0%

From: To: Increment:
$0 $199 $10
$200 $499 $20
$500 $999 $50
$1,000 $9,999 $100
$10,000+ $500

Extended Bidding

5 minutes/bid

Terms and Conditions

Be-hold auctions: Terms and Conditions

Items are carefully described with full attention to authenticity and condition. We urge you to examine the material directly, if possible, or if not, to ask questions about matters that concern you (but not later than 11:00 A.M. on the day of the auction.) We almost never have been asked for returns, but if you find something is not as presented, contact us immediately. If you have a reasonable basis for doubting the authenticity or other related matters, return the item to us within 5 days of receipt, in the exact condition it was sent, and if we find your explanation valid we will refund the purchase price and premium, but not the shipping charges.

Bidding may be by floor bidding at the auction, absentee bidding by submitting the bid sheet or other means of contacting us well before the auction, or by leaving bids or bidding live on ArtfactLive. All bidders must register. Registration at the auction will require a valid credit card for identification.

We will accept and bid all left bids and live bids competitively. Some lots will have a reserve and we will bid competitively on behalf of the consignor up to the level of the reserve. The lot will be awarded to the highest bidder that we are aware of, at the level of the reserve or above.
All bids must be in whole dollar amounts at the level of the listed opening bid, or higher. It must accord with the following increments:

- Below $200, the increment is $10
- Between $200 and $500, the increment is $20
- Between $500 and $1000, the increment is $50
- Between $1000 and $10000, the increment is $100
- $10,000 and above the increment is $500

A 12% percent Buyer’s premium will be added to each winning bid. Those winning bids that have been bid through the ArtfactLive system will have an additional 3% Premium added, for a total of 15%. All winning bidders who have a NY State address or who pick up their material at the auction or at our premises in Yonkers NY will have the applicable NY State Sales Tax added, unless a current resale or exempt form is on file.

Those not picking up material at the auction or at our premises in Yonkers will have the material shipped via an appropriate means, and will be charged an appropriate shipping and handling charge. Our preferred shipping within the US is by UPS, signature required.
Material shipped to foreign addresses will have the customs forms stating the actual value.

Payment may be made via cash, check (in US dollars via a US bank), Money Order, bank transfer, credit card, PayPal.

All bids must be in whole dollar amounts at the level of the listed opening bid, or higher.

Payment Information

Payment may be made via cash, check (in US dollars via a US bank), Money Order, bank transfer, credit card, PayPal.

Shipping Information

Those not picking up material at the auction or at our premises in Yonkers will have the material shipped via an appropriate means, and will be charged an appropriate shipping and handling charge. Our preferred shipping within the US is by UPS, signature required.
Material shipped to foreign addresses will have the customs forms stating the actual value.

Buyer's Premium

All bids at the auction or made directly with Be-hold will have a Buyer's Premium of 15%. All bids made on the internet via ArtfactLive will have a Buyer's Premium of 12%, plus 3% that will go to ArtFact Live, so the total to the buyer will be the same 15% as at the actual auction.

Taxes on your purchase

All winning bidders who have a NY State address or who pick up their material at the auction or at our premises in Yonkers NY will have the applicable NY State Sales Tax added, unless a current resale or exempt form is on file.