More About this Item
Terms & Conditions
Region Fine Art accepts the following forms of payment: PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Wire Transfer, Money Order, Personal Check, and American Express. Credit Cards require a signed authorization form (we will provide) and photo identification that matches the credit card name and details. We accept a credit card payment for up to a maximum of $5,000 through non qualified credit card swipe (i.e. when the card is not present for payment.)
1. While the auctioneer has endeavored not to mislead in the description issued, and the utmost care is taken to ensure the correct cataloguing of each item, such descriptions are purely statements of opinion and are not intended to constitute a representation to the prospective purchasers and no warranty of the correctness of such description is made. An opportunity for inspection of each article is offered prior to the time of sale. All lots are sold "as is" and "where is" and without recourse. Any description issued by the auctioneer of an article to be sold is subject to variation to be posted or announced verbally in the auction room prior to the time of sale. It is the responsibility of prospective purchasers to inspect or have inspected each lot upon which they wish to bid, relying upon their own advisers, and to bid accordingly. 1A. The absence of a condition report does not automatically imply good condition. A condition report may be requested as additional information about any lot. Please understand any statement about condition is provided to buyers as a courtesy and buyers are encouraged to have a professional restorer or art conservator evaluate lots to make sure they are of suitable condition.
2. The auctioneer has the right to refuse any bid and to advance the bidding at his absolute discretion. The auctioneer reserves the right not to accept and not to reject any bid. Without limitation, any bid which is not commensurate with the value of the article offered, or which is merely a nominal or fractional advance over the previous bid may not be recognized.
3. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot from sale at any time, to divide any lot or to combine any two or more lots at his sole discretion, all without notice.
4. Each lot sold is subject to a premium of 15% of the successful bid price of each lot. Bidders registered online are subject to a 20% premium for each lot as part of the purchase price.
4A. The contact information provided by the purchaser must be accurate and true. The auctioneer reserves the right to request a deposit of up to $5,000 to be provided before bidding and will be used against any and all purchases made at this auction.
5. Unless exempted by law, the buyer is required to pay Goods and Service tax on the total purchase price including the buyer's premium. For international buyers, taxes are not applicable when purchases are shipped out of country. Items shipped out of Manitoba, the buyer is required to pay taxes as per the tax status of that province, whether it be HST, GST, PST.
6. Each lot may be subject to an unpublished reserve which may be changed at any time by agreement between the auctioneer and the consignor. The auctioneer may bid, or direct an employee to bid, on behalf of the consignor as agreed between them. In addition, the auctioneer may accept and submit absentee and telephone bids, to be executed by an employee of the auctioneer, pursuant to the instructions of prospective purchasers not in attendance at the sale.
7. The highest bidder accepted by the auctioneer for any lot shall be the buyer and such buyer shall forthwith assume full risk and responsibility for the lot and must comply with such other Conditions of Sale as may be applicable. If any dispute should arise between bidders the auctioneer shall have the absolute discretion to designate the buyer or, at his option, to withdraw any disputed lot from the sale, or to re-offer it at the same or a subsequent sale. The auctioneer's decision in all cases shall be final.
8. Immediately after the purchase of a lot, the buyer shall pay or undertake to the satisfaction of the auctioneer with respect to payment of the whole or any part of the purchase price requested by the auctioneer, failing which the auctioneer in his sole discretion may cancel the sale, with or without re-offering the item for sale.
9. The buyer shall pay for all lots within 72 hours (3 days) from the date of the sale, after which a late charge of 2% per month on the total invoice may be incurred or the auctioneer, in his sole discretion, may cancel the sale. The buyer shall not become the owner of the lot until paid for in full. Items must be removed within 20 days from the date of sale, after which storage charges may be incurred. Shipping is available through the auctioneer (see 14).
10. Each lot purchased, unless the sale is cancelled as above, shall be held by the auctioneer at his premises or at a public warehouse at the sole risk of the buyer until fully paid for, shipped and taken away.
11. Notwithstanding the previous conditions of sale, if within fourteen (14) days after the sale of the lot the purchaser gives notice in writing to Region Fine Art that the lot sold is a forgery and within seven days after such notification the buyer returns the same to Region Fine Art condition as at the time of sale, Region Fine Art shall have the right to have the purchaser obtain, at the purchasers expense, the written opinion of two recognized experts in the field, mutually acceptable to the purchaser and Region Fine Art, before we determine whether to rescind the sale. The auctioneer does not guarantee authenticity on any artwork listed within this auction catalogue. We do our best to represent each listed piece with our best knowledge, utmost care and truthfulness. Please inspect photos and descriptions carefully prior to bidding.
12. PAYMENT MUST BE MADE WITHIN 3 DAYS OF THE AUCTION and can be done so by cash, INTERAC direct debit (Canadian clients in person only), certified cheque (except for U.S. & overseas), bank draft, electronic wire transfer (fee applies), and VISA or Mastercard (up to $25,000 with direct swipe). Non qualified credit card payments are taken with a signed authorization form with a maximum credit card payment of $5,000.
13. Should the item not be paid for within the time limit stated, the auctioneer, without limitation of the rights of the consignor and the auctioneer against the buyer, may resell any of the articles affected.
14. If requested the auctioneer can make arrangements for insuring, packing and shipping any lots or artwork from the auction. This is a service the auctioneer offers and has some markup on top of the shipping company's cost. Contact Region Fine Art at least one week ahead of an auction to obtain a shipping quote.
15. The auctioneer acts solely as agent for the consignor and makes no representation as to any attribute of, title to, or restriction affecting the articles consigned for sale.
Buyers are responsible for the Shipping Costs. Region Fine Art can take care of shipping arrangements and find an appropriate shipping company. We do charge a fee for packaging on top of the shipping cost of the company. Contact Region Fine Art at least one week prior to the auction date to obtain a shipping quote.
All lots won through Invaluableauctions are subject to a 20% Buyers Premium.
Buyers outside of Canada are not subject to taxes. Buyers within Canada are subject to their applicable taxes within their Province or Territory.