More About this Item
Conditions of Sale
1. Sales are made in cash, by point-of-sale terminal, creditcard or by transfer to our bank- account or PayPal account.
2. The buyer can not rely on the fact that he is buying for a third party. Each buyer is held to buy for his own account and cannot claim any commission.
3. The highest bidder is the buyer. When a disagreement between two or more bidders occurs, the auctioneer has absolute discretion to settle any dispute. The auctioneer reserves the right to split lots or joining them together. When mistakes occur the auctioneer has the right to recover them. The auctioneer has the right to refuse a bid, without stating reasons.
4. In case intending purchasers are prevented from attending the sale personally, the auctioneer may execute commands from them. No additional fees will be charged. In the event of identical assignments the first client comes first. Orders without limit are not accepted.
5. The prices are in euro. The lots will be deployed at the target price, shown in parenthesis after each number in the catalog. Bids below this amount will not be accepted.
6. Principals and attendees can assume that the auctioneer will raise the stakes as follows:
- up to € 100 - an increase of € 5, -;
- from € 100, - to € 200, - an increase of € 10, -;
- from € 200, - to € 500, - an increase of € 20, -;
- from € 500, - to € 1.000, - an increase of € 50, -;
- from € 1.000, - to € 2.000, - an increase of € 100, -;
- from € 2.000, - to € 5.000, - an increase of € 200, -;
- above € 5.000, - € 5.000, - an increase € 500, -.
7. The buyer needs to be aware of the auction conditions.
8. The payment must be made in cash or by point-of-sale terminal after the auction, unless otherwise agreed with the auctioneer. In case of payment through a bank transaction, all goods must be paid for within one week after receipt of the invoice. The auctioned items only become property of the buyer after complete payment. If the buyer fails to pay within two weeks, the auctioneer shall be entitled to exercise one of the following rights:
a. To outsource his claim for collection and to proceed for damages for breach of contract, the costs thereby incurred shall be borne by the buyer;
b. rescind the sale of that or any lots sold to the buyer and re-sell the lot or lots whereupon the defaulting buyer shall pay to the auctioneer any shortfall between the proceeds of that sale after deduction of costs of re-sale and the total sum due.
9. Any shipment of purchased lots is at the risk and expense of the purchaser, and shall be made after full payment of the invoice. Note: framed works and fragile goods can not be sent by default. Additional costs are borne by the buyer. Shipping costs are entirely at the expense of the buyer.
10. We charge a premium of 28% (incl. all taxes).
11. The goods are considered to be in good condition, unless otherwise stated in the catalog. In case of severe defects that are not listed in the catalog, the objects can be returned (with the exception of the lots from the department 'packages' and the lots which are stated as W.A.F.). This should be done within one week of receipt. Subsequent complaints will not be honored.
12. All objects in the auction are considered to be described in good conscience. Descriptions, as well as verbal statements made before or during the auction, are nothing more than an opinion, and are in no way a guarantee of their authenticity, dating, provenance, etc.
- Except for notable exceptions, the state of the lots is not listed in the catalog. Indication of any defect does not imply the absence of others. Each object is sold in the condition in which it is at the time of the auction. Prospective buyers should ensure themselves of the condition during the viewing days.
- The risk of damage from a purchased lot rests with the buyer from the moment the auctioneer accepts the bid of the purchaser as the highest bid, during the auction.
- If, within two weeks after the auction, a buyer -to the satisfaction of the auctioneer- can prove that a property purchased by him is a forgery, the sale shall be dissolved and the purchase price will be fully refunded, provided the lot is returned in the condition it was sold.