Of traditional form, on wheels. H: 67 in. PROVENANCE: Originally belonging to artist Albert Pinkham Ryder (1847-1917), the easel was given to artist Philip Evergood (1901-1973) by his mother, Flora. Flora had received the easel from her close friend, Louise Fitzpatrick. Ms. Fitzpatrick came into possession of the easel when it was given to her by her mentor, Albert Pinkham Ryder, friend to both the Fitzpatrick and Evergood families. Evergood writes of Fitzpatrick's relationship with Ryder, "She had been virtually the sister and the mother and the child of a great mind and a great man." Evergood held Fitzpatrick in similar esteem. A photograph of the easel in Evergood's studio accompanies the lot. See "The Master's Faithful Disciple," by Philip Evergood, as published in the Archives of American Art Journal, Volume 24, Number 3, 1984.