Family Group: (Brother 1) Group of Nine: Distinguished Flying Cross (GVR); 1914-15 Star; British War Medal 1914-18; Victory Medal 1914-19; 1939-45 Star; Pacific Star; War Medal 1939-45 with MID; Australia Service Medal 1939-45; Efficiency Medal (GVIR Indiae.Imp) with Australia suspender. Capt. J.W.Wright A.F.C., A.I.F. on first medal, 1614 Pte J.W.Wright. 12/L.H.Rgt A.I.F. on second medal, Captain J.W.Wright. A.I.F. on third and fourth medals, NX12233 Lt-Col. J.W.Wright 2/15 Fd. Regt. A.I.F. on fifth and sixth medals, NX12233 J.W.Wright on seventh and eighth medals, NX12233 Lt.Col.J.W.Wright. A.I.F. on ninth medal. First, fifth, sixth and ninth medals engraved, all other medals impressed. (Brother 2) Trio: 1914-15 Star; British War Medal 1914-18; Victory Medal 1914-19. 1615 Pte G.P.Wright. 12/L.H.Rgt. A.I.F. Impressed. Both groups swing mounted, some ribbons damaged on first group, very fine, second group nearly extremely fine.
1. Documents named for J.W.Wright including Royal Flying Corps, Central Flying School Graduation Certificate; letter dated 19th June 1919 offering congratulations on award of DFC and signed personally by W.R.Birdwood; Mentioned in Despatch certificate; letter dated 5 Sep 46 offering congratulations on award of MID and signed personally by (Maj-Gen) C.A.Callaghan.
2. A massive scrap book containing a most comprehensive store of newspaper cuttings, letters, official documents, special dinner menus, greeting cards and other items related to the Wright family, all glued into a large hard covered book, noted one document dated 10th November 1954 named to Lieutenant Colonel John W.Wright, DFC requesting all facilities and courtesies be afforded to him during an overseas tour and signed personally by Prime Minister Robert Menzies, also a dinner menu bearing signature of G.Jones, later Air Marshall Sir George Jones KBE, CB, DFC who served with J.W.Wright and became his lifelong friend, another menu signed by (Captain Sir) Ross (Macpherson) Smith (KBE, MC & Bar, DFC & 2 Bars, AFC and (Lieutenant Sir) Keith (Macpherson) Smith (KBE), another item is a b&w drawing by F.Werner of Captain F.E. de Groot of the New Guard organisation who cut the tape at the Sydney Harbour Bridge Opening in 1932 and was arrested, the uniformed image on a book page (17.5x26cm) as published and is signed personally in ink, 'F.E. de Groot/Capt'.
3. Army Book 136 and written on cover, 'Australian Flying Corps "A" Flight Pilots Log Book commence 10/8/17' and inside hand-written details of all service and operations to 23/6/18; also Training Brigade Transfer Card for history of training to be pilot; typed accounts of training at Queen's College and later flying ops as per extracts from letters written by J.W.Wright, 27pp, including an account of the wild 'rag' that ensued in camp following news of Captain Cobby's DSO award.
4. Soldier's WWI Pay Books (2) for J.W.Wright; Flying Instruction booklet; The British Soldier's Colloquial Arabic Pocket Guide second edition, written on cover, 'Aerodrome Camp Heliopolis Nov 12 1915'.
5. Silver ID bracelet inscribed, 'J.W.Wright./R.F.C./C. of E.' and on the reverse, 'NX12233/A.I.F.', hallmarked for London 1916 by maker 'HJH' (Henry James Hulbert).
6. RAF pilot's embroidered wings (KC), AFC pilot's embroidered wings (KC) (2, one a copy) and a very worn AFC colour patch.
7. Small photo frame with dual, oval photos of J.W.Wright in uniform and in flying gear, with miniature DFC affixed at top centre.
8. Small photo frame with photo of G.P.Wright wearing uniform and slouch hat with Light Horse plume.
9. Photo album containing approx 210 b&w photos of WWI service for J.W.Wright, mostly featuring activities with AFC and most photos with descriptive details below.
10. Bronze plaque (approx 1