More About this Item
Conditions of Sale
1. The sale is on behalf and for account of the seller.
2. The minimum bid increments are (see bid increments table)
3. The prices stated in the catalogue are the initial prices in Euro. Lower bids cannot be taken into account. The images in the catalogues and in the Internet are not true to scale, in parts greatly enlarged and despite utmost care not colour proof.
4. Before the auction attending bidders have to fill in the registration form with the required personal data. After that they are handed over the bidding cards, enabling them to take part in the bidding. Written bids not having arrived 24 hours before the auction opening are exclusively accepted under reserve of the correct execution. When there are objective reasons or low creditworthiness the auctioneer can exclude from the auction bids as well as persons without giving any reason.
5. The buyer shall be the highest bidder after 3 calls and fall of the hammer. The auctioneer is entitled to withdraw the knocking down and to offer the lot anew if a higher bid given in time was overlooked or if any other doubts have arisen. A lot which fails to reach its reserve price may be re-bought by the auctioneer on behalf of the seller. The auctioneer has the right to combine or divide or withdraw any lot or to alter the sequence of lot numbers.
6. Payment must be made immediately in EURO currency. All invoices are under the reserve of verification and rectification. The knocking down obliges for collection. Possession and risk pass immediately to the buyer, ownership upon full payment. When behind with acceptance or payment the buyer is liable for any resulting loss. 1% interest per started month is charged for delayed or advance payment. Shipping and insurance take place most quickly at the expense of the buyer. Foreign customers buy according to the currency, customs and tax regulations of their country.
7. Buyers have to pay a surcharge of 20% plus VAT to the hammer price. Additionally the remote bidders pay the lump sum of 8,70 € for shipping as well as 1% for the insurance, each plus VAT. There are different charges for big or heavy pieces as well as shipping to foreign countries. Nearly all the offered items come from private suppliers and they are sold without adding the VAT. Exceptions are distinctly labeled. VAT is only imposed on commission, insurance and shipping expenses. Shippings to countries out of the European Union are charged without VAT.
8. Before the auction the actual state of the auction items can be viewed and tested. The descriptions are accomplished to the best of our knowledge. By no means do they constitute guaranteed features in the sense of §§ 434 and 459ff BGB (German Civil Code) and they do not constitute any legal liability or material defect liability. This applies specifically for potential fakes or plagiarism. Attending bidders strictly buy as is or as might have been surveyed. Complaints concerning second hand goods are strictly excluded. There is no guaranty concerning the working and accuracy of second hand watches and clocks as these are not offered as used watches or clocks but as antiquities. The details on the gems being set in the jewelry are most carefully appraised.
9. Please note that in our catalogue and on our website, leather bracelets of protected or endangered animal species such as alligator, crocodile or lizard are only used for illustration purposes. The bracelets are not sold together with the wrist watches. We reserve the right to remove these bracelets before shipping.
10. Justified complaints have to be lodged in writing within a week upon receipt of the goods. For customers paying in advance the time limit for a complaint ends at the latest 1 month after the auction. Collections are excluded from complaints. In the case of lots etc. quantities are always indicated approx. The auctioneer and his/her assistants are only liable for mistakes made intentionally and negligently.
11. Purchase price as well as surcharges and costs may be claimed by the auctioneer in his own name. We do not provide a guarantee that jewels or gems, acquired at our auction, when committed to a grading service or some similar institution will be graded according to our evaluation. Objects bought at auctions and after receiving altered (e.g. cleaned, worked on, repair or repair trial, resetting of gemstones or the like) by the bidder, are excluded from any complaint.
12. Place of performance and competency of court for both parties is Hamburg, Germany. German Law is effective exclusively. The regulations of the international sale of goods law as well as the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) are not applied.
13. All persons taking part in the auction shall accept the above conditions upon making any oral or written offer. The auction terms are valid in the same form for the after sale.
14. Suppliers, auctioneers and bidders affirm to offer or to acquire items dating from the 3.Reich only under strict observance of the §§ 86, 86a StGB (German Civil Code).
15. If any of the provisions of these terms is found invalid, all remaining parts shall remain fully valid and applicable. The invalid regulation is substituted by that regulation which is legitimate and economically best answers the intended purpose.
16. In case of doubt the German version of these conditions of sale is the authoritative and binding text.
We only accept payment via bank transfer.
Despatch and insurance are arranged by us and the costs are to be borne by the buyer.
Customers in foreign countries have to observe and follow the laws on import duty, taxes and
foreign exchange applicable in their respective countries.
The invoices issued by the auction house are subject to error.
A Buyers Premium of 20% + 3.8% VAT is applied to all lots, plus applicable online bidding premium of 5%.