More About this Item
Terms and Conditions
1. The auction is held voluntarily in the name and on behalf of our consignors.
2. All items may be inspected and examined before the auction. The items are used. The catalogue descriptions are made to the best of our knowledge and belief, but do not constitute a warranty in the legal sense. The objects are auctioned in the condition in which they are at the moment of the knockdown. The respective condition of the objects, in particular minor damages as well as traces of age are taken into account in the limit price.
3. The auctioneer is liable in case of default only for intent or gross negligence. This also applies to employees and assistants of the auctioneer.
4. The auctioneer has the right to offer, combine, separate or withdraw lots outside the order of the catalogue.
5. The specified catalogue number and not the title of the object is binding. The lot will be sold to the highest bidder if no higher bid is submitted after a bid has been called three times. The auctioneer may reserve or refuse to accept the bid on behalf of the principal. The auctioneer may withdraw the acceptance of the bid and offer the item again if a visible bid made in time has been overlooked by mistake. The bid is usually increased by 10%.
6. The sale obliges the bidder to accept the item. With the sale, the risk of damage and loss shall pass to the successful bidder. Ownership of the auctioned item shall not pass to the purchaser until payment has been made in full.
7. If the limit agreed with the consignor is not reached, the bid will be accepted with reservation. However, the limit remains valid and the object can be given to another party. If this case does not occur, the conditional bidder will be informed. Bids with reserve are binding for the bidder for four weeks, but are subject to change for the auctioneer.
8. A buyer's premium of 25% of the hammer price shall be paid to the auctioneer, plus the statutory value added tax applicable to the buyer's premium. The total amount is due with the hammer price and payable by bank wire. Any bank charges incurred shall be borne by the buyer. The VAT is added on our commission only, as it is a domestic service. There is no VAT exemption for private buyers from outside EU. Professional buyers can get back the VAT in a separate process with the tax authorities: (https://www.bzst.de/EN/Home/home_node.html.)
9. Delay in payment obliges the buyer to pay an interest of 5% p.a.. The auctioneer may either demand fulfilment of the sales contract or damages for non-fulfilment.
10. Auctioned items will be shipped only after full settlement of all outstanding claims of the auction house.
11. The purchaser should collect the auctioned items within 14 days. The auctioneer is not liable for loss or damage. Any shipment of auctioned items shall be at the expense and risk of the purchaser.
12. Telephone bidders will be called at the auctioneer's expense before the desired item is called, if a written order for this is received in good time. Orders of this kind can only be carried out with a limit price of € 500. No guarantee can be given for the telephone connection.
13. The terms and conditions of the auction shall apply mutatis mutandis to the post-auction sale or to the open sale.
14. Place of business is Freiburg im Breisgau. If the buyer is a merchant or has no general place of jurisdiction in Germany or another EU member state, the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes shall be our place of business. German law shall apply to the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
15. Should one or more of these terms and conditions be invalid in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining terms and conditions shall remain unaffected.
Upon receipt of a written shipment notification, shipment will be made to the best conditions possible and will be insured upon request. For shipment to a NON-EU-country we recommend the services of the company "Mailboxes etc." or a shipper of your choice. Please note, that the max. frame dimensions for shipping are 80x115cm. The package dimensions for objects may not be larger than 60x36x45cm. For larger objects a forwarding company must be instructed.
The VAT is added on our commission (as it is an domestic service) and on the live bidding fee. There is no VAT exemption for private buyers from outside EU. Professional buyers can get back the VAT in a separate process with the tax authorities: (https://www.bzst.de/EN/Home/home_node.html.)