More About this Item
Buyer's Premium$0 - 4,999: 25.0%
$5,000 - 9,999: 26.0%
$10,000 - 14,999: 27.0%
$15,000 - 19,999: 28.5%
Aphrodite Gallery's Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Sale
The following are the TERMS OF SALE and CONDITIONS for bidding in Live Auction, Tuesday, April 16, 2019.
AUCTION will start at 11:00 AM EST, 8:00 AM PST - Live Online / Absentee / Phone Bidding only.
Kindly read the following "Terms of Sale" carefully. These terms are applicable to all bidders in this auction, collectors and dealers alike. Please do not bid in this auction if you do not agree to all of the terms listed below. Your submission of bids in this auction constitutes your acceptance of these "Terms of Sale."
1. All items in this auction have been legally acquired and are unquestionably legal to sell.
2. This is an auction sale, not an approval sale. By bidding in this auction, the bidder guarantees payment. Additionally, the bidder agrees to these terms (points 1-15) by participating in the auction. In case of dispute, the lot(s) in question may be resold. Lots will be sold in their numerical sequence unless the auctioneer directs otherwise.
3. HIGH and LOW ESTIMATES are provided for each lot for reference only. Additionally, object attribution is done by our in house team of experienced and seasoned experts, and it is based on our professional opinion.
4. No lots will be released / shipped until payment has been made in full. Payment (in U.S. funds) may be made via personal check or money order, via credit card, PayPal or Bank Wire Transfer. Our email address for PayPal payments is [email protected] We automatically send invoices via PayPal after auction concludes, so this is the default route for accepting payment on our end. Unless prior arrangements have been made, all winning bidders payments must be made within five business days from the end of auction date. For PayPal and credit card transactions, we charge a 5% processing fee to account for the fees those services respectively charge us. It is a 5% cumulative fee, meaning it is 5% of the whole amount including shipping and premiums. We encourage our clients to pay via bankwire or personal check / money order, to avoid this 5% charge. If this is your preference, please let us know immediately after the auction concludes.
5. BUYER'S PREMIUM: A 24% (19% Aphrodite Gallery, 5% LiveAuctioneers) Buyer's Premium will be added to the final price of each lot purchased through Aphrodite Gallery and will be paid by all bidders without exception, with 5% of that 24% going to LiveAuctioneers for the premium they charge us to pay them.
6. NY SALES TAX: Appropriate New York Sales Tax will be added to all invoices. Items shipped outside of NY (United States or international) are also sales tax exempt.
7. RETURN POLICY: Please read carefully. The only scenario where a return will be granted would be due to an issue pertaining to item authenticity. In the very small chance that there is an authenticity dispute, written notification of the dispute must be provided to Aphrodite Gallery within two (2) business days from receipt of the item as shown by FedEx, UPS, DHL, or USPS tracking data. After Aphrodite Gallery is notified of the dispute, a written + signed letter from a recognized expert in the field pertaining to the item in dispute must then be presented within 7 days from that point in time. If Aphrodite Gallery comes to the conclusion that the written assessment of the piece is accurate, a refund, including item price and buyer's premium (if applicable) will be provided.
Regarding anything else besides authenticity, everything offered by Aphrodite Gallery is sold as is. We detail object condition to the best of our professional ability, and each lot is carefully examined with a multiple high grade stylus lights to find any restorations or condition faults in an object. It is your duty as the potential buyer to ask for more pictures before the auction commences, WE WILL GLADLY OBLIGE ANY REQUEST FOR FURTHER CONDITION INFORMATION, i.e. examining any particular areas of a piece or taking more pictures of it. These pieces are consignment pieces and once they sell, the only fair thing that we can honor for a return would be a matter related to authenticity.
If the 2 day period has passed, Aphrodite Gallery can, at its own discretion, offer a credit for the return, for use of purchase on a different object being offered in this auction (provided it has not been sold already) or previous unsold auction items, or an object from aphrodite-gallery.com or aphroditeancientart.com, but this is only good for 3 more business days after the initial 2 day period.
Lastly regarding returns, all items to be returned must be adequately insured and must be received by Aphrodite Gallery in the same exact condition as when shipped. We cannot process the return if there is even a small bit of damage to the piece that occurred either with the client or in the shipping process-- the piece must arrive back to us in the same condition when we sent it out, or the return becomes void.
8. BIDDING will be conducted via the LiveAuctioneers platform. Bidders may place their bids LIVE or leave ABSENTEE BIDS via the Live Auctioneers auction catalog. Phone bidding is available.
9. SHIPPING: As a convenience to our buyers, shipping is handled in-house. All buyers will receive an invoice detailing their purchases, sales tax (if applicable), buyer's premium, and shipping/insurance charges. Items will be shipped only upon receipt of payment in full and will be insured. Aphrodite Gallery will fairly determine an estimated shipping price based on a variety of factors-- item size, insurance, destination location, method of shipment (Express, regular, etc.), Carrier (USPS, DHL, UPS, and others), amount of time and care it takes to immaculately package the piece, etc. *For shipments outside of the USA, customs and duties may apply upon entry into said country; this fee, if any, is the buyer's responsibility. We cannot be held responsible for any delays in customs, as this tends to happen at times. Please allow time for custom clearance. Our responsibility in this matter ends as soon as we ship the piece.
10. REQUEST TO DELAY SHIPPING FOR LOTS WON: We are happy to delay shipping on all paid lots for up to 30 days with no storage fees.
11. ESTIMATES for each lot are given only as a guide to help gauge bidding. Lots may sell for a price greater than or less than these estimates.
12. In the event a successful bidder fails to make payment when due, Aphrodite Gallery reserves the right to re-sell the merchandise and bidder agrees to pay for the reasonable cost of such a sale and to pay any difference between the resale price and the previously successful bid, together with any incidental costs of sale and disbursements.
13. If the auction invoice is not paid for in full when due per invoice terms, including any applicable credit card processing fees, the unpaid balance will bear interest at the highest rate permitted by law until paid in full. If the matter is referred to an attorney for collection, bidder agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees, court costs and other collection cost incurred by Aphrodite Gallery to collect past due invoices and that the services of process by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, shall be sufficient to confer "in personam" jurisdiction over bidder.
14 Buyer agrees that any claim of controversy arising out of, or relating to the formation, interpretation of performance of these terms and underlying transactions or the breach thereof, is subject to arbitration or judicial proceedings and shall take place within the state of New York subject to the laws of the state of New York.
15. QUESTIONS? Feel free to email us at [email protected] OR [email protected] with questions prior to bidding or feel free to call us at the gallery phone 212-987-9878 or alternative lines 718-669-0061 & 917-327-4990. Please be sure to ask all questions at least 45 minutes prior to auction start time.
As a convenience to our buyers, shipping is handled in-house. All buyers will receive an invoice detailing their purchases, sales tax (if applicable), buyer's premium, and shipping/insurance charges. Items will be shipped only upon receipt of payment in full and will be insured. Aphrodite Gallery will fairly determine an estimated shipping price based on a variety of factors-- item size, insurance, destination location, method of shipment (Express, regular, etc.), Carrier (USPS, DHL, UPS, and others), amount of time and care it takes to immaculately package the piece, etc. *For shipments outside of the USA, customs and duties may apply upon entry into said country; this fee, if any, is the buyer's responsibility. We cannot be held responsible for any delays in customs, as this tends to happen at times. Please allow time for custom clearance. Our responsibility in this matter ends as soon as we ship the piece.