Download the Invaluable app and never miss an auction from your iOS or Android device.
1) As used herein the term "bid price" means the price at which a lot is knocked down to the purchaser and the term "purchase price" means the aggregate of (a) the bid price (b) a premium of eighteen percent (18%) of the bid price payable by the purchaser and (c) unless the purchaser is exempt by law from the payment thereof, any state or local sales tax (or compensating use tax of another state) and other applicable taxes. Unless exemption from such taxes is established to our satisfaction, any purchaser claiming an exemption will be required to pay the tax to us and seek a refund from the state.
2) You may enter or leave at any time during the auction. To bid in person, you must raise your numbered bid card to signify bids. Only one bid is required to make an auction. All art is sold framed unless otherwise indicated. Martin Lawrence Galleries guarantees that all art sold will be in comparable condition to that shown at previews or at the auction. A bid by any person shall be deemed conclusive proof that the bidder has made himself/herself acquainted with the conditions of sale and agrees to be bound by them.
3) On the fall of the auctioneer's hammer, the highest bidder shall be deemed to have purchased the offered lot in accordance with all of the conditions set forth herein and thereupon (a) assumes full risk and responsibility therefore (b) will sign a confirmation of purchase thereof, and (c) will pay the purchase price in full or such part as we may require for all lots purchased. To prevent mis-delivery and inconvenience in settlement of a purchase, no lot may be transferred. Because many of the artworks sold are fine art limited-edition prints, the auctioneer reserves the right to sell more than one of each lot during the auction. If two bidders have bid on such a piece, the auctioneer may lower the price to the next lowest bid held in common for that lot, selling both prints to both bidders at the lower price. This may be done in like manner for three or more bidders. In the case when there is more than one image sold, the auctioneer will decide which bidder takes the art from the auction. All additional pieces sold at auction will be ready for shipment in approximately four to six weeks. Shipped art will be shipped to the address noted on your auction invoice. Shipping, Packing and Insurance are at the buyers expense, and a charge of $150 will be incurred for each work shipped within the continental US, or arrangements may be made to have the art delivered to the gallery for pickup at a later date, for a charge of $50 per item. Questions pertaining to shipment of your art will be answered by a Martin Lawrence Galleries representative. If the foregoing conditions or any other applicable conditions herein are not complied with, in addition to other remedies available to us by law, including but without limitation the right to hold the purchaser liable for the purchase price, we at our option, may either (a) cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all payments made by the purchaser or (b) resell the property on three days notice to the purchaser, and
for the account and risk of the purchaser, either publicly or privately, and in such event the purchaser shall be liable for the payment of any de?ciency plus all costs and expenses of both sales, all other charges due hereunder and incidental damages.
4) Some lots in this catalogue are subject to prior sale and may not be available at these auctions.
5) We reserve the right to withdraw any property at any time before actual sale. Unless otherwise announced by the auctioneer at the time of sale, all bids are per lot as numbered in the catalogue and no lot shall be divided at sale.
6) We reserve the right to reject a bid from any bidder. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders, or in the event the auctioneer doubts the validity of any bid, the auctioneer shall have sole and final discretion either to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, our sales records shall be conclusive in all respects. The prevailing party in any dispute, action or proceeding to enforce the terms of these Conditions of Sale shall be entitled to reimbursement of its expenses from the party or parties against whom it prevailed, including reasonable attorney fees and expenses.
7) If we are prevented by fire, theft or any other reason whatsoever from delivering any property to the purchaser, our liability shall be limited to the sum actually paid therefore by the purchaser.
8) Most lots are sold subject to a reserve--a confidential minimum amount for which the seller is willing to sell that lot. The reserve is always significantly below the gallery pricing. The auctioneer may place bids on behalf of Martin Lawrence Galleries up to and including one bid below the reserve.
9) Payment terms: All items are to be paid for immediately by (a) Cash, (b) Personal check with approved credit, (c) Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover Card. All items are sold 'as is' and all sales are ?nal.
10) Gallery pricing indicates publisher's suggested retail prices, or Martin Lawrence retail asking prices. Some of the artworks in this catalogue were published by Chalk & Vermilion Fine Arts, which is the parent company of Martin Lawrence Galleries, and some of these or other publishers' suggested retail prices may vary from those of Martin Lawrence or other galleries. All items are subject to availability and substitutions may occur prior to auction date. We will generate an addendum indicating substitutions.
Shipped art will be shipped to the address noted on your auction invoice. Shipping, Packing and Insurance are at the buyers expense, and a charge of $150 will be incurred for each work shipped within the continental US, or arrangements may be made to have the art delivered to the gallery for pickup at a later date, for a charge of $50 per item. Questions pertaining to shipment of your art will be answered by a Martin Lawrence Galleries representative.