More About this Item
Auction Terms & Conditions
Any one wishing to participating in bidding must understand and agree to the terms and conditions by which our auctions take place. Before bidding, please thoroughly read our terms and conditions set forth below. The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc requires that each bidder, whether bidding in person, on the phone, by absentee bid, or through one of our online bidding venues, i.e. Invaluable.com, accepts these terms and conditions.
The property offered for sale by The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc, is donated to our 501(c)(3) or taken on consignment. The below Terms and Conditions of Auction constitute the entire agreement with the successful bidder relative to the property purchased at auction.
In bidding with The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms:
1. All items offered at auction are sold asis, whereis and without recourse. All descriptions are based on the opinion of The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc. Descriptions including photographs, condition, weights, authenticity, provenance, manufacturer, artist, origin and measurements are believed to be accurate, however, neither The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc, the auctioneer nor consignor makes any warranty or representations of any kind to the merchandise being offered. All measurements and weights are approximate.
2. The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc is not responsible for any omission or errors in the description or a further verbal description given by the auctioneer(s) the day of the auction or by any employee preceding or following the auction.
3. The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc encourages all potential bidders to preview our items in person, we hold several days of previews before each auction. Further photographs, condition reports and in hand evaluations are available upon request. Please call our office to arrange.
4. The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc reserves the right to withdraw lots prior to the commencement of each auction.
5. Estimates published, showing both a high and low end range for each item, are of the opinion of The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc as to the fair auction value for each item. The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc makes no warranties as to finite value for item(s) sold. You as the bidder decide the final price.
6. While many lots are listed without reserve prices, at times, The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc or its consignors may assign minimum selling prices to select lots in each auction. The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc may execute bids on the behalf of our consignors due to reserve prices.
7. The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc reserves the right to refuse admission to our facility, reject any bid or to refuse to acknowledge certain bidders. The highest bidder, whether in the salesroom, absentee, on the telephone or online will be acknowledged and recorded by the auctioneer.
8. No auction lot can be removed from the gallery until payment has been accepted and cleared. Please see our payment, pickup and shipping section for further details. All items won must be paid for within 10 days or a dispute will be filed and opened.
9.The purchase price payable by the buyer shall be the sum of the final bid plus a buyer's premium of 22%, discounted to 20% for payments by cash, check or wire transfer within 5 business days of the sale.
10. All items must be picked up, or have shipping arranged, within 10 business days following the auction date. A storage fee of $10 per lot per day applies on the 11th day. The Benefit Shop Foundation is not responsible for items left at The Gallery for more than ten days. After three weeks, all unclaimed lots will be re-listed for sale and any payment, gratefully accepted as a tax-deductible charitable donation to The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc.
11. Purchases are subject to 7.375% Westchester County/New York State sales tax with the following exceptions: (a) items shipped outside of New York State by a trucking or shipping company are exempt from state and local sales tax, (b) registered re-sellers are also exempt from state and local sales tax, however, completed resale certificates must be provided to The Benefit Shop Auction Gallery prior to the time of purchase.
12. We do not have an in house shipping department. The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc is not equipped to assist with the pickup of items from our gallery. Pickup and loading is the responsibly of the buyer and may include detaching art installations, electrical fixtures and window treatments where items are consigned and located on private estates. The Benefit Shop Auction Gallery is open Monday through Friday 10am - 4:30pm for pick up.
13. We can suggest companies for the packing, moving or shipping for any items sold. Please see our recommended shipping service tab for information on companies that pack and ship or personally deliver. The Benefit Shop Foundation Inc is not responsible for damages or misdeliveries made by the services hired and paid for by the successful bidder. Items picked up by a third party must have prior approval for pickup from the purchaser.
14. All glassware is sold as is; we cannot check every piece for chips. The Benefit Shop Foundation is not responsible for damage of glass covering paintings, drawings, and other works or art, or frames, regardless of cause. The Benefit Shop will not guarantee the authenticity of any signature unless so stated at the time of auction. We are not responsible for typographical errors.
Buyers are responsible for all packing and shipping arrangements. We do not have an in house shipping department.
For Tri-State Furniture Moving
Staffa Trucking - (718) 892 - 8520
Jonathan Alexander & Sons Moving - (203) 449-8567
For Small Items & Out of State Shipping
ASAP Etc. in Mamaroneck, NY - (914) 381 - 6421