Download the Invaluable app and never miss an auction from your iOS or Android device.
1. The highest accepted bidder shall be the purchaser. Any bidder acting for any person who is not bidding shall be jointly and severally liable with that person for satisfaction of all obligations and liabilities hereunder.
2. Should any dispute arise between 2 or more bidders, or between the auctioneers and any bidder, the Lot or Lots in dispute shall be put up again or not at the discretion of the Auctioneers and their decision shall be final.
3. The purchaser shall give his name and place of abode at the fall of the hammer. Purchasers paying by cheque must be prepared, if required, to produce a letter of credit from their bankers.
4. The ownership of the Lot purchased shall not pass to the buyer until he has made payment in full to Crow's Auction Gallery Ltd of the 'total amount due'.
5. The Auctioneers reserve the right to sell in such order and manner as they shall decide and to withdraw any Lot at any time.
6. No Lot or Lots shall be removed from the Auctioneer's premises until paid for and a receipt obtained. Each Lot shall immediately at the fall of the hammer be considered as delivered and remain in every respect at the absolute risk of the Purchaser thereof and shall be removed at the Purchaser's expense not later than 3.00pm on the day following the Sale. Neither shall any undertaking of the Auctioneers or their servants to take charge of any Lots after the Sale or to forward them to their destination be held to impose upon the Auctioneers any legal or equitable liability or obligation. The buyer shall be responsible for any removal and storage of any Lot not taken away within 24 hours after the day of the Auction.
7. No Lot may be removed during the time of the Sale. No person to be entitled to anything not described in his Lots. No allowance whatsoever will be made for errors in description, authenticity or quantity. Purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of a Lot prior to the sale.
8. Mechanical and electrical Lots - No warranty or guarantee is given that these are in working order.
9. Every person whilst on the premises before, during and after the Sale shall be deemed to be there at his or her own risk and with notice of the conditions of the premises or the method of arranging the furniture and no person shall have or make any claim against the seller or the Auctioneer in respect of any accident which may happen.
10. If any purchaser shall neglect or fail to comply with the above conditions the Lot or Lots shall be resold or otherwise disposed of in any way whether or not notice be given to the defaulting purchaser at the discretion of the Auctioneers and the deficiency if any incurred shall be made good by the defaulting purchaser at this present Sale and be recoverable from him as liquidated damages.
11. The Auctioneers to be the sole arbitrators in every matter of dispute and their decision shall be final.
12. VAT - If the Vendor is registered for VAT the Lots entered will be sold as VAT inclusive. A Vendor is not deemed to be registered for VAT unless he advised us of his VAT Registration Number.
13. THERE IS A BUYERS PREMIUM OF 22% + VAT which shall be payable in addition to the bid price.
14. Please note that that any lots purchased via Invaluable live auction service will be subject to an additional 5% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price
15. Payment made by non-EU Credit Card will incur an additional 2.4% Surcharge.
16. Although information has been obtained from sources deemed reliable, the auctioneers make no warranty or guarantee express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information herein contained. It is for this reason that buyers should avail themselves of the opportunity to make inspection prior to the Sale and check any information for themselves
17. Lots not cleared from the auction rooms after 7 working days will be subject to a storage charge of £5+ Vat per lot, per day on small items, £15+Vat on larger items, paintings and furniture.
CROW'S AUCTION GALLERY LTD ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ERRORS IN CATALOGUE DESCRIPTIONS
Any purchased lots not cleared from the auction rooms after 10 working days will be subject to a minimum storage charge of £5 per lot, per day +VAT.
Please note you are required to pay for and collect lots by the end of the week following the sale. Failure to pay swiftly will mean we may re-offer the unpaid for lot in the next weeks sale and prevent you from bidding at Crows Auctions again.
Important Notice to All Buyers
Some lots will require export or cities licences in order to leave the UK or the European Union. It is the buyer's responsibility to ensure that lots have the relevant licences before shipping them. Please contact the department for assistance.
Please also note that some countries such as the United States and Canada restrict or prohibit the purchase and import of objects of Iranian or Persian origin. It is the bidder's responsibility to satisfy themselves that the lot being purchased may be imported in the country of destination.
Lots purchased online with Invaluable & AuctionZip will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 5% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed
Buyers Premium: We charge 22% buyers premium + VAT.
Shipping: For your convenience we offer a Package and Postage service - Contact [email protected] for your P&P quotes
Terms and Conditions
1. Agent for the Seller: Unless otherwise agreed, Crows Auctions Ltd acts as agent for the seller. The contract for sale of the property is therefore made between the seller and the buyer.
2. Inspection: Prior to auction, prospective purchasers are very strongly advised to examine personally any property in which they are interested to satisfy themselves in relation to matters which may concern them or ask for a condition report.
3. Descriptions: Any representation in any catalogue or otherwise as to the origin, date, age, attribution, genuineness or estimated selling price of any lot is a statement of opinion only. Such statements do not constitute a representation, warranty or assumption of liability by Crows Auctions in relation to the lot. Any prospective buyer should satisfy themselves prior to the sale as to the reliability of the catalogue description.
4. Condition: Buyers are responsible for satisfying themselves concerning the condition of the property. All Lots are sold as seen.
5. Contract of sale: The buyer shall be the bidder at the highest price at the fall of the hammer.
6. Dispute resolution: Any dispute shall be settled at the auctioneer's absolute discretion. Under no circumstances will a sale be cancelled after the fall of the hammer, except at the auctioneer's entire discretion.
7. Bidder as principal: A bidder is accepting personal liability to pay the purchase price including the buyer's premium and all applicable taxes and charges unless: Crows Auctions Ltd has explicitly agreed in writing with the bidder before the commencement of the sale that (A) the bidder is acting as agent on behalf of a third party acceptable to Crows Auctions Ltd and (B) Crows Auctions Ltd has further agreed that they will look only to that third party for payment.
8. Premium: The buyer shall pay Crows Auctions Ltd a premium on the hammer price of 27% plus VAT on that commission.
9. Reserve: Many Lots are offered subject to a reserve, which is the confidential minimum sale price. The reserve will never exceed the low estimate printed in the catalogue. Crows Auctions Ltd may open the bidding on any lot below the reserve by placing a bid on behalf of the seller, and may in their discretion continue to bid on behalf of the seller up to the reserve price, by bidding in response to other bidders or alternatively by placing consecutive bids.
10. Responsibility: Purchased lots shall be at the buyer's risk in all respects from the fall of the hammer, and neither Crows Auctions Ltd nor their agents shall be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
11. Payment: All purchased lots must be paid for on the day of the auction. Written bids ('Commission bids') must be paid for the day after the auction. Payment must be in cash, debit, credit card or bank transfer. We do not accept cheques.Non E.U. credit cards are subject to a 3% surcharge. Title will not pass to the buyer until Crows Auctions Ltd has received all amounts due to them in cleared funds even if the Lot has been released to the buyer.
12. Attendance at auction: Crows Auctions Ltd has the right in their absolute discretion to refuse participation in any auction, to reject any bid, and to refuse admission to the premises.
13. Collection: Purchased Lots can be collected from the auction room after the sale has ended or between 10am and 6pm on the day after the sale. Purchased lots not collected before 6pm on the day after the sale shall incur storage charges of £3.00+VAT per lot, per day or part thereof. Crows Auctions Ltd shall be entitled to retain purchased Lots sold until all sums due have been paid to Crows Auctions Ltd. If any purchased lot remains uncollected 21 days after the sale storage charges shall thereafter be £10 per day and Crows Auctions Ltd shall have the right to sell the purchased Lot to recover payment of storage charges outstanding. Any balance proceeds of sale received after payment of all sums outstanding and due to Crows Auctions Ltd shall be held for the account of the purchaser.
14. Packing: Crows Auctions Ltd will use reasonable efforts to take care when handling packing and shipping lots purchased, but are not responsible for the errors or omissions of third parties who may be retained for these purposes.
15. Electrical Items: All electrical items are sold as seen and Crows Auctions Ltd offers no guarantee as to the working condition of such items or their safety.
16. Absentee Bids
• Commission Bids: Crows Auctions Ltd will use reasonable efforts to carry out Commission bids received by them prior to the sale for the convenience of clients who are not present at the auction in person .Execution of Commission bids is a free service provided to help clients and Crows Auctions Ltd does not accept liability for any failure to execute a Commission bid or for errors and omissions in connection with it. Commission bids shall be executed at the lowest possible price, subject to competing bids and reserves. Although Crows Auctions Ltd will endeavour to inform buyers it is the buyer who is responsible for checking to see if he has been successful in purchasing something.
• Telephone Bids: Crows Auctions Ltd will use reasonable efforts to contact prospective buyers who make arrangements prior to commencement of the sale to bid by telephone, but Crows Auctions Ltd does not accept liability for any failure or error or omission arising in connection with telephone bidding.
17. Proof of Identity: Bidders not previously known to Crows Auctions Ltd, will be required to provide:
• Proof of identity in the form of a passport or photocard driving licence (no other forms of ID are acceptable) and proof of address will be required. For proof of address, only official documents showing name and address will be accepted.
• Both landline and mobile telephone numbers must be provided.
18. Remedies for non-payment: If the buyer fails to make payment in full in cleared funds within the time required by clause 11 above, Crows Auctions Ltd shall be entitled to exercise any one or more of the following rights or remedies additional to such other rights or remedies available:
• to charge interest at 4% per annum above the base rate of Lloyds bank plc;
• to commence legal proceedings for the recovery of the total amount due together with interest, legal fees and costs;
• to cancel the sale;
• to resell the property on such terms by auction or otherwise entirely as Crows Auctions Ltd may shall think fit, the buyer to be liable for all costs including legal fees incurred in the sale and to remain liable for any shortfall arising upon sale;
• to set off against any sums which Crows Auctions Ltd may owe the buyer the outstanding sums unpaid by the buyer;
• where the buyer owes sums to Crows Auctions Ltd in respect of different transactions, to apply any sum paid by the buyer entirely at the discretion of Crows auctions Ltd to discharge any sums owed;
• to refuse entry to the buyer at any future auction and/or reject any future bids by the buyer and/or seek a deposit from the buyer entirely in the discretion of Crows Auctions Ltd;
• to retain all property owned by the buyer in the possession of Crows Auctions Ltd as collateral for outstanding sums owed and to exercise all the rights and remedies of a person holding security over any such property , whether by way of pledge, security interest or in any other way, to the extent permitted by law;
• to take such other action as is permissible by law and in the discretion of Crows Auctions Ltd.
19. Copyright: Crows Auctions Ltd shall own the copyright in all images, illustrations and written material produced by or for Crows Auctions Ltd relating to a lot including catalogue contents and such copyright shall remain at all times the property of Crows Auctions Ltd .Neither the buyer not anyone else shall use the same without the prior written consent of Crows Auctions Ltd.
20. Resale Right Regulations: If the Artist's Resale Right Regulations 2006 apply to the Lot, the buyer agrees to pay Crows Auctions Ltd an amount equal to the resale royalty provided for in those regulations and Crows Auctions Ltd undertakes to the buyer to pay such amount to the artist's collection agent.
21. Severability: Whenever and to the extent that any provisions of these terms would or might contravene the provisions of any relevant legislation such provision is to take effect only in so far as it may do so without contravening such legislation and the legality, validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions are not in any way to be affected or impaired as a result.
22. Law and Jurisdiction
• The rights and obligations of the parties with respect to these Conditions of Sale and the conduct of the auction and any matters related to any of the foregoing shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law. For the benefit of Crows Auctions Ltd, all bidders and sellers agree that the Courts of England are to have exclusive jurisdiction to settle all disputes arising in connection with all aspects of all matters or transactions to which these Conditions of Sale and Authorship Warranty relate or apply. All parties agree that Crows Auctions Ltd shall retain the right to bring proceedings in any court other than the Courts of England.
*All purchased Lots must be paid for on the day of the sale (except for commission bids which must be paid for on the day after sale) and all purchased Lots must be collected no later than 6pm on the day following sale
**Storage charges become applicable from the 2nd day following the sale
All commission is subject to VAT @ 20%
Buyers premium 27%+VAT